The BEST You've Dealt With Online

• Thread starter Spirit
  • 55 comments
I thought someone else made a thread like this already? Or was it for GT5?
I believe that was for GT5. I couldn't find a thread like this for GT6 but if there is one. A mod can lock this.

I play online almost everyday. There have been so many good times I can't even begin to count. Once you find good people to race/drift with the game becomes a different animal. The quality of racing skyrockets. The quality of racing becomes so much more competitive than anything the single player game can manage. I can't recommend online play more, it's fantastic!

I play online almost everyday. There have been so many good times I can't even begin to count. Once you find good people to race/drift with the game becomes a different animal. The quality of racing skyrockets. The quality of racing becomes so much more competitive than anything the single player game can manage. I can't recommend online play more, it's fantastic!
*Individual results may vary. :lol:

The most satisfying race of the day was at Nordschleife, in a 550 PP SS open lobby. There is this new guy who we didn't know from GT5, driving a McLaren MP4-12C, bugging himself on pole. Nice guy actually, good pace, but sometimes he likes to bump and push and lacks some understanding of what we consider good manners and sportsmanship. I was in a Ferrari GTO, starting third. I had tried the whole weekend to tame this bit.. and while the setup seems ok I felt still either slow or inconsistent or both.
At start I fell back a little, got a small push from behind but still made the corner without issues. Only the guy in front, a friend of mine, was lagging a bit and I had to stay back to avoid. Fortunately he crashed into the Hatzenbach wall and I got past, now a few seconds behind in second. The GTO needs a careful hand (or foot) in corners, but on the straights it's the devil. So I got closer past Schwedenkreuz and down the Foxhole. The McLaren has way better traction out of Adenauer Forst, so while I got already close, I couldn't make the pass towards Metzgesfeld. I had to wait, staying close behind without touching until the uphill past Bergwerk. Given my power advantage the pass after Mutkurve on the left side was easy and clean.
Now it was mine to defend through the twisty parts. As expected he tried to push in a few corners but I was prepared, not going all out but staying controlled, inside closed. The GTO's acceleration saved me on several of the short straights, but I managed it. Only at the Stefan-Bellof-S my car went dancing a bit and he glitched through. Probably both of us knew he wouldn't stand a chance on the straight so he tried to get away but was trying too hard towards Schwalbenschwanz, running wide. I went past again, managed the braking zone after the straight just fine (puuhh^^) and won it. Best answer is given on track...

Last edited:
Mildly off topic, but is there a thread to share your BEST online experiences? Just wondering as I couldn't find one. Thanks!

I'm on it...wait, it's right here.

I've been doing a lot of reading in the "Worst" thread, and a lot of the stories I've heard just makes it seem like the Online community in GT6 is much worse than GT5's. But as with almost anything bad, there is something good that can come from it. Thing is, because of the "Worst" thread, I haven't been online very often since buying GT6.

EDIT: Thank you, Vagabond, for merging this and RBR's threads.

Last edited:
I'm on it...wait, it's right here.

I've been doing a lot of reading in the "Worst" thread, and a lot of the stories I've heard just makes it seem like the Online community in GT6 is much worse than GT5's. But as with almost anything bad, there is something good that can come from it. Thing is, because of the "Worst" thread, I haven't been online very often since buying GT6.

So, what's one of your best experiences you've had online? It could be with fellow GTPlanet members, your own friends, or even complete strangers you've never met.

Mods, you are free to close this thread if it doesn't follow the AUP.
I've already made one. Technically, this is a duplicate. But, if this thread receives a lot more interest you can lock the one I previously made.

I've already made one. Technically, this is a duplicate. But, if this thread receives a lot more interest you can lock the one I previously made.
I don't think a lock would be necessary; if you ask one of the mods (politely) then they will merge the two threads together into one.

My good experiences outweigh my bad at least 20 to 1. Everyday I get on I have great racing. Just the other night a few buddies of mine made a dirty rally room. I never get in the dirty rooms, but now i wish I would have earlier. It was the dirtiest racing I have ever seen and I was laughing my butt off all night. The room was basically full and everyone was having a blast. Online racing is for me the only way to play GT. Other than the occasional seasonal event I haven't touched single player three days after the game was released.

