2015 Pirelli Hungarian Grand Prix

United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
After a 3 week break, the F1 circus returns to Hungary, the now traditional stop before the summer break. However there will only be one thing on the minds of everyone. The sad passing of Jules Bianchi, a young talented driver with so much promise ahead of him. In light of the FIA confirming that the number 17 will be retired in honour of his memory, I'm sure there will be many fitting tributes from drivers, teams and fans. This will be emotional.

hungaroring_2010.jpg

Event date: 24-26 July 2015

Number of Laps: 70
Circuit Length: 4.381 km (2.722 mi)
Race Distance: 306.630 km (190.539 mi)
Lap Record: Michael Schumacher - 1:19.071

2014 Podium:
1st - Daniel Ricciardo - Red Bull
2nd - Fernando Alonso - Ferrari
3rd - Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes

I'm interested in seeing if honda has indeed managed to finally get to grips with their reliability issues and started to crank up the power.

I'm interested in seeing if honda has indeed managed to finally get to grips with their reliability issues and started to crank up the power.
Their next round of updates is coming at Spa, when they will actually need it. Budapest suits the car more because it's not a power-heavy circuit.

All the teams have their own little tribute to Jules on their cars whether it be on a sidepod, nose or rear wing. The paddock is incredibly sombre, including the coverage so far, which is appropriate given what has occurred in the past week.

Sorry for the double post, but the Red Flag is out after Sergio Perez has rolled his car. Slid on the astro turf, and hit a rutt or the ripplestrip to flip the car.

Looks like a suspension failure on the right-rear which snapped him into a spin; the car has gone nose-first into the armco and the front-left suspension failed, but the car still had momentum and pitched into a roll when it went over the loose tyre.

I just saw Perez's interview, he was taking the blame for the crash at the time the BBC got hold of him, obviously hadn't spoken to the team.

_84464261_formula1.jpg

And here's Raikkonnen's nose getting out of joint;

_84463631_raikkonen.jpg

Quite a lot of oversteer this session. Looks like Rosberg is struggling to find a really balanced setup, seems to be struggling with tail wagging on corner entry.

Red Bull (so far) looking like serious contenders for best-of-the-rest, Hamilton apparently dominant over Rosberg in the Silver Arrows. It remains to be seen how the IRBR engine holds up though, cooling isn't its strong point and it's very hot in Hungary.

Replay of the crash: (with a crapload of copyright filter avoiders I might add :lol:)

The right front and rear wheels dug into the dirt and caused the flip. What people have also missed is the hard hit he made with the Armco barrier.

Last edited:
I've always said this was Hamilton's strongest track, it will probably take a DNF or something going badly wrong in qualifying to stop him from coasting to victory.

I've always said this was Hamilton's strongest track, it will probably take a DNF or something going badly wrong in qualifying to stop him from coasting to victory.

Or serious tire degradation. If the heat remains like this on race day it could be advantage Ferrari. Granted they manage to find a fast setup for this track.

Or serious tire degradation. If the heat remains like this on race day it could be advantage Ferrari. Granted they manage to find a fast setup for this track.
I remember Lotus having better race pace in the past here but he held them off because they couldn't close up in the dirty air.

Latest Posts

Back