21 minutes before Jack repeated a question by way of shouting; 50 minutes before he shot a gun; 52 minutes before he killed a guy by shoving a fireaxe in his chest and throwing his accomplice down 8 flights of stairs (also, his accomplice was Ba'al from Stargate); and nearly 2 hours before he's detained in CTU by CTU agents for going rogue again
Now I know what all the fuss is about! Too bad I had to stay up to 11pm last night and apparently I fell asleep during Irish today. Then again, it's not like I'm ever going to get a job just for being fluent in the Irish language.
I'm sure Mr. Wade will become relevant - in the original 24, every character was somehow linked to the central plot.
Also, slow? There's been explosions, new-colour weapons, a guy getting stabbed in the neck, badass Renee, Jack's manbag, an angle-grinder and I killed a man with a trident.
Yeah, why can't the people selling the new-colour material be from a country that America is bound to hate in the next few years, e.g. Iran or North Korea. Both hate America and both want to see America burn.
Season 1 is pretty different from any other season (I don’t mean that in a good or bad way – just very different feel stylistically). Seasons 2 and 3 were pretty awesome.
Yeah, I'm kind of upset that it took me so long to pick up on 24, it's about the only show I even bother to watch new episodes of anymore besides South Park.
Season 6 is easily my favorite of any that I've seen.
Yeah, I watched it way out of order… started watching at the start of season 6, then I watched season 7 concurrently with season 1 (because of the way Hulu was syndicating), then season 4, then seasons 2, 3, and 5, and now 8.
I picked up 24 some where in the middle also and after doing a bit of research, I believe Day 5 was when I picked up the series. Right now, the seasons I have seen mostly run together in my head. I really need to take a bit of time and watch each of them again. I also need to watch the first four Days of the series too.
I do not really have any comments at the moment on tonight's Series finale. So that is where I will leave this post for the time being.
The first season of 24 was the very first TV series on DVD for me. Not that I ever done it, but it was like doing crack.
Season 2 & 3 paled in comparison I thought, but it was still good. Season 4, it just got repetitive & the convenient plot twists just got too much for me. I stopped watching the DVDs.
Sometime later, I picked up where I left off, it was slightly more refreshing again, and the time off improved my patience with the lazy writing. With the Netflix stream on Xbox 360, I finished Season 6 & 7, I was ready to jump on Season 8, until........ I discovered that it was still on air. I can't wait until the DVD's out.
I thought the finale was climatic enough. It kept me glued to the TV for 2 hours (including breaks) and I ended up with a stomachache from all the junk food I ate.
That son of a bitch Logan deserved what was coming to him. He was an absolute arse and I have to say I cheered when he shot himself, and moaned when they said he would be okay. It's a shame Jack Bauer never got to shoot Logan himself.
I saw the last episode last night and I don't really know. There were some great episodes in this series, overall I enjoyed it a lot. A bit on the predictable side though.
I think if the ending might have been better if Jack died without assassinating the Russian president but left the tape for the President and it was his death, his biggest sacrifice for hi s country that was what pushed her to come clean and pull out of the conspiracy. It would have been more meaningful than the I'll give you 10 seconds and here I come approach they ended up using and much more potent. I always expected Jack to be killed at the end of 24 though, but I knew that as soon as the President pulled out before we knew if Jack had been killed yet that he was alive and would be found and the speed that they found him wasn't half a cop out. I enjoyed the series but I thought they bottled the ending. In a way I'm glad that's the end of 24, it's been a great series but you can tell they were running out of ideas in each of the last few seasons and it's always best to end before the ideas completely dry up. I'm going to look forward to the film though.
And yes, it's a shame about Logan not being killed by Jack let alone surviving.
True, but the film could be a prequel of sorts and be set while Jacks still an agent or even while he was special forces. Not that likely to have happened I know, but even sticking with Jack not being killed they copped out with the way they miraculously found him in about 3.5 seconds. I did enjoy the series as a whole though.