Upcoming NFS game in 2017?

• Thread starter citroengt1
  • 199 comments

What do you want for the 2017 NFS?

• Total voters
Croatia
Zagreb
johnwalter1044
It's already known the game is in the making, and due to be announced sometime in 2017.

My question is what will become of it?
Will we get a sequal to the NFS 2015, like another city?

Or could we possibly get something like Pro Street, but with a city as a main free roam
area?

And of course having more options for customazing
small details on cars, such as mirrors, lights, etc.

Prostreet is my all-time favorite NFS title. So another game like Prostreet would be fantastic.

How about this? An organizing "prostreet" racing circuit in which we can race in the daytime at organized events, and a separate illegal street racing scene in which it is nighttime like the previous game? I wouldn't even care if they reused Ventura Bay and just added to it.

All they really need to do is flesh out the customization for all cars available in the game, fix the handling, make the cops smarter, add something like Prostreet tracks, and viola! They would have the perfect NFS game and no doubt critically acclaimed.

Prostreet is my all-time favorite NFS title. So another game like Prostreet would be fantastic.

How about this? An organizing "prostreet" racing circuit in which we can race in the daytime at organized events, and a separate illegal street racing scene in which it is nighttime like the previous game? I wouldn't even care if they reused Ventura Bay and just added to it.

All they really need to do is flesh out the customization for all cars available in the game, fix the handling, make the cops smarter, add something like Prostreet tracks, and viola! They would have the perfect NFS game and no doubt critically acclaimed.

Would be nice to see another Prostreet. The game had a unique style that was significantly different from the rest of the series.

It's already known the game is in the making, and due to be announced sometime in 2017.

Or could we possibly get something like Pro Street, but with a city as a main free roam
area?

As Ghost mentioned that NFS2015 laid the foundations for the 2017 NFS game, I'm guessing its going to be a NFS2015 like game with an improved handling model, more customization options and parts, new city, and new cars. I won't mind that if Ghost actually went for that route.

As long as the handling isn't absolute crap and their is some good replayability (even making the cops competent would do it for me) then I'll be happy with it. They could also do with upping the customization, for some cars it was absolutely awful.
As for the customization, FH3 left a hole in their game because for now their bodykit selection, NFS2015 has an advantage over FH3's bodykit selection. For example the Nissan R32, in NFS2015 you have the Bee-R kit and the RWB kit while FH3 don't have any and you're stuck with Forza bumper and wing. Another example would be the Subaru BRZ/Toyota GT86, in NFS you have a lot of options such as the Rocket Bunny V1 and V2 kit, Varis kit, KM4SH kit, and the unexpected Aimgain kit while Forza only has the Rocket Bunny V2 kit.

My point for this one, NFS' bodykit selection has a huge advantage over FH3's bodykit selection (unless DLC will add more kits to the game). If the next game has more bodykits to choose from and improve the customization even more, then NFS is once again left FH's customization in the dust.

I haven't played Forza but apparently it also doesn't support different materials for wraps. That's a big deal for me.

Of course, like body kits, it could be a feature easily added later. Forza 3 Horizon will probably last longer than NFS 2015 did, just because it's Forza.

I do think that NFS should add daytime events to the next game... many were complaining about 'always nighttime' and that would silence those critics and put it on par with Forza in that regard.

My point for this one, NFS' bodykit selection has a huge advantage over FH3's bodykit selection (unless DLC will add more kits to the game). If the next game has more bodykits to choose from and improve the customization even more, then NFS is once again left FH's customization in the dust.
While NFS does have a better selection of bodykits, I don't think it's a "huge advantage" over FH3. Both games have numerous cars completely lacking in bodykit options and there are some cars in NFS with barely any real customization options at all (namely the supercars). Plus cosmetic customization was all NFS15 really had going for it.

FH3 is better in pretty much every single other way. It has dynamic day/night & weather, it has way more in depth performance tuning, way better handling model, a far bigger and more interesting map, greater variety of events (plus an event editor) and it has 7x the car count.

NFS 201x will need to have a lot more than cosmetic customization for me to even consider buying it.

While NFS does have a better selection of bodykits, I don't think it's a "huge advantage" over FH3. Both games have numerous cars completely lacking in bodykit options and there are some cars in NFS with barely any real customization options at all (namely the supercars). Plus cosmetic customization was all NFS15 really had going for it.

FH3 is better in pretty much every single other way. It has dynamic day/night & weather, it has way more in depth performance tuning, way better handling model, a far bigger and more interesting map, greater variety of events (plus an event editor) and it has 7x the car count.

