McLaren Sports Series: 570S and Gran Turismo

• Thread starter Brutaka
  • 198 comments
United States
Chicago
Brutaka_GT
http://www.inautonews.com/mclaren-p...=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#.U0Uzk6hX-ub

McLaren are close to unveiling the McLaren "P13" model. This model plans to be an entry level sports car that goes against vehicles such has the Porsche 911. Notice that P"13" may not be its final name as this is a codename setup for McLaren roadcars. It is set up for a mid to late 2015 launch.

I personally believe that it looks too much like the 12C but I have yet to see the full,complete car so i can't make many judgments.

I personally believe that it looks too much like the 12C but I have yet to see the full,complete car so i can't make many judgments.

That is cause it's a test mule. The body is 12C but the engine and chassis are the P13.
I don't like it will come out till 2016, they just released 650S and it's back ordered more then 6 months.

http://www.inautonews.com/mclaren-p...=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#.U0Uzk6hX-ub

McLaren are close to unveiling the McLaren "P13" model. This model plans to be an entry level sports car that goes against vehicles such has the Porsche 911. Notice that P"13" may not be its final name as this is a codename setup for McLaren roadcars. It is set up for a mid to late 2015 launch.

Looks like it's going to be pretty cool.
It's funny to see how McLaren went from an F1 team that had a dream, now to a real, sports car company, made in a factory. It's not a bad thing, but it's cool to see progression.

So this P13 has around 450-500 hp? I like the idea of that. I'm anticipating this car will replace the 12C in the FIA GT3 fields since it wont have to be restricted like it's big brother, therefore being able to use all the power it came with when it rolled of the showroom floor.Though I'm just speculating; but the power restriction in sports car racing bothers me and sports cars in general are getting faster and faster, but you know what they say HP sells.

i dont like how they said it will be similar to 650S. Come on Mclaren, you guys made the P1 which has a great front fascia but dont put it in different cars and call them new

I'm entertained that a 911 is "entry-level". Maybe it's entry level if you're earning a couple hundred grand a year.

When I think entry level sports car, I think MX5, S2000, 370Z, BRZ/GT86. If McLaren brought out a sports car for ~$50k I would buy one in a heartbeat, regardless of how many organs I would have to sell. Or just go all Breaking Bad and make meth, I wouldn't care.

McLaren reveal new details on the "P13"
mclaren-p13_2.jpg

AutoCar
McLaren’s P13 sports car – set to be unveiled at next spring’s Geneva show with a price tag of £125,000 – will be much the same size as the £195,000 650S.

Like the 650S, it will be a mid-engined two-seater and, because it uses a modified version of the pricier car’s carbonfibre tub, similar in size.

But according to McLaren boss Mike Flewitt, it will be more practical. “It’s got to be usable, with easy ingress and egress and good storage on board,” he said.

To this end, the tub’s sills will be modified to ease access. The P13 won’t look vastly different from the 650S, because it shares the same layout. Flewitt said: “It’s difficult to style mid-engined cars to look different, not least for cooling reasons.”

Of its character, he said: “The P13 will be a very engaging car to drive. It will be fun but safe”, with unintimidating handling.

The P13 features a detuned version of the 650S’s 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8. It should deliver a 0-62mph of about 4.0sec – about a second slower than the 650S – and a top speed of 185mph rather than 207mph.

Flewitt sees the P13’s main rivals as the Porsche 911 Turbo S and GT3, the Audi R8 V10 and the Ferrari California. It will go on sale in September 2015, with a name other than P13
AutoCar

I'm a little disappointed with this news, I was hoping that would use a different carbon fiber tub and at least itwould looked a little different 12C/650S. I really wished it had a different engine it in, then just having the detune 3.8L twin turbo V8. Wonder how much it will cost to have it retune to get 650S numbers out of the engine?

That air duct thingy in the front ruins the entire car, however I see this becoming a GT3 or GT4 car.

Entry level sports car? Give us a break. Call it what it is: young rapper accessible sports car.

I'm a little disappointed with this news, I was hoping that would use a different carbon fiber tub and at least itwould looked a little different 12C/650S. I really wished it had a different engine it in, then just having the detune 3.8L twin turbo V8. Wonder how much it will cost to have it retune to get 650S numbers out of the engine?

I understand your disappointment, but I imagine that the business case for this would be really hard to close if they had to do significant development to change the tub and engine and still have it be priced as an "entry-level" sports car.

I'm entertained that a 911 is "entry-level". Maybe it's entry level if you're earning a couple hundred grand a year.

When I think entry level sports car, I think MX5, S2000, 370Z, BRZ/GT86. If McLaren brought out a sports car for ~$50k I would buy one in a heartbeat, regardless of how many organs I would have to sell. Or just go all Breaking Bad and make meth, I wouldn't care.
I'll help you in that little crusade.

Works for Porsche and Aston Martin, so why not?

But Porsche and Aston do atleast have subtle differences, I see your point but I already really hate how the 650 looks since it looks like 2 cars bolted together.

Its been designed in a wind tunnel using science for the most part, so it's no surprise it looks similar.

Pretty sure that's a render by Autocar, although I'm fairly certain that there will be some similarities to the P1/650S in the front.

But Porsche and Aston do atleast have subtle differences, I see your point but I already really hate how the 650 looks since it looks like 2 cars bolted together.
The differences between this render & the P1/650S already look more obvious than what Porsche does for most 911 models & certainly more than Aston Martin.

Yeah they look different and are just as wind tunnel designed. Might have lower overall drag too.

Porsche's look pretty much the same as eachother, in much the same way McLarens look pretty much the same as eachother.

Porsche's look pretty much the same as eachother, in much the same way McLarens look pretty much the same as eachother.
So then one could say that the styling that looks so similar was not dictated by wind tunnels, but was intentionally made similar.

Latest Posts

Back