24 minutes of le mans

To those who succeeded with Delta Wing, how do you overcome the instability under braking? Would you please share the setting?

I feel it's very capable on dry condition, but the handling is very different on wet surface. (especially seeing all other LMPs running away :( )

Er... I've been running Rain Master with MR/RR cars quite a lot, so I sort of know how to drive in the rain, but I find Delta Wing is really difficult on wet. :(

To those who succeeded with Delta Wing, how do you overcome the instability under braking? Would you please share the setting?

I feel it's very capable on dry condition, but the handling is very different on wet surface. (especially seeing all other LMPs running away :( )

Er... I've been running Rain Master with MR/RR cars quite a lot, so I sort of know how to drive in the rain, but I find Delta Wing is really difficult on wet. :(
In the rain I only use racing soft tires

I had two victories last night by two very different cars.

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model '10, & DeltaWing 2012 (Nissan). Both are tuned to the max power by high speed turbo, with intermedium or RS tire.

908 HDi can do 3:30-sh per lap, but must be pitted every 2 laps. I failed to do 3 laps in the first try, lamed back from the corner Arnage :( This is a powerful fast car. Well-behaved handling, very stable. I tuned it softer with lifted ride height, and low DF. I used intermedium first but later I found there's too much rubber left when I pitted, so I switched to RS. Won by a pretty big margin. :cool:

DeltaWing can do 3:40 or so without mistake. I did 2 or 3 such clean laps and some other with minor 'overshoot' :sly: Only pitted once at the end of lap 5. Again, intermedium before pit stop and RS after. A 'secret' tuning is provided by a member here, which works wonderfully on the wet track. Very stable and can brake into the corner, so much different from the bad comments around. One of the best thing is its high DF doesn't affect top speed. So it's super fast in that series of high speed sweepers in the last section of track. I catched up other high power LMS by 4~5 sec in this section alone. Just awesome! 👍 Won by 15 sec. or so. Not a very large gap but I feel safe enough.

I had two victories last night by two very different cars.

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model '10, & DeltaWing 2012 (Nissan). Both are tuned to the max power by high speed turbo, with intermedium or RS tire.

908 HDi can do 3:30-sh per lap, but must be pitted every 2 laps. I failed to do 3 laps in the first try, lamed back from the corner Arnage :( This is a powerful fast car. Well-behaved handling, very stable. I tuned it softer with lifted ride height, and low DF. I used intermedium first but later I found there's too much rubber left when I pitted, so I switched to RS. Won by a pretty big margin. :cool:

DeltaWing can do 3:40 or so without mistake. I did 2 or 3 such clean laps and some other with minor 'overshoot' :sly: Only pitted once at the end of lap 5. Again, intermedium before pit stop and RS after. A 'secret' tuning is provided by a member here, which works wonderfully on the wet track. Very stable and can brake into the corner, so much different from the bad comments around. One of the best thing is its high DF doesn't affect top speed. So it's super fast in that series of high speed sweepers in the last section of track. I catched up other high power LMS by 4~5 sec in this section alone. Just awesome! 👍 Won by 15 sec. or so. Not a very large gap but I feel safe enough.

Great job. I did laps of 3:41 with the R18 and was able to lap the field minus one using racing soft all the way. Pit on lap 3 and 5 and ran 7 laps to the finish line. Still don't understand why I was able to lap all but one as I ran a very slow 3:50 on the last lap???

Last edited:
I dont know if this has been posted yet, but the best Le Mans car to do this race, by far, is this one:

2013-deltawing-livery.jpg

Consumes less than 1/2 the fuel of typical LMP cars, and the tires last about 3 times more, so you only need to do 1 pitstop. Sure its not as fast as others, but since it has a great fuel economy and manages tyres really well, youl win easily and by a long margin.

Settings: Maximum Rear wing downforce, Max speed to 390, Turbo stage 3 (739PP). Use intermediate tyres all the race, in the pitstop you only need to put half the fuel so it will be a quick one.

Edit: Yeah, the LCC Rocket is also a very good bet because its quick and so lightweight that also has good fuel economy and manages tyres well, but its not a Le Mans car.

Last edited:
well you only need one pitstop with the stock r18 too, if you know when to change gear right, won by half a lap doing 3.45min on racing hards.(3 rains(55%,34% and 14% humidity max) and the last 2 laps in the sun)
the r18 loses power so fast above 5500rpm and the fuel consumption explodes, best indicator is the on board led, which turns yellow if you leave the good rpm range.

well you only need one pitstop with the stock r18 too, if you know when to change gear right, won by half a lap doing 3.45min on racing hards.(3 rains(55%,34% and 14% humidity max) and the last 2 laps in the sun)
the r18 loses power so fast above 5500rpm and the fuel consumption explodes, best indicator is the on board led, which turns yellow if you leave the good rpm range.
Yeah, but with the DeltaWing you dont have to worry about Rev's, you can just drive flat out and still have great fuel economy and great tyre management.

