Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
Kia has pulled out of PWC GTS competition for now.

They dropped a hint at a return in the future with RWD architecture. I would love to see the Korean brand enter full GT racing, but a return to GTS would be fine, too.

Last edited:
Thats a shame about Kia. It was cool seeing a FWD car duke it out with Mustangs and Camaros.

What RWD car does Kia have, or have I missed something?
None, which makes it confusing to be honest. Probably going to debut something.

Oh my God...this is amazing! :drool: The Sin R1 GT4 is coming to the PWC.
http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/124420-pwc-sin-r1-gt4-makes-north-american-debut-at-pri-show

phpThumb.php

Thats a shame about Kia. It was cool seeing a FWD car duke it out with Mustangs and Camaros.

What RWD car does Kia have, or have I missed something?

The only RWD Kia I can think of is the K9/K900/Quoris; based on the Equus/Genesis platform
Kia_Quoris_3.8_SX_2013_%2812567163983%29.jpg

More likely Kia's next race car would be based on a production version the GT4 Stinger concept.

Nissan is pulling out of the CTSCC.

I'm not overly surprised since the 370Z has been selling like crap and is nearing the end of it's production cycle.
I'd bet a lot of this Nissan news today is because Darren Cox left. He was probably the only one keeping a lot of these programs alive. CTSCC move doesn't really surprise me though, the GS field was something like 12 cars this past season, and others were leaving as well. It's all but dead now.

As far as the Z sales, for what it is, it's not doing all that bad. When I asked someone in the know about the press going wild on replacing it with that Gripz concept thing, I was told "the Z still sells well, they won't replace it with a crossover". So take that how you will.

Nissan is pulling out of the CTSCC.

I'm not overly surprised since the 370Z has been selling like crap and is nearing the end of it's production cycle.
Update on this. Nissan only pulled their main backing for Doran Racing, but the team is still trying to race this season. They are currently in need of and searching for more sponsorship.

From Doran Racing:

As many of you may have heard... Doran racing lost our main backing from Nissan Motorsports after they consolidated their budgets for 2016.
The team has been working hard to the return to the grid for the upcoming Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series season.
We have been making positive strides
towards this goal .... but are still looking for potential sponsors.
Any contacts that could be interested in partnering with our program are greatly appreciated and can contact me via Private message.
We have a team working hard on this and would love to be back up front with our 370Z program. We were one of the fan favorites throughout the year at every track and our research suggests there is excellent ROI that associated with sponsorship of the team.

Sweet! I've been looking for this thread for ages! Really looking forward to CTSCC this year. GS looks likes it's going to be something else. I'm a CJ Wilson Racing fan so I'll be cheering them on. I dunno if it's been confirmed yet but are they keeping McAleer and McCumbee in the same car? Those two are an epic pairing.

Let me just say I'm glad I saw this thread. CTSCC is my all-time favourite race series to watch. Having followed it in its many guises for 10+ years it's nice to see some movement of drivers up into the big leagues of the Weathertech series etc.

I try on occasion to watch PWS but I really struggle because Greg Creamer is a buffoon and makes them unwatchable for me. I was pretty crushed when they recently announced that he'll be doing Weathertech (and I'm afraid...possibly CTSCC also).

I'm expecting a lot of new Mustangs this year, and I've already seen a heap of teams signing up for Cayman GT4's. Some of the racing this year was simply superb, and I'm looking forward to more (in both classes). PWS...again I'll watch if I stumble upon it.

Luckily CTSCC and Weathertech (at least last year) have full races in HD on YouTube a week or two after, so I try to stay off news sites. I prefer watching them online with buddies on the head-set, no commercials.

Yeah, shortly after Porsche announced the official GT4 Cayman model I saw at least three different teams announcing they were going to be running them. I'm hoping they're good, but maybe not too good (in the way Caymans started to sweep ST --- though the Caymans/Miatas battles were fantastic this season).

Nice to see Trent Hindman back on the grid this year though it'll be weird seeing him in a Porsche rather than the m3. Also gonna be weird to see mcaleer and mccumbee in the freedom auto sports Mazda rather than their bright blue cj Wilson one.

Sad to chime back in here...but the CTSCC field for Daytona looks...horrid. We're down to 37 cars at the moment with a scant nine GS class rides.

I'm hoping this is just early-season panic and there are some teams hoping to join, but couldn't make the Daytona cut-off. This series went from a heap of manufacturers/teams to a bit of a Porsche-spec race series (Caymans dominate the roster in both GS and ST). Quite depressing...add the new announcing @$$clown (Greg Creamer) and this may be a terrible season.

Shame.

Sad to chime back in here...but the CTSCC field for Daytona looks...horrid. We're down to 37 cars at the moment with a scant nine GS class rides.
Saw this coming. GS is going to be dominated by Mustangs and Cayman GT4's this year.

Nice to see Trent Hindman back on the grid this year though it'll be weird seeing him in a Porsche rather than the m3. Also gonna be weird to see mcaleer and mccumbee in the freedom auto sports Mazda rather than their bright blue cj Wilson one.
I guess they wanted to continue racing Miatas.

Miata's 4eva! :D

You mean the 1 Mustang vs 8 Cayman's? :P
Actually according to the entry list, it's 4 Mustangs (2 GT350R, 2 Boss 302) and 3 Cayman GT4's.

Edit: I just realized the 9 car field is 4 Mustangs and 5 Porsche's. :rolleyes:

I don't see Duran Racing on the list, so they must be sponsor searching.

Actually according to the entry list, it's 4 Mustangs (2 GT350R, 2 Boss 302) and 3 Cayman GT4's.

Edit: I just realized the 9 car field is 4 Mustangs and 5 Porsche's. :rolleyes:

I don't see Duran Racing on the list, so they must be sponsor searching.
Well at least it's sort of an even fight. :lol: I miss the Aston's though. :(

Yep, no Astons, no BMWs, no Subarus (old), no Camaros, etc. The ST class has diminished as well from a heap of models to the top 5-6 it seems, with a few wild cards. But seeing the field drop over 20+ cars as a whole is hugely damning. I'll probably have to find a way to watch PWC and I used to avoid that like the plague because of Creamer's obsession with shouting...and the stupid stunts they used to pull off to make the racing interesting - at least they've dropped some of that crap*. Still don't like the sprint-ish formats.

*There was a time during PWC that the pole sitter flipped a coin to see if the field would be inverted and other ridiculous crap...

Back