Merged threads.
As of the posting of this thread, I can not allow naming and praising unless deemed acceptable by a moderator. So please don't do it! Moderators please inform me on the policy for naming and praising as I can not find a clear answer within the FAQ and AUP. Thanks!
That would be acceptable. 👍 I'm sure no individual named would be against public praise and recognition. If they are, they can ask to be removed.

Merged threads.

That would be acceptable. 👍 I'm sure no individual named would be against public praise and recognition. If they are, they can ask to be removed.
Thanks! OP updated. :)

My most memorable memory is coming across a guy who also drove a R35 GTR and we were both ahead of the field racing neck and neck most of the time. The GTR is probably the only car I'm good at tuning and driving close to the limits since I spend most of my time with it, and it was interesting to race against the same car type with a driver thats very adept.

Dont mean to gloat but I won in my gold chrome GTR. It actually looks good on the car :D

It was unbeatable in Gt5 but in gt6 its a lot harder.

My most memorable memory is coming across a guy who also drove a R35 GTR and we were both ahead of the field racing neck and neck most of the time. The GTR is probably the only car I'm good at tuning and driving close to the limits since I spend most of my time with it, and it was interesting to race against the same car type with a driver thats very adept.

Dont mean to gloat but I won in my gold chrome GTR. It actually looks good on the car :D

It was unbeatable in Gt5 but in gt6 its a lot harder.

Try a stock Miata on the Nurburgring without assists. There's a bunch of sections that you can go flat-out in. It takes a bit of practice to realize that you can just relax and avoid the brakes on parts you would normally have to slow down in.

Rooms where everyone doesn't ram each other and such are always great and fun. The little moments where you are chasing right after first placed car keeps you on the edge.

Hell, even when I am feeling a bit silly I go to a "cops" room for some ridiculous quick fun. GT6 has great online rooms, so I guess I have a great (not really) internet connection because I never get dropped and have no complaints about it. :dopey:

Drifting with @xlDevontelx today. I think I actually performed a tandem run for the first time.

That... has never happened before. Ever. I don't know how to tandem, but it just... happened! :confused: :eek: :scared:

Minor thread bump. :)

I would say the Car Of The Week race events hosted by :@:McClarenDesign are some of the most fun races I've had in quite a long time. Of course everyone else who runs in the events also makes for a fun night ( or morning in my and :@:Lewis_Hamilton_ cases. :lol:) of racing cars we would normally overlook.

Won an Enduro and got me a 20$ PSN card. Unorthodox tyre strategy and strategic interpetation of weather patterns nabbed me the win in my BMW M4 which has become my first car ever to win something of value.

My best experience online? Probably a guy I met from England on Xbox, we have been racing together now since Forza 2, FM3, FM4, GT5, GT6. It is pretty cool as he is a decent guy, easy going and always up for a race in just about anything almost anywhere, anytime. The one person I can count on to want to race no matter what I want to do.

Honestly though all of my best experiences online are on Xbox, there have been a few on GT5, for a little while I was enjoying the Nascar racing in GT5 but that got old pretty quick, ran Nurburgring quite a bit and rather enjoyed the go karts but early on the online options were rather lacking and by the time they added features I had moved on.

Now that I did not go the FM5 route I guess I will be playing GT6 after the features get added and hopefully can have some good experiences online in GT6 and maybe meet a few cool GT players that like to race as I do. So far it has just been a few Xbox buddies racing with me who also did not opt to get the XBone and FM5

Yup, it was fun trying my Viper GTS out in the rain. It was like ice skating with it gliding across the tarmac. :D

The best racing I've had on GT6 is McClarenDesign's Car of the Week races because most of the people that take part in are really close in skill and there are some fast racers and it competitive. I've had some close races with people from that group and it's fun trying different cars that you wouldn't think to buy and just drive them. One of the Car of the Week that I enjoyed was the Alpine 1600 races.

Latest Posts

Back