Yeah, but with the DeltaWing you dont have to worry about Rev's, you can just drive flat out and still have great fuel economy and great tyre management.

yes but the r18 don´t even has to be tuned, well if you tune the delta wing to over 700pp you are overpowered as hell, with stock r18 it is still fun without tuning(cheaper) and good usable fuel consumption(unlike group c) and great aero(like the open lmp1).

lets not forget its about personal preference as well, and some may like more of a challange(r18), or easy drivabiltity(905/pesc-hybrid) or even history(group c/oldtimer).

yes but the r18 don´t even has to be tuned, well if you tune the delta wing to over 700pp you are overpowered as hell, with stock r18 it is still fun without tuning(cheaper) and good usable fuel consumption(unlike group c) and great aero(like the open lmp1).

lets not forget its about personal preference as well, and some may like more of a challange(r18), or easy drivabiltity(905/pesc-hybrid) or even history(group c/oldtimer).
Disagree, at least I dont find it overpowered, it has about 450HP. And its very driveable.

The R18 is my choice as I can lap the field with this LeMans car with RS all the way with pit stops on lap 3 and 5 ending on lap 7. All other LeMans race cars are one lap down minus one. Fast laps of 3:41 until lap 7 where I did a 3:50 just to save fuel.

I can't wait to try this one, I'm not there yet. But I think a tricked out Minolta would do just fine.
No too many faster cars in the game. Can't wait to try all the suggestions too.

This is not a LeMans car so I would never use it.
It raced at Le Mans (experimental vehicle class)
I can't wait to try this one, I'm not there yet. But I think a tricked out Minolta would do just fine.
From my experience in this race, you shouldn't use the fastest car, but one that is easy on fuel and tires. Its horrible when you are half a lap to go and the tires are gone, or you run out of fuel.
I tried this race with the Nissan R92CP, which IMO is the fastest LMP (raw speed), but man that thing eats fuel and tires like mad.

Last edited:
Any LeMans car can win this race as it is all race strategy. The R18 is the slowest and I lap the field with it.

skeagracing and NixxxoN; Thank you both for the advice turst me, I'll use it.

Yes, you have to be gentle with the Minolta Toyota or you will eat the tyres and run out of petrel.

It raced at Le Mans (experimental vehicle class)

From my experience in this race, you shouldn't use the fastest car, but one that is easy on fuel and tires. Its horrible when you are half a lap to go and the tires are gone, or you run out of fuel.
I tried this race with the Nissan R92CP, which IMO is the fastest LMP (raw speed), but man that thing eats fuel and tires like mad.
Thank you as I did not know that it was in the experimantal vehicle class.

skeagracing and NixxxoN; Thank you both for the advice turst me, I'll use it.

Yes, you have to be gentle with the Minolta Toyota or you will eat the tyres and run out of petrel.
Thank you as I did not know that it was in the experimantal vehicle class.

No problem, precisely today I won the race after 3 tries, 2 with the R92CP and one with the DeltaWing.
The first one I ran out of fuel in the middle of the 3rd lap (should have pit) and the 2nd one I ran out of tires because of the known glitch that makes tires last far less after doing a pitstop (its very annoying)
Then I used the Deltawing, and very different story. Its still quite fast and I only needed to pit once, on lap 4. Won by a minute or so

No problem, precisely today I won the race after 3 tries, 2 with the R92CP and one with the DeltaWing.
The first one I ran out of fuel in the middle of the 3rd lap (should have pit) and the 2nd one I ran out of tires because of the known glitch that makes tires last far less after doing a pitstop (its very annoying)
Then I used the Deltawing, and very different story. Its still quite fast and I only needed to pit once, on lap 4. Won by a minute or so
GT6 needs a lot of work to fix this and many other bugs that I have found especially in the S class timed races. The most glaring to me was at LeMans when I finished lap 6 with 2 seconds on the clock and had to do a lap 7. The insane thing was the cars in the pits came back out but it took them an astronomical 3 minutes and 50 seconds (the time of my last lap as I was saving fuel) just to get from pit lane to the beginning of the Mulsanne straight so when I crossed the finish line on lap 7 beginning of lap 8 I lapped the entire field minus one race car and won with one of the slowest LeMans race cars in the game. Why?? The other one is that in the rain RS can outrun any other tire in the race. Why?? Another is sometimes you go in the pits first and ends up having to wait for all the cars in the pits to exit onto the track before you can get going out to the track. Again why??

GT6 needs a lot of work to fix this and many other bugs that I have found especially in the S class timed races. The most glaring to me was at LeMans when I finished lap 6 with 2 seconds on the clock and had to do a lap 7. The insane thing was the cars in the pits came back out but it took them an astronomical 3 minutes and 50 seconds (the time of my last lap as I was saving fuel) just to get from pit lane to the beginning of the Mulsanne straight so when I crossed the finish line on lap 7 beginning of lap 8 I lapped the entire field minus one race car and won with one of the slowest LeMans race cars in the game. Why?? The other one is that in the rain RS can outrun any other tire in the race. Why?? Another is sometimes you go in the pits first and ends up having to wait for all the cars in the pits to exit onto the track before you can get going out to the track. Again why??
The racing soft issue is because of the SRF. Turn it off and you'll start to spin and skid.
The others... well... just coding and programming mistakes/messups.

