• Thread starter jeff6666p
  • 17 comments
Out-In-Out. There are quite a few corners where you turn in too soon:

0:28
0:35
0:40
0:49
0:59

As a result, you get an early apex and rather than accelerating out of the corner you'll have to brake out of the corner.

Find a great tune for the car, with a god gear setup...
Get a stearingwheel, you will have more precise and controlled stearing and breaking. And try gearing at the peak of the engine's power\torque, it is not always at the max rpm.

I also struggle with improve my times:dopey:

Can't tune it it's an event car

Don't hesitate on corners?

What do you mean?

As a result, you get an early apex and rather than accelerating out of the corner you'll have to brake out of the corner.

I'll give it a try on my next run

Last edited by a moderator:
Use more of the road... you'll be able to apex better if you enter from the absolute outside.

Like what eran said, I can tell you're turning in way too soon on a lot of corners, also braked too late for one of them.

Just brush up on your racing line and you'll be sweet.

I can't advise much on the specific car, I prefer road cars & road-legal rubber.

Use the whole track. Apart from turning in too early as others have mentioned, you don't appear to use the whole track. That is, corner entry should begin from the outside edge of the track on most corners, when possible, and end on the outside edge of the track. That's how you carry the most speed on corners, how you get a faster exit speed that carries the whole length of the straight.

Also, take a later apex. You turn in too early but you also try to apex the corner too early as well. Apex beyond the mid point of the corner for a faster exit and more speed on the straight.

late-apex-racing-line.gif

Last edited:

I got down to low 26 almost had a 25.8 but went of the course on the last turn. What can I do to lower it more?

Use the whole track. Apart from turning in too early as others have mentioned, you don't appear to use the whole track. That is, corner entry should begin from the outside edge of the track on most corners, when possible, and end on the outside edge of the track. That's how you carry the most speed on corners, how you get a faster exit speed that carries the whole length of the straight.

Also, take a later apex. You turn in too early but you also try to apex the corner too early as well. Apex beyond the mid point of the corner for a faster exit and more speed on the straight.

late-apex-racing-line.gif

Practice, practice and practice. Also try to follow the ghosts line.

Don't be afraid to push the car to the max so you get to use all of the track. :44 gas it earlier. Try to avoid braking multiple times before a turn.

I'm not the quickest guy in the world, but hopefully this will help.

You were way too early on the throttle before you had even started your lap. That corner requires a good exit to get a launch for the straight. You are also upshifting far too early. Try using manual.

T1: Turned in way too early. On throttle way too early. Try turning in later and waiting for the car to be straighter before hitting the loud button.

T2: Line on entry is completely wrong. The grass seems to upset the car a bit so try to avoid that.

T3: Again, turning in way too early. This compromises T4.

T4: Completely missed the apex. Also try running wide a bit more on exit, getting T3 right is vital to getting the line right for T4.

T5: Again, much of the same. Turning in far too early, missing the apex, and on the throttle too late on exit.

T6: Could have taken much more speed through there.

T7: Wasn't too bad that time. Could have been a bit closer to the apex however. That corner is vital.

T8: This is a kink. Should have been fine to run onto the kerb fully here.

T9-10: Perhaps could have attacked the kerbs a bit more, meaning you can get on the throttle a bit later.

T11: In too early again. Avoid the kerb as that will upset the car and compromise your line.

If all else fails, try using the virtual racing line.

Are you using the single player time trial (arcade mode)? If not use it and start with grippy tyres - maybe Sports Soft. Do 5 laps save your best lap, switch down a grade in tyre and chase your ghost until you can beat it on a lower grade tyre. Repeat several times then go back to your original tyre - you should by now have learned the best lines and gained a lot of time.

Use the tips others have given and practice, practice, practice! Watch the record time and see what they do to shave off time then try to replicate what the've done. Good luck!

Also what event is that?

That one he actually got kind of right, out-in-out does not work with this car there.
I'm not the quickest guy in the world, but hopefully this will help.

You were way too early on the throttle before you had even started your lap. That corner requires a good exit to get a launch for the straight. You are also upshifting far too early. Try using manual.

T1: Turned in way too early. On throttle way too early. Try turning in later and waiting for the car to be straighter before hitting the loud button.

T2: Line on entry is completely wrong. The grass seems to upset the car a bit so try to avoid that.

T3: Again, turning in way too early. This compromises T4.

T4: Completely missed the apex. Also try running wide a bit more on exit, getting T3 right is vital to getting the line right for T4.

T5: Again, much of the same. Turning in far too early, missing the apex, and on the throttle too late on exit.

T6: Could have taken much more speed through there.

T7: Wasn't too bad that time. Could have been a bit closer to the apex however. That corner is vital.

T8: This is a kink. Should have been fine to run onto the kerb fully here.

T9-10: Perhaps could have attacked the kerbs a bit more, meaning you can get on the throttle a bit later.

T11: In too early again. Avoid the kerb as that will upset the car and compromise your line.

If all else fails, try using the virtual racing line.

Oh man, I know you mean well, but you are wrong on so many points here.
I bolded the parts that I believe is incorrect.
First of all, this car has its peak power quite low down in the powerband, optimum shiftpoint is around 6200rpm

Now:
T1 He was a bit early, yes but not that much to be honest, you're supposed to turn in early, rotate the car, and power out.

T2 The gras upsets the car but not so much that you should avoid it. Instead, use it to get extra rotation.

T3 Again, you're supposed to turn in earlier than usual. What he did wrong was to not slow down enough to get a tight exit to line up for T4

T4 You're right here, and he lost alot.

T5 this turn in this car is weird, you need to run wide, almost stop, rotate the car, and power straight out.

T6 Yes.

T7 Correct ;)

T8 Actually it hurts your speed to hit it, his line was perfect.

T9-10 you're right apart from the last thing, he's supposed to get on the throttle earlier. ;) And I also want to add that this time he did really turn in too early.

T11 Yes, youre right here too. and again its a corner where he lost ALOT.

@jeff6666p : Pay attention.

The apex is almost before the corner even started.
I admit he went a bit too wide, and did'nt get the car in for the 2'nd apex, but still, that is somewhat how you should tackle that corner, look at Mixi's lap and you'll see. ;)

That one he actually got kind of right, out-in-out does not work with this car there.

Oh man, I know you mean well, but you are wrong on so many points here.
I bolded the parts that I believe is incorrect.
First of all, this car has its peak power quite low down in the powerband, optimum shiftpoint is around 6200rpm

Now:
T1 He was a bit early, yes but not that much to be honest, you're supposed to turn in early, rotate the car, and power out.

T2 The gras upsets the car but not so much that you should avoid it. Instead, use it to get extra rotation.

T3 Again, you're supposed to turn in earlier than usual. What he did wrong was to not slow down enough to get a tight exit to line up for T4

T4 You're right here, and he lost alot.

T5 this turn in this car is weird, you need to run wide, almost stop, rotate the car, and power straight out.

T6 Yes.

T7 Correct ;)

T8 Actually it hurts your speed to hit it, his line was perfect.

T9-10 you're right apart from the last thing, he's supposed to get on the throttle earlier. ;) And I also want to add that this time he did really turn in too early.

T11 Yes, youre right here too. and again its a corner where he lost ALOT.

@jeff6666p : Pay attention.

I'll admit that I should have written 'earlier' where I wrote 'later'. Perhaps that was a typo. I still stand by my other points though.

Back