2015 Pirelli Hungarian Grand Prix

I bet Alonso and his lawyers will comb over his contract to see if having to push his own car due to unreliability is a breach of contract :sly:

But seriously, this is quit stupid at this point @Sharky probably put it best, but I must say even the worst expectation of last year (E22 and RB10 due to Renault) and even this year's Renault which isn't excusable due to a year of experience, are far better than the Honda. And that's the sad part, they had more time to develop in house for this and they can't even guarantee their driver can complete a 10 minute Q session...

I bet Alonso and his lawyers will comb over his contract to see if having to push his own car due to unreliability is a breach of contract :sly:

But seriously, this is quit stupid at this point @Sharky probably put it best, but I must say even the worst expectation of last year (E22 and RB10 due to Renault) and even this year's Renault which isn't excusable due to a year of experience, are far better than the Honda. And that's the sad part, they had more time to develop in house for this and they can't even guarantee their driver can complete a 10 minute Q session...

Honda's first year back, the engine didn't have much testing in the McLaren chassis before the season started. Going into the first race, it was like going in blind but sadly they haven't been able to sort out the problem, plus being low on power isn't going to help matters. 2016 will be a different story though. you watch and see.

Shame Daniel just missed out on third and Lewis missing out on getting into the 1:21's.

McLaren seemed quite decent in the corners so quite promising in the future if Honda can make a decent step in reliability and power. Hopefully it is as soon as next race they make a decent improvement.
No, they wouldn't. They talk him down at every opportunity.
I personally think they talk Nico Rosberg up a lot. Anyway team battle in qualifying is 9-1 to Lewis and 6-3 in race results. I can't imagine how much more they would talk him up if the results were the other way around.

No comment on that. We don't get Sky.
Well, you can kind of give them the benefit of the doubt; Rosberg was clearly struggling. But if you watch the GP2 events, which don't have the prestige of Formula 1, the bias really shows itself. One of the British drivers made a pretty foolhardy dive down the inside, and the commentators went ballistic about how it was such a daring and audacious and brilliant move. But when one of the other drivers did it, the commentators either ignored it, wrote it off as reckless, or attributed it to relative grip which effectively marginalised it. I know that I keep going on about it, but it's a constant problem to the point where it ruins the racing.

I personally think they talk Nico Rosberg up a lot. Anyway team battle in qualifying is 9-1 to Lewis and 6-3 in race results. I can't imagine how much more they would talk him up if the results were the other way around.

I think part of it is that they have to make it seem like it's anybody's race. Clearly it isn't. On balance you'd expect Hamilton to win, at least on the strength of the stats, so they talk up the only possible contender.

Or you could simply do what everyone else does: Watch with live timing on and volume at a minimum. I never pay attention to a single commentary stream... I like to watch/read several at the same time.

Or you could simply do what everyone else does: Watch with live timing on and volume at a minimum. I never pay attention to a single commentary stream... I like to watch/read several at the same time.

It's worth keeping half-an-ear on a commentary stream if you can, it helps find out what teams are saying in the pit-lane and gives you the benefit of driver transmissions. Still, I like to read several update sources at once and only pay attention to the commentary when my brain-alert tells me something interesting's happening.

Honda's first year back, the engine didn't have much testing in the McLaren chassis before the season started. Going into the first race, it was like going in blind but sadly they haven't been able to sort out the problem, plus being low on power isn't going to help matters. 2016 will be a different story though. you watch and see.

The power issue is their own fault, they're not all that low, they just refuse to bump it up due to the issues as previously suggested. The fact that other teams had an engine with not nearly as many issues (even the Renault) and without any testing other than winter testing last year (compare 2014 first runners to Honda) and you begin to see little to no excuse for such a massive issue.

2016 wont be unless Honda get the FIA to work the way they're trying to in the press, and that is one of a group that doesn't have confidence in the fixes they'll bring over the remainder of the season.

Well, you can kind of give them the benefit of the doubt; Rosberg was clearly struggling. But if you watch the GP2 events, which don't have the prestige of Formula 1, the bias really shows itself. One of the British drivers made a pretty foolhardy dive down the inside, and the commentators went ballistic about how it was such a daring and audacious and brilliant move. But when one of the other drivers did it, the commentators either ignored it, wrote it off as reckless, or attributed it to relative grip which effectively marginalised it. I know that I keep going on about it, but it's a constant problem to the point where it ruins the racing.
GP2 commentary is provided by GP2, not Sky.
Will Buxton was not a Sky employee, and this new guy, who is a bit rubbish, is also not a Sky employee. And we all know your thoughts on the summeriser...

You can shut up about it now. We all know your opinion on Sky, Hamilton etc, and you are constantly going on about it and derailing threads with your comments.

F1 being the pinnacle of motorsport, one would expect engine manufacturers to at least prepare.

Anyone catch the GP2 race? Was quite a stir. Seemed like every few laps the order was changing, and people were jumping through the field! Probably the best GP2 race I've seen all year. 👍

Rules is rules, unfortunately, crazy as the situation is.

EDIT: It's going to be even worse next year, I read.

🤬:banghead: That must be a parody I read, I refuse to believe things would go that backwards!

