24 minutes of le mans

DeltaWing on Racing Softs all the way... 1 pit stop... not sure how people are making it without at least one stop... it was a fairly easy win and I am awful on that track in LMPs...

My first attempt at this race was a practice session, i tried the Deltawing and choose not to pit, unfortunately i ran out of gas at mulsanne corner on the last lap.
My Second attempt with the Peugeot would have ended with a victory but my tires turned to mush at the porsche curves on the 2nd to last lap :mad:. I couldn't even get it to the pits, by time i got it straightish it i was in 8th place.

905 fully upgraded, racing hard tires all the time, too easy. I was pitting every other lap as I would run out of fuel otherwise.

Hmm... Is there anyone using a road car (other than LCC Rocket) to win the race? I've thinking of a LFA kicking LMP's rear bumpers... :mischievous:

It's still early, but for me the fastest lmp1 seems to be the Peugeot 908. 1165 bhp. @4k rpm this thing is definetly a monster. Found it had better handling than the other Lmps and had rediculous speed. The first time i drove it i couldn't belive a 1165hp car could only hit 220 with max downforce. However since I was using the mid range turbo, the hp is spiked around 3500-5000 rpm. With long and I mean long gears, this thing is a true rocket down the mulsanne. Works twice as good if you are able to drive in manual, and keep the revs down. Should have good fuel economy too for lemans prototypes due to the low revs once again. Highly recommend geting the base model as you are not only able to paint the body, but also the rims and number.

Thanks for the mid range turbo tip. I was using a high range on the 908 base and I couldn't stretch to 3 laps. Put on the mid, did a fair bit of coasting post-Arnage and through the Porsche Curves etc on the 3rd lap (thankfully was in 1st by then) and had just enough fuel to get back into the pits. Pitted again after 5th lap and won by almost a minute. Before that I had to pit 2, 4, 6 and only could get to 4th.

I did it with a Mazda 787 with all the mod-cons. But I think there is a glitch because one minute I was 30 seconds behind the 905, and the next I was 30 seconds ahead of it and increasing 2 seconds per timed point.

At no point did I pass it.

Since the pit stop bug destroys all the fun of this event anyways, I just cheated through it. I used the Peugeot 908, put the turbo in and activated some driving aids for an easy victory. 7 laps in total, pit stops after lap 2, 4, 6.

i think i may have a glitch in this event, whenever i come to the last few minutes of the race, if i'm in first place and i cross the finish line it gives the cars in the pit's the lead and i have to do another lap. if i pit with just a few seconds left it gives the cars on the track the win. what gives?

seems no matter what i do, first place crossing the line, or first place coming into the pit, just before time runs out, it gives the other cars the win? i realize it's a timed race so i'm not talking about laps.

first race i was in first, the rest were in the pit when the clock ran out and it gave me 13th place. second race i was in 1st place and it gave those in the pits the win and it gave me 4th, third race i went into the pit, in first place just before time ran out and it gave me 5th place.

Just ran it in the Merc c9 stock

1st stint 3 laps (save gas or you can run out at end of 3)
Then 2 and 2. All race soft.

Yeah the cars on lap 6 say they finish 1st still till you cross on lap 7. Got my 3 stars and first

i think i may have a glitch in this event, whenever i come to the last few minutes of the race, if i'm in first place and i cross the finish line it gives the cars in the pit's the lead and i have to do another lap. if i pit with just a few seconds left it gives the cars on the track the win. what gives?

seems no matter what i do, first place crossing the line, or first place coming into the pit, just before time runs out, it gives the other cars the win? i realize it's a timed race so i'm not talking about laps.

first race i was in first, the rest were in the pit when the clock ran out and it gave me 13th place. second race i was in 1st place and it gave those in the pits the win and it gave me 4th, third race i went into the pit, in first place just before time ran out and it gave me 5th place.

At Le Mans with the Audi R-18 for the 24 minutes of Le Mans
Total Time 27:50.106 “Very Slow” as the Best Lap was a 3.:41.147
GT-6 simulation needs to scratch the name simulation and just go with GT-6. The 24 Minutes of Le Mans is total joke! There is nothing remotely real about this game or this Le Mans race. At the end of lap 6 I was barely ahead by a few seconds in the Audi R-18 (the slowest Le Mans car in the game) all of a sudden all the cars went to the pits and with 1 second on the clock I crossed the start finish line so I had to go one more lap. The insane thing was the cars in the pits never came back out but kept passing each other in the pits..LOL so when I crossed the finish line on lap 7 beginning of lap 8 I lapped the entire field. Every stupid car was one lap down to the R-18 at the finish. Correction in reviewing of the race on replay they did come out but it took them an astronomical 3 minutes and 50 seconds just to get from the pits to the start of the Mulsanne straight when I crossed the finish line.
Anybody has a clue for this???

