Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
They're baaaaaaaaaaccccckkkkkk. :D
http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/120700-pwc-gainsco-bob-stallings-racing-set-for-sonoma-debut

phpThumb.php

http://mzracing.jp/en/news/1975

The 26th Media 4 Hour Endurance Race (Superintendent: B-Sports) will be held at Tsukuba Circuit on September 5th (Sat), where 5 selected members from the first graduating class of the Mazda Women in Motorsports Project will compete.

For this, the debut year of the new Roadster (MX-5), all competing vehicles will be 4-hour endurance spec ND Roadsters.

So what rules have changed in PWC's GTS class to suddenly start attracting all of this exotic machinery? Im hearing of Maserati's, Evora's and the Genesis but feel like the class has typically been Camaro's, Mustang's, Vantage's and Cayman's with the pair of Optima's thrown in.

Is being in their own races part of it?

So what rules have changed in PWC's GTS class to suddenly start attracting all of this exotic machinery? Im hearing of Maserati's, Evora's and the Genesis but feel like the class has typically been Camaro's, Mustang's, Vantage's and Cayman's with the pair of Optima's thrown in.

Is being in their own races part of it?
Probably. That and the GT4 "cup" Maserati and the GT4 Evora fit in perfectly.

Soooooooo the touring car class in Pirelli World Challenge is some very entertaining stuff! That last minute crash between the Civic and FR-S was a surprise. I like how they are more like gladiators than higher end series, since contact rules are relaxed, and the cars can take a hit or three! I was also surprised that they didn't bring out a SC to retrieve the bumper from the Civic! They just left it out on the track! Granted, I've seen similar things before in the other PWC races, but this seem a little extreme.

And finally, the track limits weren't enforced at all, with dozens of drivers driving right over the kerbs coming out of the hairpin going on the front straight. Didn't see any shortcutting at the Corkscrew though. I definitely remember seeing that a in the last Moto GP race at Laguna.

Old school
http://mzracing.jp/en/global/2117
Qualifying for the “Masters 70’s Celebration” at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps was held on September 19th and the two Mazda R100 Racers from Japan passed through the 30-minute session without a hitch.The R100s, which arrived at the Port of Antwerp at the beginning of September, were transported to the circuit paddock on the 19th through the assistance of Mazda Belgium. Here they would be utilizing the paddock facilities of local team, “Mazda Racing Team Van Herck,” and make preparations for running on the track. The Japanese team, led by the owner of the R100s, Jin Kato, was taken aback by the quality of the facilities. Kato went on to say, “I’m very grateful for all the assistance from Mazda Belgium. We wouldn’t have been able to prepare all of this by ourselves. On top of that, large numbers of Mazda fans, along with people who saw and were impressed by the R100 in that 1970s race, have been popping by to pay us a visit. The amount of interest has been amazing.” Having traveled by ship for approximately one month since leaving the port of Hiroshima, when both the engines fired up without fail, everyone involved breathed a sigh of relief.

Wonder if that will make it to the states.

For those that don't know, I think it's already confirmed that the Cayman GT4 will be used in CTSCC GS class next year. Also, since Nissan no longer sells the Altima Coupe, they are switching to 370Z's in the PWC Touring class next year, which I don't agree with. Get some Sentra's out there!

Wonder if that will make it to the states.

For those that don't know, I think it's already confirmed that the Cayman GT4 will be used in CTSCC GS class next year. Also, since Nissan no longer sells the Altima Coupe, they are switching to 370Z's in the PWC Touring class next year, which I don't agree with. Get some Sentra's out there!
Agreed, the 370Z should be in the GTS class. Although if it's bone stock, I guess it does match up against MX5s, Toybarus, and such.

What Nissan need to do is make an S16 :P

Thought I'd inject some life into this original thread
http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/11/02/bathurst-6-hour-draws-50-early-entries/

As many as 72 cars will be allowed to take the start across the eight classes.
“We expect the field to grow further as entries don’t close until the end of February next year, so there is still plenty of time for people sitting on the fence to get their entry in and become part of what is set to be an amazing grid.”

Split into turbocharged and naturally aspirated sub-categories, Class A entries include seven Mitsubishi Lancer Evos, six HSVs, three 1 Series BMWs and a single Subaru Impreza WRX.

Two-car efforts from the Melbourne Performance Centre, Dylan Thomas’ CXC Global and Jim Pollicina’s Poll Performance headline the strong Mitsubishi line-up.

Lancers won two of the last three Bathurst 12 Hours run to production car rules prior to the addition of GT cars in 2011.

CJ Wilson Racing (who usually runs Mazda Miata's in in the Touring Class) will be running two Cayman GT4 Clubsports in the GS class next year for CTSCC.

905702_1057573627620016_8623632020725658611_o.jpg
Is that the livery they'll be using? I like the look of that 👍

I think it's funny how during the U.S. GP, Hamilton was asked a question about getting more US athletes to take notice of F1, and use their celebrity status to help raise interest levels in F1, and in motorsport in general. It seems as though no one in that interview room was aware of CJ's accomplishments as a team owner, or that he even existed. Can't think of a better American pro athlete who could help raise interest in motorsport. It's sad how so many people involved with F1 seem to have blinders on to the fact that F1 is just one form of racing. While F1 may be the peak, it's the top step of a ladder who's foundations are all other forms of racing. In the long run, I think F1 would do well for itself to take those blinders off. I realize people like CJ aren't very common, but he's also not a unicorn :lol:

Rant finished :). Really looking forward to CTSCC next year. The GS field seems to be shaping up nicely: New Mustangs, more Porsches, plus the Z28s and 370Zs (I really want to see Nissan take a win this year!!), it should be an exciting year 👍

Well the GS class participation has been steadily dropping, so hopefully they can get more than 12 cars on the grid next year.

Well the GS class participation has been steadily dropping, so hopefully they can get more than 12 cars on the grid next year.
I know the grid was smaller than in previous years, but is there anyone from last year who is backing out for 2016?

Is that the livery they'll be using? I like the look of that 👍

I think it's funny how during the U.S. GP, Hamilton was asked a question about getting more US athletes to take notice of F1, and use their celebrity status to help raise interest levels in F1, and in motorsport in general. It seems as though no one in that interview room was aware of CJ's accomplishments as a team owner, or that he even existed. Can't think of a better American pro athlete who could help raise interest in motorsport. It's sad how so many people involved with F1 seem to have blinders on to the fact that F1 is just one form of racing. While F1 may be the peak, it's the top step of a ladder who's foundations are all other forms of racing. In the long run, I think F1 would do well for itself to take those blinders off. I realize people like CJ aren't very common, but he's also not a unicorn :lol:

Pretty sure the question(assuming you're reffering to the press conference that also included Rossi)was more about how to get more African-Americans interested in motorsports.

Back