3 months later where are you at ?

Messages
307
Messages
super13brotary
Me I enjoy playing every single day I can, I love speculating on updates and seasonal events with my buddy over skype while we race, I look forward to the used car dealer refreshing after 5 races, I love drift racing every car I own, F1 racing online.
A good buddy and I both 97% completed started duping back and forth paints, parts, cars everything we have we started sharing.
And I can say I enjoy the game now more then ever, after 4 months I finally removed it from my ps3 only last week to play Resident Evil 5 on the move.

gt5.jpg


my stats:
lvl 34 aspec
lvl 34 bspec (as of last night)
1,4xx days
97% completed (only things missing are aspec Indy 5, 9hrs Tsukuba, both 24hr races. missing both 24hr races in b spec too)
74% trophies
60 gold licenses
gold every special event with a DS3 with the exception of bronze on all 3 Vettel challenge and the grand tour
230 awesome standards I would love to have IRL
100 awesome premiums I would love to have IRL
1st person on the gt boards with a gold chrome paint
600 paints
29 Mazda Museum cards
30k miles driven
perfect zero assist set up on all 4 my Ferarri F1's
1330hp X1 with 17k miles b spec, lol

summed up, its all about the driving experience, not the grind!
I took my buddy who I've been best friends with for 19 years (24y's/o now and been best friends since day one of kindergarden) who knew nothing about cars, or racing, or GT series, schooled him everything I know and introduced him to my passion of autos all with the help of this game.
say what you want about duping, it only added to my and my buddies gaming experience as we laugh about having 'stolen' or 'hot' rides in our garages...
ps. (99.9% gt3, 100% gt4 TWICE! and on my way to 100% gt5)

anyone else love this game more then me?
post your story!
 
Last edited:
A-Spec - Level 31
B-Spec - Level 21
License - 32/32 Golds
Progress - 72%
Trophies - 56%
Miles - 9,596.8
Cars - 261

Ready for the endurance save and some DLC.
 
A-spec - Level 38
B-spec - Level 31
Licenses - All 60 golds
Progress - 93%
Trophies - 80%
Miles - 25,000 +
Cars - 239
 
At my computer, on GTP posting in this thread...:sly:

Im level 32 A spec and level 22 B-Spec. I'm about to do the B-Spec Nascar...any suggestions?

My B-Spec drivers are 16, 16, 15, and 14 respectively.
 
A-Spec - Level 27
B-Spec - level 12
License - 2 Gold/13 Silver /45 Bronze
Progess - 70%
Miles - 7,005,0
Cars - 112

Have not played for a few weeks now ... busy with building on my real track car instead
 
A Spec = 30
B Spec = 26
All licenses, but not all gold
Owned cars = 207
Favorite cars = FGT (mainly for Bobs), Peugeot 908, Viper Oreca Race Car, Viper ACR, and Lexus LFA (so easy to drive)

I had a 'save' issue (my fault) that cost me several days' worth of progress recently on both A and B spec, so that kinda hurt me mentally.

But now I'm taking it easy on B Spec, building up my Bobs on the endurance races (just started today on Tsukuba 300km).

In the next few days, I'm going to slow down on everything and just have some fun in different 'street' cars on different tracks.

All in all, i enjoy GT5; I initially wanted to complete the game in no time, but now I'm realizing that I can actually enjoy it for months on end, a little at a time. Plus, with the seasonal events and hopefully soon DLC, it should stay fun for me for several years.
 
I'm level 34 A-Spec and Level 28 B-Spec :)
I was playing B-Spec for the prize cars, so, after I got the GT40, I dropped it completely.
Thanks to some nice guys in the marketplace got many of the hard-to-find unpaintable race cars, as well as some other cars that could have taken a lifetime to get... (ex. the classic race cars) and also, yeah... the X1 (without him I would be dreaming with the GT40 right now)...
I'm currently leveling up to level 35 :) hoping the in-race-saving feat. will become available soon.
I have 80 cars, I've won about 1200+ races, raced about 20K+ miles... only 5 gold licenses (don't care about it a lot :D), about 50 something% of the trophies... and finally, I'm sitting at 93% game completition. :)
 
33 aspec
40 bspec

97%
300+/- cars
71,000 miles
39 gold/19 silver/2 bronze license

etc, etc.

I finally got burnt out on hot lapping the Ring and Le Mans and too many douchebags online.

I play for about an hour once a week or so. I am just hoping for some serious content to be added(these weak seasonals don't add up to much). Also hoping for our old tracks to be updated a bit and given back to us. The lack of good tracks made replayability very short for me and I am hardcore GT supporter from GT1-GT4

Graphics look very good and driving feel is great but other than that, it
s weak sauce. The track selection just went limp from GT4 to GT5. Kaz said so himself that a car game is nothing without some place to drive the cars...................so why did he remove so many great old tracks? The "course creator" supposed to make up for crap selection of tracks? Not for me.