Last edited:
I don't know why some guys add turbo to the race car?! It make race even more easy. I bet wit stock Gt one, Bentley, even F1 GTR... It's logic to drive race car with real spec...

cbb
u gotta be doing like 3:35 laps to win it and pit every 2 or 3 laps

I wish. You give me too much credit but thank you but my fast lap was 3:41.147. And pit stops at lap 3 and 5 no more pit stops after that with checkered flag on lap 7 going to 8. I checked the replay to make sure. I am thinking that I should post the last two laps on you tube. Do not know what to think why I was able to lap all R.C. but one?? What is your take on that??

I wish. You give me too much credit but thank you but my fast lap was 3:41.147. And pit stops at lap 3 and 5 no more pit stops after that with checkered flag on lap 7 going to 8. I checked the replay to make sure. I am thinking that I should post the last two laps on you tube. Do not know what to think why I was able to lap all R.C. but one?? What is your take on that??

That's another stupid thing in the LeMans 24 min race: Usually the first one or two cars pit in just before the timelimit, they roll over the start finish line and go another full lap. All other AI cars, which get to the finish line after the timelimit, roll out and cruise over the track.

It is like "What? Those guys go for another lap? Na, for me the time is over, my race is finished".

Last edited:
That's another stupid thing in the LeMans 24 min race: Usually the first one or two cars pit in just before the timelimit, they roll over the start finish line and go another full lap. All other AI cars, which get to the finish line after the timelimit, roll out and cruise over the track.

It is like "What? Those guys go for another lap? Na, for me the time is over, my race is finished".
I could not agree with you more on your statement as that also happened to me the first time I ran the race. Yes, just as you have described it!!

Here is my lap by lap recap;
Started the race with racing soft rubber on lap 2 I was in the lead by overtaking all of them as they all en mass pitted on lap 2. Went into the pits at the end of lap 3 still in the lead (full fuel and RS) On lap 5 came into the pits and took 2/3rd fuel and RS came out in 2nd place with the Bentley Speed 8 in the lead. Passed the Bentley on lap 6 at the Porsche Curves, Bentley went to the pits. I crossed the finish line with 2 seconds to go 1 second on the clock at the line. I did one more lap all by myself 3:50 seconds and crossed the finish line on lap 8 all cars one lap down except for one but do not know who that was as you cannot see that on the replay.

My settings for the R-18

Settings
RH 80-80
SR 15:89-17-34
Damper C. 4-2
Damper E. 2-4
Anti-roll 5-1
Camber
2.0-0.5
Toe
0.00-0.20
Brake
5-2
Max Speed 193
1-2.684
2-1.808
3-1-320
4-1.011
5-0.812
6-0.684
Final Gear 3.100
DG
Downforce
358-598

Last edited:
I did it with a stock Sauber. Pretty easy since my oponents apparently started with the wrong tires and made an extra pit stop.
Also, are the races in S class supposed to have random weather? Because every time I try them, the weather bahaves the same throughout the race.

Wasn't there a thing where using the X2014 Junior made all of the cars be the X2014 Junior? I tried that and none of them changed to it.

I did it with a stock Sauber. Pretty easy since my oponents apparently started with the wrong tires and made an extra pit stop.
Also, are the races in S class supposed to have random weather? Because every time I try them, the weather bahaves the same throughout the race.
The same with me too.

It is also easy because the Sauber in my opinion is one of the fastest LeMans race cars in GT6 and why I went with the Audi R-18. I always look for the challenge in GT6 and the R-18 will give it to you at LeMans.

Yeah, Le Mans in stock R18 is good challenge :D But i did that, my strategy was - drive on Racing Soft tyres till you ran out of fuel, refuel and repeat. I won with 1lap gap.

I'm pretty bad in rain and my Peugeot 908 doesn't like it either so I took the cheap way out and used the X2014 Junior, I know its cheating :guilty:.

Did it with the DeltaWing (black) with high rpm turbo. RS the whole time and only pitted once before the last lap for a splash of fuel. It was a very close race, I passed the leader while we were both in the pits (he obviously needed more fuel than I!). I was far enough ahead that he didn't bother me on the last lap, but by the time I got to the finish line he was < 3sec behind. Enough to get the adrenaline flowing for sure :)

Back