24 minutes of le mans

What car and tune did you guys use to beat this race?

I'm using the R18 and cannot for the life of me win this race. My lap times are around 3:45, I start with racing intermediates and pit after lap 3 to fuel up and switch to racing hards. Half of AI seems to pit after lap 1, and the other half after lap 3 with me, and ever split they just keep extending their lead on me.

Are my lap times really that bad? or is there an easier way to do this?

Funny you mention that.. I am findding the Silverstone race to be a problem. I run out of fuel with 2 corners to go and in second place... are there more economical cars in the game?? I have the GTR R-35 touring car

Funny you mention that.. I am findding the Silverstone race to be a problem. I run out of fuel with 2 corners to go and in second place... are there more economical cars in the game?? I have the GTR R-35 touring car

I ran the Nissan R92C (i think thats its name) for Silverstone, won it well and truly. Unforunately its not great on fuel milage so its not a good pick for Le Sarthe.

The Rocket '07, sure I didn't have the need to refuel, don't recall pitting at all, seriously underpowered against the other cars but make use of the ability to "warp" round corners can still get you a win.

I used the Monster Sport SX4 Base Model...and I wouldn't recommend it. I had to cut the last two chicanes to win. Yes I know it's cheap, but I wasn't going to do another 24 minutes of LeMans. :lol:
So it is possible to win it with this? Awesome, this is the car I honestly can't wait to buy on GT6. Currently got 1,300,000.

Just about to do a run on 24hr Le Mans in a R10 Stealth Model with Stage 3 Turbo 1192 BHP, 875kg...0.73kg/BHP...WOW!!! back soon with lap times and info.

I'm stuck between the R18 and Deltawing. I don't have GT6 yet so I have a while to think, but which would be a better bet?

I'm stuck between the R18 and Deltawing. I don't have GT6 yet so I have a while to think, but which would be a better bet?

If you can get an Aniversary Edition copy of GT6 you get an R18 for free so its an easy choice get a Deltawing

I don't want to use my AE cars until I complete the gam, but I think Deltawing will be good.

So it is possible to win it with this? Awesome, this is the car I honestly can't wait to buy on GT6. Currently got 1,300,000.

At least it was very good car for 24 min. Nurburgring and 10 laps of Silverstone events.

Atm saving money for better car to use for Le Mans (and Belgium). Is it possible to take part with Formula GT after adjusting PP?

Have you done the GT World Championship in A-Spec? The Monster Sport SX4 crushes that championship. :lol:

Have you done the GT World Championship in A-Spec? The Monster Sport SX4 crushes that championship. :lol:
I'm only up to iB even though I've had the game since the 3rd December...I've been doing a lot of time trials and stuff so no, not yet! But I am going to get it as soon as possible.

phew! I just tried this again with the R18 and beat it using racing soft while pitting at the end of lap 3 and 5. Ended up winning by 6 seconds even though it should've been more except I spun out and got stuck for a solid 30 seconds lol. Thanks for the tips with the racing soft tires.

I just ran the Audi R8, RS tires. Had to stop for gas about 4 laps in and swapped tires, after the road surface was dry I noticed that the rear tires were wearing quick due to all the bouncing on the straight causing a bit of wheel spin. I ducked into the pits and got a new set of tires about 5 minutes from the end and was in 3rd place almost 30 seconds behind the leader which was another R8. with 1 minute to go the other R8 and the car behind him went into the pits and I cruised by them and opened up a lead, I took it easy on the last sector just to make sure I did not spin out at the end and won easily.

Would have been easier if not for the fact that I had lowered the gears in the R8 for another track and forgot to raise them before the race, Was hitting the rev limit at 205mph using more fuel than normal and such but still fast enough to win with no upgrades and no oil change even a body that is started to deteriorate from use :)

I just used the rocket, you pit once when you have 1 lap to go and make sure you move the slider to about 15 liters of fuel or you are just wasting time.

you get destroyed on the straights but overall with the handling and lack of pitstops its an easy win, 30+ seconds

My lap times with the R18 are averaging around 3:30. I haven't done the race yet, will those lap times be enough?

That will be plenty fast enough, provided you can do it without seeing the road the R18 AE headlights are horrible at Lemans and assuming you can drive well in the dark and on wet road as it will be raining as well.

I was taking it easy in my stock R8 to avoid spinning out in the rain and the dark, pitted 2 times, most laps were in the 3:40 3:45 range and won by several seconds.

I did not win it in the R18 due to not being able to see the road and caused me to go off track and spin a few times.

anyone got good setups for the R18 AE or the Rocket on this or Spa? R18 is feeling underpowered and occasionally has problems on wet, slippery turns.

R18 with turbo upgrade and racing soft. Looks like PD messed up the wet tires yet again as they're worse than RS unless it's really wet.

Unfortunately, after I crossed the line the table had my name twice on 1st and 2nd, then the payout screen told me I was 3rd. :confused:👎👎 Not sure if I would do this again or wait for a patch to fix that.

1. Thanks for the tip. high or low turbo?
2. That sounds like a huge problem. anyone else experience that?

I think mid-RPM turbo adds the most power. I also read from another thread that it's best to shift at 5000rpm due to the characteristics of the diesel engine. If you need to short-shift (when coming out of a corner) do it at 4000rpm.

Used R18 (from the Anniversary Edition), started with intermediates, then switched to hard slicks on lap 3, and I accidentally did it on lap 6 (along with full gas when it's supposed to be splash-and-go) when I wanted SOFT slicks to finish off...

Any occurrences of HARD rain in this race? My first time I did not have one.

Just finished it after my 3rd attempt
1st try I used my Puegeot 908 HDI base model ..bone stock AND I forgot to reset my power from another race so it was turned down to 650 pp lol..it was slower than the other cars but I got great fuel mileage. I missed the pits at the start of lap 3 n made it 3 and 3.4 laps before running out of fuel..I ended up finishing in 13th lol
2nd attempt I tried my Pescarolo C90 Hybride..ill tempered thing..has a habit of darting under braking and could only go 2 laps before pitting..when the rain stopped it would only make 1 lap before roasting the racing softs
3rd attempt back in the Peugeot add a large turbo..much faster but I had the speed set at 230mph n should had it a lil higher..kept hitting the rev limiter on the straights.I pitted on lap 3 and came out in 5th.lap 6 pit again at around 19 min came out of the pits in 3rd..the rain stopped and the tires started to wear a bit but I crossed the finish line at 23:45 still in 3rd ..even after a trip to play in the sand trap...the other cars were in the pits .I was about to make a final lap and win by 15 sec

Latest Posts

Back