That must be a parody I read...

You'd think so, wouldn't you? I don't see why new engine manufacturers would want to join F1 as it is right now, nor do I see why existing manufacturers would feel the urge to continue if they're struggling. I'm thinking of Renault particularly.

A cynic might say that Ferrari and Mercedes would like to shore up their budgets with as many F1 engine sale as possible. The fewer competitors the better, of course...

You can shut up about it now. We all know your opinion on Sky, Hamilton etc, and you are constantly going on about it and derailing threads with your comments.
That's the point. This is exactly what watching races is like. Every. Single. Time. If you're getting frustrated, well, now you know how I feel.

And if Australian's were running the commentary, all you'd hear about is how great Daniel Ricciardo is. Actually, that does happen, Australian Media outlets hail Ricciardo and how he can never be in the wrong and it seems you don't have a problem with that.

It's not even that bad, a slight favoritism maybe but there is not in anyway blind fanboy going on, as said above it's basically natural for a country to favour their own drivers in a world sport, keep in mind the world feed is based in the country where there is the most interest and is exclusively British in people.

No secret Brundle thinks Hamilton is faster then Rosberg though but if you use your eyes it seems as though he is just saying it how it is.

Back in the ITV Days Brundle was pretty much the only one that kept it neutral despite the James Allen nonsense with Hamilton saying Senna Esque this and that, but what do you expect from a British Commentry team based in Britain on a British TV Channel.

And if Australian's were running the commentary, all you'd hear about is how great Daniel Ricciardo is. Actually, that does happen, Australian Media outlets hail Ricciardo and how he can never be in the wrong and it seems you don't have a problem with that.
Maybe in promotional material, but for the most part, what I have seen on commercial networks after the race is actually pretty neutral. I don't watch the races on free-to-air, though.

That is because Our coverage basically is just a copy paste of Skysports with no Australian Material added on.

Channel 10 on the other hand has always had a massive Australian Bias for years when it has hosted the races.

Yes, but they never tried to commentate (until recently - their horrendous coverage of the Australian Grand Prix is what convinced me to go to FOXTEL). I could always switch over five minutes before the race began when the BBC/Sky commentary picked up to skip the Australian pre-show, and turn it off after the race to miss the post-race "analysis". At worst, there would be a bit of guff bookending the commercial breaks.

It wasn't until Sky picked up the broadcast that the pro-Hamilton bias emerged. And I just think that it is extremely unprofessional of Sky to allow it, given that they supply the world feed, and that many terrestrial broadcasters use their commentary. I appreciate that there is a British audience out there and that sometimes you have to give the audience what they want. But there comes a point where that devolves to misrepresentation. Even the introduction sequence is blatantly biased, showing the gratuitous slow-motion replay of the Hamilton-Rosberg contact at Spa last year with Hamilton's voice shouting "Nico hit me! Nico's hit me!", which casts Hamilton as the hero and Rosberg as the villain and removes any sort of context that would allow the audience to come to this conclusion independently.

Maybe in promotional material, but for the most part, what I have seen on commercial networks after the race is actually pretty neutral. I don't watch the races on free-to-air, though.
Neither do I, but the general consensus from news outlets and even Fox Sports, is that Ricciardo can't do anything wrong. It's just a matter of patriotism, if it was a German network broadcasting the race, they'd probably be favouring the German racers, if it was Venezuelan, they'd probably be favouring Maldonado.

And it's not like Sky only focuses on the one British driver. Button and Stevens get a fair bit of praise as well, so it's not just the Hamilton show.

At least you guys only have a slight bias. Once Haas Formula joins F1, our TV coverage here in the states will be infested with the team no matter how good or bad they are.

Anyone catch the GP2 race? Was quite a stir. Seemed like every few laps the order was changing, and people were jumping through the field! Probably the best GP2 race I've seen all year. 👍

🤬:banghead: That must be a parody I read, I refuse to believe things would go that backwards!

...oh are you talking of some other motorsport that isn't let's call it for just example Formula One and run by some governing body by the name (which I have randomly come up with) of the FIA.

Cause if so then yeah...that refusal works out quite well. Then there is reality sadly for all of us fans.

Neither do I, but the general consensus from news outlets and even Fox Sports, is that Ricciardo can't do anything wrong. It's just a matter of patriotism, if it was a German network broadcasting the race, they'd probably be favouring the German racers, if it was Venezuelan, they'd probably be favouring Maldonado.

And it's not like Sky only focuses on the one British driver. Button and Stevens get a fair bit of praise as well, so it's not just the Hamilton show.
Stevens beats Merhi by .5: "Wow, Stevens was way ahead of his teamate today!"
Merhi beats Stevens by .5: "Merhi just pips than Stevens for 19th"
British commentators are always pretty nationalistic though.

Edit: They do a pretty good job of talking Rosberg up though, I can't stand Hamilton but he's a way better driver. They do a decent job of making it seem like Nico has a chance.

Stevens beats Merhi by .5: "Wow, Stevens was way ahead of his teamate today!"
Merhi beats Stevens by .5: "Merhi just pips than Stevens for 19th"
British commentators are always pretty nationalistic though.

Good thing the American commentators aren't American.

Back