330 P4 or Mark IV?

  • Thread starter Thread starter McZachenF1138
  • 78 comments
  • 4,025 views

McZachenF1138

Out is the Daytona, in is the Stealth TT
Premium
Messages
2,153
United States
Pittsburgh, USA
Messages
sxezach
Grinded 20,000,000 Cr today for one of them. But I'm not sure which one to purchase.

I already know how the 330 P4 drives from the S-4 license test, but I don't know how the Mark IV drives.

Pros and cons of each for me?

Don't scrutinize me for not searching a similar question. Because I did.
And all I found were Marketplace threads for people wanting trades.
But if you give me a link to a thread dedicated to my purposed question, I do allow you to scrutinize me for not searching more/harder. >.<

The only reason why I ask to buy one of them today and not just grind out another 20,000,000 tomorrow for whichever of the two I don't buy today is because I won't be able to play GT5 enough in the next week or so to get that amount of money in a short time.
 
Well, I would absolutely say for you to get the Mark IV. I have one, and in my opinion, it's a lot better then P4. I nothing else to say.
Enjoy whichever you choice. :cheers:
 
I'd buy the 330 P4.
 
Get the Ferrari from a level 21 ticket, and buy the Ford. You can get the Ford from a 1966 ticket, but that's a lot harder to find, and level 21's aren't hard to come by in the Marketplace. Hope it helps 👍.
 
CAMjhr
Get the Ferrari from a level 21 ticket, and buy the Ford. You can get the Ford from a 1966 ticket, but that's a lot harder to find, and level 21's aren't hard to come by in the Marketplace. Hope it helps 👍.

Its a 67 ticket. Get both cars from that.
 
andy54321
Its a 67 ticket. Get both cars from that.

Whoops! I was thinking about the Jaguar XJ13 being from 1966, not the Ford, please excuse me OP. Thanks andy 👍.
 
At OP. Try obtain a '67 ticket or 2. And save the 20 million.
 
The Mark IV is a great sounding machine.


I did enjoy driving the Ferrari.

As mentioned snag a ticket. :). I have level 21 tickets btw. Pm me
 
Yeah, but there's no guarantee I'll get either car with one of those tickets.
 
McZachenF138
Yeah, but there's no guarantee I'll get either car with one of those tickets.

Back up save game first.
 
McZachenF138
Yeah, but there's no guarantee I'll get either car with one of those tickets.

You'll most likely get them in less time than it takes to earn twenty million credits.

And yes, you will have to dupe the ticket to receive both cars, as Andy said.
 
I'm sorry, but I don't know how to duplicate cars and/or tickets.
I just grind out credits, and only buy the car(s) I want to drive.
I mean, I do all the Seasonals and have completed the A-Spec challenges all the way through Extreme and have done the Indy 500, but other than that, I really don't do anything special with GT5.

Someone care to explain how to do this or link me to a thread that will?
 
Do you have a flash drive? You'll need that first off. If you do, you receive the ticket whenever you get it, quit the game once it has saved, go to Saved Data Utility in the XMB (3 spots above choosing Gran Turismo 5 to begin playing), hit the triangle button on your controller once you find the GT5 save game, hit "Copy," and put it on the USB drive. Then you go back into the game and open the ticket, and if you don't get the car you desire, exit out of the game and load the save game off of the USB and you'll still have your ticket 👍.
 
Do you have a flash drive? You'll need that first off. If you do, you receive the ticket whenever you get it

What do you mean by it?
I get a ticket for having a flashdrive? Surely that can't be what you meant.
I already have a flashdrive by the way and I backed up my saved data.
 
By it, I meant ticket. Do you already have a 1967 ticket? If not, you'll have to trade for one, or two if you don't have two PSN accounts.
 
No, I only have one PSN account.
How does someone acquire a 1967 ticket in their own? Without trading and such.
 
McZachenF138
No, I only have one PSN account.
How does someone acquire a 1967 ticket in their own? Without trading and such.

Unless you were born in 1967, you can't :( I'm sorry. If you do happen to have a 1967 birthdate, you'll get one on your birthday. But otherwise you'll have to trade for one, I'm sorry.
 
Okay, because I thought PD patched that birthday loophole a while ago.
 
To me the P4, Jag XJ13 and Mark IV are ALL the same.
 
You could always create a new user and account on ps3 for todays date. 15/07/1967

Add your main as a friend and send the bday ticket.
 
You could always create a new user and account on ps3 for todays date. 15/07/1967

Add your main as a friend and send the bday ticket.

I thought PD patched that though?
 
McZachenF138
I thought PD patched that though?

I still do it. They can't of done lol.
 
McZachenF138
I thought PD patched that though?

No, you can still do that, I just figured you didn't want to make another account since you hadn't already. That will still work.
 
CAMjhr
No, you can still do that, I just figured you didn't want to make another account since you hadn't already. That will still work.

Beats setting up a trade lol.
 
No, you can still do that, I just figured you didn't want to make another account since you hadn't already. That will still work.

Oh no, I don't care if I have to make another account.
.....so long as I somehow don't have to delete my current one.
 
McZachenF138
Oh no, I don't care if I have to make another account.
.....so long as I somehow don't have to delete my current one.

You wont loose it. Ive done this around 5 times. Its safe.
 
Yeah you'll have no problems, and you'll have the account you need to dupe your ticket so you won't have to trade for two. It's a win-win 👍.
 
CAMjhr
Yeah you'll have no problems, and you'll have the account you need to dupe your ticket so you won't have to trade for two. It's a win-win 👍.

You could have as many 67 tickets you want. :) 1 a day of course.
 
Alright, so I made my secondary account with today's date 1967.
I have not started GT5 yet, what should I do (if anything) after or before I start the game?
 
McZachenF138
Alright, so I made my secondary account with today's date 1967.
I have not started GT5 yet, what should I do (if anything) after or before I start the game?

Nothing, just make sure your two accounts are friends, and send the ticket to your main account after you back up the save game of your new account 👍.
 
Back