Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
I thought that we needed a thread for these. Whenever there's news or maybe some race discussion, we don't really have a place to put it. The "other" GT class thread is largely dominated by GT3 and everything else just get's lost in the mix. Sometimes these smaller series are just worth talking about as they more often than not produce some of the closest finishes out there.

Racing series for discussion:
  • Continental Tires SportsCar Challenge
  • Pirelli World Championships (GTS & Touring Classes)
  • World wide Trofeo racing (Fiat 500, Micra Cup, etc)
  • SCCA & NASA regional racing (Auto-x, Spec racing)
  • etc, etc.

ctscc.jpg

Not exactly. The series he is reffering to have cars that are much closer to their showroom models then the Touring cars you mention as they have much tighter restrictions. There's also some spec series as well.

A touring car isn't a GT car. Production TCs, silhouettes, it's all discussed in the General TC thread.

hsv
A touring car isn't a GT car. Production TCs, silhouettes, it's all discussed in the General TC thread.
That's more of a BTCC, WTCC thread and is dominated by those series. No reason to discuss CTSCC GS class here and then separate the TC class into another thread.

That's more of a BTCC, WTCC thread and is dominated by those series. No reason to discuss CTSCC GS class here and then separate the TC class into another thread.
BTCC hasn't been discussed in there for a good number of years because it has its own thread, WTCC is barely brought up. It's mostly used for TCR and STCC, and recently some more minor series. Just because it hasn't been discussed in there before doesn't mean it warrants being dumped in a GT thread, it more likely indicates that there isn't really much to talk about regarding a lot of production TC series - there's already a suitable thread for it. The rest of the stuff is fine, but again, it seems a bit too specific.

Just in my opinion, for a much less confusing thread that doesn't cross lots of individual random series, it would be much better to rename this a general sportscar/club racing thread. The former incorporates the likes of CTSCC, PWC, SPEED Euroseries, Britcar and one-make series, and the latter has every national SCCA/MSA series that doesn't quite fit into any other category.

Personally I love the Aston GT4 with that rear wing in PWC GTS, looks so good. :drool: Same goes for the Camaro.

Wish the PWC was easier to find and watch... :indiff:

Personally I love the Aston GT4 with that rear wing in PWC GTS, looks so good. :drool: Same goes for the Camaro.

Wish the PWC was easier to find and watch... :indiff:
I know right!!! I don't have cable or satellite, so I can only watch on the Internet. I've only been able to find a handful of race replays so far, usually after a long delay.

Seems like PWC themselves posted videos of everything from COTA, then the main races from St Pete (no GTS though)...and then nothing.

Eibach Springs has posted videos of one of the races from Detroit, and all the races from Mid Ohio. Can't find any others though.

Both series stream the races live on their websites.
IMSA does, but I didn't see a livestream on the PWC site anywhere. I probably just overlooked it :dunce:

Does the PWC livestream keep the videos up after the event, or do you have to watch it live? I'm usually busy on the weekends, so I do all my race watching the week after :lol:

http://www.world-challengetv.com/

I don't think they keep them up on their site afterwords.
Click were it says "view all races" and go here too. https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldChallengeTV/videos
Awesome, thanks guys 👍

I so wish GT6 had more of these GT4 spec cars, or gave us the ability to build cars close to this spec.

These GT4 cars have quickly become my favourite kind of racing. The cars are relatable and attainable, and the racing is usually very good.

My favourite current car has to be the 370Z...even though it's my least favourite Nissan and Fairlady :lol: I'll always be a NISMO fanboy at heart lol

Anyone heard of a 86GT/FR-S GT4 car? I can't recal seeing one in any series...would be a great looking car though.

GT4 does fit but, it runs so close with the GT1, GT3 thread. If GT4 is included in the OP, S-Tai, MX-5 Cup, M235 series and 86 Cup races should be posted here as well.

14 leading and 41 dropped back to 8th after a trip thru the grass. Currently the lead is a battle between the Maxima safety car and the Titan fire truck.:lol:

Back