GT7 Opening Soundtrack Wish list.

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 129 comments
United States
Chicago
fortbo
fortbo
The song I would like to have in the opening movie is Do or Die by 30 Seconds to Mars. What song would you want? Edit: If you have a suggestion please embed it as a video. Thanks.:gtpflag:

Last edited:
It would be nice to have a proper intro, Do or Die sounds pretty good, anything that isn't daily kaisho would do :/ (poker face)

Moon Over the Castle for me :D
It's a shame that gt6's moon over the castle was pretty much an Easter-egg, not the intro theme...
But in Europe and in the US we never had a moon over the castle intro anyway, the closest we ever got was GT4 where we had that voice singing when the Ford GT LM is on screen, other than that it's basically been alternative rock stuff, GT3, GT4, GT5 spec 1...

I'm honestly tired of these "cinematic intro's" from GT5 spec 2 and GT6, so much I had to turn GT5 intro off... I miss the old intros like GT3, or GT4... Someone mail a proper music link to Kaz :bowdown:

I'm honestly tired of these "cinematic intro's" from GT5 spec 2 and GT6, so much I had to turn GT5 intro off... I miss the old intros like GT3, or GT4... Someone mail a proper music link to Kaz :bowdown:

Are they really that different? All the intros are really similar in that each start with either live action clips or something outside of the game engine, and then it's all stylized in-game shots. What I can't stand is the decision lately to start with a classical piece and segue into alt rock. It's really jarring and doesn't mesh at all. GT1 and 2 still had the best intro for the choice of song, and I'm not talking about Moon Over the Castle. The NA versions with Everything Must Go and the un-remixed My Favourite Game were incredible.

Are they really that different? All the intros are really similar in that each start with either live action clips or something outside of the game engine, and then it's all stylized in-game shots. What I can't stand is the decision lately to start with a classical piece and segue into alt rock. It's really jarring and doesn't mesh at all. GT1 and 2 still had the best intro for the choice of song, and I'm not talking about Moon Over the Castle. The NA versions with Everything Must Go and the un-remixed My Favourite Game were incredible.
Exactly, the whole classic music followed by a daiki kaisho music is very anoying, to say the least, GT4 kinda started this trend, but at least it had a choir version of motc which lasted about 25 seconds and was followed by a remix of one of Kasabian's songs, not a 6 minute video about building a Prius or about the Senna institute (which with all respect for Senna, neither have anything to do with a racing game for crying out loud) and followed by on of Daiki Kaisho's song (what is his style anyway? Punk Dance?) This is going way off topic, but the game is made for the Japanese market only, and these ****ing soundtracks on both GT5 and GT6 only emphasize it, GT5P was the last GT with good soundtrack

I like this thread. Shame it's died down.

It'll probably be Daiki Kasho again. Not that I mind, I think Daiki Kasho best fits the speedy bits of the openings. I have to disagree with what everyone has said about the contrast between the Classic intro to the Heavier Kasho stuff. If you haven't noticed, the versions of "5oul" and "All My Life" are different in game than they are in the opening. They're remixed to better fit as an opening, with different instrumentals, vocals, and mixing. Both of the remixes start off slow or with at least a bit of build up to lead into the song proper. This makes the transition from the Classical bits into the Kasho bits much smoother, and not at all as sharp as you think it is. It's not fair to say that Daiki Kasho's music is a jarring contrast to the classic piano opening, but when MCR did the same thing, people didn't care. I'd like to say something like "Oh, I prefer Moon over the Castle" but that's just not true for me. Daiki Kasho as well as Jonathan Underdown and Ray Hikari are great musicians and their style of music perfectly set up the game. Also, why did nobody say anything about Choral version of MOTC to Panama by VAN HALEN? Let's be honest, THAT was a WAY sharper contrast than anything GT5 or GT6 did (Don't get me wrong, it was still pretty great). Heck, even the main bits of MOTC are pretty heavy compared to its softer parts (dating all the way back to GT1).

I like this thread. Shame it's died down.

It'll probably be Daiki Kasho again. Not that I mind, I think Daiki Kasho best fits the speedy bits of the openings. I have to disagree with what everyone has said about the contrast between the Classic intro to the Heavier Kasho stuff. If you haven't noticed, the versions of "5oul" and "All My Life" are different in game than they are in the opening. They're remixed to better fit as an opening, with different instrumentals, vocals, and mixing. Both of the remixes start off slow or with at least a bit of build up to lead into the song proper. This makes the transition from the Classical bits into the Kasho bits much smoother, and not at all as sharp as you think it is. It's not fair to say that Daiki Kasho's music is a jarring contrast to the classic piano opening, but when MCR did the same thing, people didn't care. I'd like to say something like "Oh, I prefer Moon over the Castle" but that's just not true for me. Daiki Kasho as well as Jonathan Underdown and Ray Hikari are great musicians and their style of music perfectly set up the game. Also, why did nobody say anything about Choral version of MOTC to Panama by VAN HALEN? Let's be honest, THAT was a WAY sharper contrast than anything GT5 or GT6 did (Don't get me wrong, it was still pretty great). Heck, even the main bits of MOTC are pretty heavy compared to its softer parts (dating all the way back to GT1).

Pretty much this. I can't see Kaz getting rid of Daiki now since he seems to have taken a real liking to Daiki, having allowed him to have his own concert two years ago this month. Have people already forgotten about that?

And plus, I believe its cheaper to have someone create the music for the game and intro, rather than outright paying big bucks to license existing songs. I believe Evolution Studios are doing this for Driveclub; they hired some British electronic group to do the entire soundtrack for them.

To me, Daiki fits GT the most. Daiki IS GT. No one else, and I prefer it that way. Don't like him? Well, nothing is stopping you from using the custom soundtrack option. 'nuff said.

I'm hoping that Tom-H@ck would compose for the MOTC GT7 Theme. For those who don't know about him, he's responsible for composing some tracks of a popular anime series K-ON (I'm big fan of that series:) ) and he contributes 2 songs in GT6. Not sure about ONE OK ROCK.

"Ignition" by Paul Hartnoll from Orbital. Song is from WipEout Pure, but the name is synonymous with "start your engines", so it should be for GT7.

Last edited:
Even more appropriate than when I first suggested it a year ago, now that Zahara has dropped. The man with 6 fingers, and fastest guitarist in the world, Al DiMeola. Race with the Devil on a Spanish Highway.

With the theme of the game, and how inspiring their journey to the top is, they need a suitable song that speaks to your very soul.

Family Reunion by Blink 182.

I'm hoping that Tom-H@ck would compose for the MOTC GT7 Theme. For those who don't know about him, he's responsible for composing some tracks of a popular anime series K-ON (I'm big fan of that series:) ) and he contributes 2 songs in GT6. Not sure about ONE OK ROCK.

One of which can be found in this trailer ;):

Something which isn't 🤬 Daiki Kasho again. A GT intro should be as epic and unique as the opening title of a James Bond movie. It should have a different artist each time, and should feel fresh and exciting for each instalment. The intros for GT1 to 4 (PAL versions) were all brilliant. GT5 and 6 had pathetic intros for Polyphony Digital standards.

Anyway, I'm not here to bicker! I would actually love to hear an electro/dance song for the opening of GT7. Deadmau5 or Flylo comes to mind, but I have no song preference. 👍

Back