This baffled me when I first saw the official track list. Still bought it though because I figured this will be the first GT to have access to internet and updates and DLC and that more tracks might be added down the road but I didn't expect to get bored with GT5 so quickly.
 
Last edited:
I have still hardly even touched this game. Every time I try to get into it, I get stuck in a standard car and just feel so sad inside. :guilty: So I am still pretty much where I was when the game was released. And that isnt very far.
 
A spec: 36
B spec: 32
Game progress: 95%
Trophies earned: 71%
Cars: 239
Total distance driven: 18,647.4 miles :D
 
A-Spec 35
B-Spec 37
96%
+430 cars
+80.000 km
60/60 gold licenses
 
A-spec - Level 40
B-spec - Level 40
Licenses - All 60 golds
Progress - 99%
Trophies - 100%
Kilometers - over 170.000
Cars - about 1100

All done with DS3

I just have to do the 24h Nurburgring and its over
 
Last edited:
A-spec: 36
B-spec: 19

Only have all golds for B and A licenses.

I hardly play anymore.
 
A-Spec - Level 31
B-Spec - level 35
License - 47 Gold/6 Silver /7 Bronze
Progess - 75% -ish
Miles - A lot since B-Spec Remote... But I've driven between 9,000 and 10,000 A Spec.
Cars - 151

Lately I've been enjoying endurance races and attacking my license tests. I will have my 60 golds before too long here... I've also been enjoying 1 Make Races in practice mode.
 
I have still hardly even touched this game. Every time I try to get into it, I get stuck in a standard car and just feel so sad inside. :guilty: So I am still pretty much where I was when the game was released. And that isnt very far.

This game is like layered candy.

The more you keep eating, the sweeter it gets. Until you hit the rock solid jaw breaker...which you end up grinding with your teeth.

Some people like, others don't.

It's still sweet candy though.:)
 
Ive just switched it off for the first time in 3 months.

A - 40
B - 40
60 x Golds
1040 Cars - 997 Unique
150,000 odd miles

Still To Do

Gold Vettel Challenges.
4 Endurance races in A-Spec.
Collect remaining 40 odd cars.
Get online more.
 
A-Spec: level 34
B-Spec: level 23

Over 17.000km
always between 15.000.000 and 20.000.000cr
172 Cars
 
A-spec level 34
B-spec level 30

+19,400 miles

14,827,800cr.

215 cars

Licenses: (have Super) 22 golds, 8 silvers, 30 bronzes.
 
My progress so far:

A-Spec Level: 32
B-Spec Level: 14
Game Progress: 62%
Total Win: 199
No. of Cars Owned: 96
Trophies Earned: 52%
Total Distance Driven: 9,458.1 Miles

License: Super (46 Golds, 14 Silver, none Bronze)

Contrary to my statement, I play the game pretty frequently and is one of my favorite video game this gaming generation. Not surprising considering that Gran Turismo is my all-time favorite non-Nintendo video game series.
 
I'm 36 A-Spec, 40 B-Spec.
Around 350 cars.

Won't run a 24 hour race until they institute game saves (or never...whichever comes first).
 
37 A-Spec
37 B-Spec
99% Completion
814 Cars
54,000 miles driven

Still need $110,000,000 just to buy the few cars in the dealership i dont own :ouch:

And then still need like 200 used cars after that...

Not enough money, I was I was good at cheating
 
Finally home boys.
Aspec lvl 40 - All Aspec events completed
Bspec lvl 40 - All Bspec events completed
Game Progress 99% (just 1 or two specials left)
Trophies Earned 65%
1006 unique cars and counting (ttal 1038)
Total distance 201316.0km
2803 days
no online play
No cheating just hard out game play

GT5 can now proudly join GT1, GT2, GT3, GT Concept 2002, GT4 Prologue, GT4 and GT5 Prologue on the Gran Turismo Shelf.

Thank you PD for a great game and lets get a hurry on with GT6.
Lets hope they include a line up photo mode where one can snap a pic of all cars (or a selection of cars) in ones garage.
 
A-Spec : 37
B-Spec : 35
License : All Gold
Cars : 580
Distance : + 60,000 KM




im not sure about the distance & number of cars thou it could be more , its been a week since i played the game last time , im taking a break from gt for now
 
37 A-spec
38 B-spec

All gold special events
All gold license
3 A-spec endurance left,
1 B-spec enduranxpce left.

730 cars

I've stopped, because i hate grinding. I only now do online and special events.
 
Back