The racing soft issue is because of the SRF. Turn it off and you'll start to spin and skid.
The others... well... just coding and programming mistakes/messups.
I have never used SRF for any reason at all and I don't spin or skid with RS tires. It should have never been part of the game as it turns any tire into a racing tire.

Last edited:
Did this stage with the Chaparral 2J. Upgrade turbo and edit the tranny for about 217mph top speed. Running lap 3, pit and do a full refuel, you should be on 1st position, now after two laps pit and only refill 30 to 40 liters of fuel that'll be ok to an easy finish. Thanks to all for the tips on this thread.

Did this stage with the Chaparral 2J. Upgrade turbo and edit the tranny for about 217mph top speed. Running lap 3, pit and do a full refuel, you should be on 1st position, now after two laps pit and only refill 30 to 40 liters of fuel that'll be ok to an easy finish. Thanks to all for the tips on this thread.
Roger that and PR too!!

I could not agree with you more on your statement as that also happened to me the first time I ran the race. Yes, just as you have described it!!

Here is my lap by lap recap;
Started the race with racing soft rubber on lap 2 I was in the lead by overtaking all of them as they all en mass pitted on lap 2. Went into the pits at the end of lap 3 still in the lead (full fuel and RS) On lap 5 came into the pits and took 2/3rd fuel and RS came out in 2nd place with the Bentley Speed 8 in the lead. Passed the Bentley on lap 6 at the Porsche Curves, Bentley went to the pits. I crossed the finish line with 2 seconds to go 1 second on the clock at the line. I did one more lap all by myself 3:50 seconds and crossed the finish line on lap 8 all cars one lap down except for one but do not know who that was as you cannot see that on the replay.

My settings for the R-18

Settings
RH 80-80
SR 15:89-17-34
Damper C. 4-2
Damper E. 2-4
Anti-roll 5-1
Camber
2.0-0.5
Toe
0.00-0.20
Brake
5-2
Max Speed 193
1-2.684
2-1.808
3-1-320
4-1.011
5-0.812
6-0.684
Final Gear 3.100
DG
Downforce
358-598

Will try this tune later, i first started off with the R18, but changed to the C60 Hybride, that i found to loose under braking. Love that car but as i used that 99% of the time in GT5, i bought the Oreca R8, lovely, nice and stable. But, PD, has put in silly penalty system, i got done few times with 3 second penalties for taking the normal racing line through the Ford Chicane. I mean normal, what i used to do GT5 and what they take in real life.

Came 3rd last night with the R8, but really want use/win with the beauty R18.

Will try this tune later, i first started off with the R18, but changed to the C60 Hybride, that i found to loose under braking. Love that car but as i used that 99% of the time in GT5, i bought the Oreca R8, lovely, nice and stable. But, PD, has put in silly penalty system, i got done few times with 3 second penalties for taking the normal racing line through the Ford Chicane. I mean normal, what i used to do GT5 and what they take in real life.

Came 3rd last night with the R8, but really want use/win with the beauty R18.

I would recommend that when you run the Beautiful R18 that you install a Mid RPM Turbo. I looked at the setting that I posted and went back to my race notes that I keep on all my races and sure enough I did run the Mid RPM Turbo. I did try all three Turbos but this one worked the best for me. You should have no problems with this setup as I spent a good two weeks to get it right. You will not need it but good luck anyway and thank you for giving it a try. Let me know if you need any other advice. I never use SRF just so you know. ABS 1 and TC at 3 or 5. One more thing I made up a lot of time and pushed real hard with the RS in the rain. I saved the replay if you need anything else.

Just finished 24 minutes of le mans. Used the 2013 Deltawing did 0 pitstops, Intermediate Tires, No upgrades other than oil change, and finished with 7 laps all being between 3:46-3:47.

Pretty easy race and the most controlled "race car" i have yet to drive in this entire game.

Just finished 24 minutes of le mans. Used the 2013 Deltawing did 0 pitstops, Intermediate Tires, No upgrades other than oil change, and finished with 7 laps all being between 3:46-3:47.

Pretty easy race and the most controlled "race car" i have yet to drive in this entire game.
Fantastic!! Bravo!!

Fantastic!! Bravo!!

Thanks. With a decent tune this car is super controllable and its pretty fast. I seen some things people said on here and thought it would be a hard car to drive but i have less problems with tail breaking and spinning out on this than i do on my other lmps/group c's.

Not a problem with the back end going off track either, i don't know about other views but if you drive cockpit then its really easy to know were your car is at and going to go.

But i was woundering, Is it the deltawing, or the race, that has reduced draft. I couldnt get as good of a draft as i do in arcade with my other lmps.

Back