GT SPORT v.s GT6/Reality Comparison

• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 120 comments
You did a good job but I don't understand why it's a video? You're comparing still images, the best way to present that is...with still images. Not a slideshow video.

Plus YT compresses the images a heck of a lot.

The images do look compressed, I can upload the original images later ;)

Side by Side Comparisons

Superb :)

Just one small problem. These comparison is better :

:)

8dak9x9yuy3.png

d2ub7ubecub6.jpg

ur1YTv.jpg

While fun to look at, these comparisons are without any real basis of comparison. You have a mix of GT6 photomode and gameplay of undetermined source quality to trailer and possibly photomode shots from GTS.

I thought the same thing. A few of those GT6 images seem really poorly done photomode shots, or they've been purposely done to make it look worse than usual. The MX5 interior springs to mind, it's overexposed and poorly focused.

A few seem to have unnecessarily ugly backdrops, and sub-optimal lighting. I'm willing to bet most of those GT6 shots could be made look significantly more realistic if taken by someone with some photomode skills.

I thought the same thing. A few of those GT6 images seem really poorly done photomode shots, or they've been purposely done to make it look worse than usual. The MX5 interior springs to mind, it's overexposed and poorly focused.

A few seem to have unnecessarily ugly backdrops, and sub-optimal lighting. I'm willing to bet most of those GT6 shots could be made look significantly more realistic if taken by someone with some photomode skills.

Yeah, thanks for the nice feed! :mischievous:

While fun to look at, these comparisons are without any real basis of comparison. You have a mix of GT6 photomode and gameplay of undetermined source quality to trailer and possibly photomode shots from GTS.
Yeah. Some of these comparisons are head-scratching, especially the one with the Bugatti and Mazda concepts. The one with the interior of the Miata is wrong as hell too.

That's not any reason not to compare. There's a definite upgrade, even if they aren't like for like, that upgrade is apparent. Appreciate the effort, guys. Hopefully in a little while we'll get to see gameplay.

It's comparing a very carefully done pre rendered video to some poorly done random shots, some of which aren't even comparing the same cars. You could get just as big a difference comparing the pre rendered videos of GT6 with similar shots, it's pointless.

It's comparing a very carefully done pre rendered video to some poorly done random shots, some of which aren't even comparing the same cars. You could get just as big a difference comparing the pre rendered videos of GT6 with similar shots, it's pointless.
Exactly.

This one:
http://s18.postimg.org/56198t82g/R182_SBS.jpg

It's questionable why this would be included in such a thread. It de-legitimizes the idea of a comparison such as this thread's. Don't be the first to do a visual comparison if the angles of the pictures are the focus or the priority. Just strange.

How can you compare the same cars that are not even in GT6!?? :rolleyes:

For example, take a look at this E3 2013 GT6 pre-rendered video. You could take shots from GT6 that would look far less realistic than some stills taken from this video.

Exactly my point, those comparisons are pointless.

Those comparisons are not pointless. I used the MX5 in order to show the difference in specular and shader from a graphics perspective, not some fancy photomode contest! And how do you know the GT SPORT clips are pre-rendered!? We haven't scene any gameplay so no!

Those comparisons are not pointless. I used the MX5 in order to show the difference in specular and shader from a graphics perspective, not some fancy photomode contest! And how do you know the GT SPORT clips are pre-rendered!? We haven't scene any gameplay so no!

Of course it's pre-rendered, every single GT video PD does is pre-rendered. Wait for gameplay footage before trying to make graphics comparisons. Just look at the difference in the GT6 E3 video I posted to what GT6 actually looks like in game.

Comparing shots of completely different cars, in different lighting and surroundings, when one shot is in game, and the other from a promotional pre-rendered video, is 100% pointless. It doesn't show anything other than PD's pre-rendered video looks better than GT6, which we already knew when GT6 came out, since it looked much better in the pre-rendered trailers we saw before the game came out.

The shadow in that MX5 picture... Come on. Compare using a GT6 picture not with a shadow being cast over the steering wheel.

In gfx wise the game will be great. From the time I started with GT4, GT5 and GT6. They all for its time and even many years down the line look better than most if not all the other games. They are proficient in gfx.

Rendering of GT6's trailers is the same, in-game.

The difference is that treatment things like aliasing or shadows.... It's perfect in the trailer.

Even ignoring the obvious conflict with those two statements there is another major difference. The pre-rendered trailers use the highest quality, 500k polygon models, they do not use the in-game level of detail. So no, not the same at all.

Rendering of GT6's trailers is the same, in-game.

The difference is that treatment things like aliasing or shadows.... It's perfect in the trailer.
Beside the cars as mentioned above, if aliasing and shadows are different then it's not the same by definition. Aliasing and shadows make a massive difference.

Even ignoring the obvious conflict with those two statements there is another major difference. The pre-rendered trailers use the highest quality, 500k polygon models, they do not use the in-game level of detail. So no, not the same at all.

No. Photo Mode in race doesn't increase the number of polygon.

You confuse with LOD.

If things like aliasing, shadows and some effects have the same treatment in-game, we would have the same rendering. There is no downgrade.

Asset, modeling, colors, and others, everything remains the same.

Beside the cars as mentioned above, if aliasing and shadows are different then it's not the same by definition. Aliasing and shadows make a massive difference.

Yes. MASSIVE..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No. Photo Mode in race doesn't increase the number of polygon.

You confuse with LOD.
Photo mode in race? What is that?

If things like aliasing, shadows and some effects have the same treatment in-game, we would have to quite the same rendering. There is no downgrade.
You contradict yourself with this statement. It makes zero sense.

Asset, modeling, colors, and others, everything remains the same.
You think the level of detail of cars and tracks is rendered the same in a trailer as it is in GT6?

Yes. MASSIVE..... :rolleyes:
Have you ever played a game where you can turn aliasing and shadows up and down on a sliding scale? I doubt it, because if you did you'd know what I'm talking about.

Back