330 P4 or Mark IV?

  • Thread starter Thread starter McZachenF1138
  • 78 comments
  • 4,025 views
Right, but the next reset isn't till 7 or 8pm your time depending on your time zone. It isn't at midnight as you are expecting.

Oh well, I'll just wait until tomorrow.
 
His time is my time, and reset is 8 PM. So McZachen, you can try again at 8 PM tonight 👍.
 
Both... duh.
 
His time is my time, and reset is 8 PM. So McZachen, you can try again at 8 PM tonight 👍.

Did your time change when daylight savings hit? I swear the reset used to be 6pm. The USA the only ones that do the whole daylight savings thing?
 
BryCivicSi
Did your time change when daylight savings hit? I swear the reset used to be 6pm. The USA the only ones that do the whole daylight savings thing?

Yes, it changes here, but GMT doesn't change at daylight savings so our reset time changed.
 
His time is my time, and reset is 8 PM. So McZachen, you can try again at 8 PM tonight 👍.

You mean tomorrow, because it's still the 14th.
I started this whole thread after 8, and I made a mistake in the process, so I'll have to wait until 8PM tomorrow to try again.
 
My advice... Get a second flash drive for the secondary account.

You can only have one GT5 save on a flash drive at one time, regardless of the account it is for. So, use one for the main, and one for the alt/duping account.

This way you won't have to worry about corrupting your play-account (main).
 
My advice... Get a second flash drive for the secondary account.

You can only have one GT5 save on a flash drive at one time, regardless of the account it is for. So, use one for the main, and one for the alt/duping account.

This way you won't have to worry about corrupting your play-account (main).

That sounds like a marvelous idea!
I keep having to rename my primary and secondary accounts with my computer so my PS3 will recognise my desired backup.
I do have another flashdrive laying around the house somewhere...
...but I don't know where it is. :(
 
So much hassle to get two cars...Why did PD implement a trading limit!

EDIT: I've got a 330 P4, and I'll use my 1967 ticket to get a Mark IV. I got the 330 P4 from a 1967 ticket as well.
 
Ferrari_1996
So much hassle to get two cars...Why did PD implement a trading limit!

Because some people were getting scammed; they would buy X2010's from eBay, or be sending cars worth 10's of millions for a single "rare" car.

I fully agree with the limit being far too harsh!
But now there's no going back.
If they allowed for a PS3 to send a car for every single account, then Traders would just make 50 accounts, and send 1 car from each.

Regardless of trading limit or not, there is a fundamental flaw with the design of the game, which hasn't been fixed by this limit.
 
thepineapple1
Because some people were getting scammed; they would buy X2010's from eBay, or be sending cars worth 10's of millions for a single "rare" car.

I fully agree with the limit being far too harsh!
But now there's no going back.
If they allowed for a PS3 to send a car for every single account, then Traders would just make 50 accounts, and send 1 car from each.

Regardless of trading limit or not, there is a fundamental flaw with the design of the game, which hasn't been fixed by this limit.

Unique VIN numbers would solve the issue. ;) basically you have duplicate VIN's then you cheat.

However it's a game and if playing unconventional gets you the satisfaction and fun you desire. Then so be it.
 
To the OP, since you have figured out how to dupe, this may not mean much to you, but I prefer the Ford of those two.

FYI, I duped to get the Ford and earned the credits to buy the P4, and even though the P4 is more rewarding , since I earned it, the Ford, to me, is a better car to drive IMO.
 
To the OP, since you have figured out how to dupe, this may not mean much to you, but I prefer the Ford of those two.

FYI, I duped to get the Ford and earned the credits to buy the P4, and even though the P4 is more rewarding , since I earned it, the Ford, to me, is a better car to drive IMO.

I had backed-up my save right after I got 20,000,000. So since I didn't get a chance this evening after the gift-to-friend-reset-time to try to gift my 1967 ticket to my primary account, I just bought the Ford and tested it. Then I reloaded my save and bought the P4.

I'm not sure which I like better though. :S
 
Last edited:
or you could get a miura...

I have a Miura. :)
I'm proud to say I earned it too. As the same with my Alfa Romeo TZ2 ZAGATO. :sly:
 
Ford IV Race car every time over the Ferrari. As a none duper i purchased mine and it was worth every cent. More special too than opening a ticket.
 
How to dupe guide

Follow this guide to get what you want from the tickets. It is very easy to go wrong and lose your data so back it up to your computer not just on your usb drive.
Also the file name on the drive needs to be just PS3 so it's easy to mix up your accounts. I found it wouldn't recognize the data when I called the accounts PS31, PS32 etc.
After grinding for the Ferrari, Zagato, F10 and all the other multi million credit cars I could get, I broke and duped the XJ13 and a few other cars. :guilty:
 
Back