McLaren Sports Series: 570S and Gran Turismo

• Thread starter Brutaka
  • 198 comments
So then one could say that the styling that looks so similar was not dictated by wind tunnels, but was intentionally made similar.

Being as I'm not a McLaren engineer and obviously have no internal links, going on how the MP4-12C was designed, the reason behind it's looks because of that and their belief that it is as good as it can be, why would it look any different if it has been engineered the same way, compared to manufacturers who get it wrong and their cars all looking different.

After seeing all the mclarens at goodwood the mclaren f1 is still the only mclaren I would buy if I had that amount of cash to spend.. I still to this day lust f that car

Being as I'm not a McLaren engineer and obviously have no internal links, going on how the MP4-12C was designed, the reason behind it's looks because of that and their belief that it is as good as it can be, why would it look any different if it has been engineered the same way, compared to manufacturers who get it wrong and their cars all looking different.
I'm sure it's one of the three arguments you've used.

All I want is for McLaren to make a sensibly-designed car. The 12C looks ridiculous, and the P1 looks even more ridiculous. The 650 looks like a cross between the two.

I believe they can fix this problem with the P13, all they have to do is get Gordon Murray. The F1 was beautiful.

I think the P1 looks amazingly perfect. If you look at the F1 and ignore all the legacy and history with it, it looks a bit...bland....imo

After seeing the p1 in person I was like mehhhhhhh! But I was truly spoilt for choice at goodwood and side by side its the F1 all the way... It's a mans car

Which manufacturers got it wrong? What is so special about McLaren's cars compared to everyone else? A quick look online puts them in the .34-.4 CD range, which is the norm. Some Corvettes and Porsches dip into the .2X range and the versions of the cars with higher dowfnorce still come in the .3's.

They all look like your average sports car to boot. There's a few conspicuously missing aero bits like covered wheels and a tapered rear end that would guarantee a lower drag coefficient.

I did not study aerodynamics, but always keep in mind that the reference area (A) is influencing drag resistence as much as Cd does.

B2T:
Going against the 911 seems to be popular now, but I would really love to see Mclaren go against the M3 instead :(

The P13/500S will official be called Sports Series

Scheduled to premiere on the world stage in the second quarter of 2015, McLaren has now confirmed that its latest model, previously referred to only by its internal codename ‘P13’, will be known as the McLaren Sports Series. It will join the range below the 650S, bringing McLaren credentials and exclusivity to the sportscar segment for the first time.

The McLaren Sports Series will be a pure McLaren, building on the credentials of the McLaren P1™ and 650S, bringing Formula 1™ technologies and know-how to a new segment for the brand. It will feature a carbon fibre chassis and mid-mounted V8 engine.

McLaren automotive

Last edited:
How on earth can Mclaren come up with such an unimaginative name?

The name is slightly disappointing for a while. Makes it sound like some racier version of one of their existing cars.

I prefer P13 to be honest. :lol:

McLaren-Sports-Series-1.jpg

It looks like a shortened P1 to me, mixed with the 12C. I'm not sure on the design, maybe i'll wait for the final product.

Back