NFS 201x will need to have a lot more than cosmetic customization for me to even consider buying it.
Couldn't agree more. I already mentioned that better handling, new city, new cars, and more parts is what I should expect in the next game since Ghost mentioned that NFS15 laid the foundations for the next game.

Aside from that, I don't think NFS has ever done a event creator right? So I guess by learning from FH3, then probably this could be Ghost's chance to give NFS its first ever event creator. Plus daytime would be recommended especially since many critics bashed NFS15 for being "nighttime only" (despite the fact that NFS15 is the combination between Underground and Carbon and both of those games are nighttime only).

As for the car selection, again following what Ghost said about NFS2015 laying the foundations for the next game, I can see them utilizing Speedhunters more to boost the car list for the next game. The problem with Ghost was that they weren't able to utilize Speedhunters well in NFS15.

I don't care much about an event creator, but if they had a track list (race track, not music) like NFS Underground 2, that would be awesome.

I hold a more optimistic stance towards Ghost Games. As demonstrated by their post-launch game support, they tried to offer what the players wanted which did not involve altering fundamental components of the game. I believe the limiting factor behind why nothing substantial was changed is because Ghost promised to keep all post-release content free.

With NFS 2017, Ghost Games can change a whole lot more and based on how engaging the developers have been with the community, I reckon the next title will build upon NFS 2015 and (hopefully) have more features to boost long term appeal. Judging by the sales figures, demand is certainly there for an Underground-style racing game.

That's my two cents, but then again Ghost Games, Playground Games and most likely the team from Evolution are the only studios making the style of racing games I actually want to play these days, track based racing sims have become stale for me.

Last edited:
FH3 has all but quelled all of the numerous shortcomings NFS2015 had for me. All it's missing is a body customization mode as thorough — though it has 7 times the cars, so that's probably why — the ability to paint parts of wheel rims differently, and the ability to use different textures on the wraps themselves. That's it.

Plus, FH3 has a handling model that doesn't so closely resemble what you tend to find in toilet bowls.

Like I said in the main NFS '15 thread, I do not think Ghost Games is up to the task of creating a new Need For Speed as I don't see many positive impacts they've made on the series. What do you guys think?
My idea is that for the whole game itself, either Ghost should improve the handling/make a new handling model for the next NFS game or find a new developer for them to make a better NFS game.

As for game support, I think Firemonkeys should take over game support. They really did a good job supporting No Limits and it held its ground ever since its release.

Last edited:
My idea is that for the whole game itself, either Ghost should improve the handling for the next NFS game or find a new developer for them to make a better NFS game.

As for game support, I think Firemonkeys should take over game support. They really did a good job supporting No Limits and it held its ground ever since its release.
Maybe they should actually try making a handling model this time as in, stop trying to fix the Criterion model and start from scratch.

I don't know how well a mobile game developer would do with a full-fledged console release... Would be interesting to see that happen though.

FH3 has all but quelled all of the numerous shortcomings NFS2015 had for me. All it's missing is a body customization mode as thorough — though it has 7 times the cars, so that's probably why — the ability to paint parts of wheel rims differently, and the ability to use different textures on the wraps themselves. That's it.

Plus, FH3 has a handling model that doesn't so closely resemble what you tend to find in toilet bowls.
I keep thinking "maybe I want NFS2015, as I genuinely liked some of the newer NFS games, and perhaps I might like this one". And then I realise how much better of a game FH3 seems than it, and I realise its pointless. I do wish i had an xbone sometimes. Hopefully this new NFS will interest me a bit more.

Maybe they should actually try making a handling model this time as in, stop trying to fix the Criterion model and start from scratch.

I don't know how well a mobile game developer would do with a full-fledged console release... Would be interesting to see that happen though.
The thing is that Firemonkeys was able to manage No Limits well. The MTs were not a nuisance in the game as evidenced by @LeGeNd-1 playthrough of No Limits and he was able to get through No Limits without spending any money. They are also good in game support especially in times where you lost your No Limits save (trust me, when I lost my NL save, Firemonkeys compensated the lost save by giving me tons of car blueprints, gold, money, and parts.)

I think EA should give Firemonkeys a chance for consoles. Let Ghost or other dev (if possible) make the game and let FM take over game support but Ghost/other dev are still in charge to making changes to the game.

Whatever it is I will be extremely sceptical until it's confirmed to have an entirely new handling model. I've barely played 30 hours on NFS 2015 due to the horrendous driving physics. Can't believe I paid full price for it :ouch:

Bring back this style of NFS please........

Need-for-Speed-Hot-Pursuit-2_PC_US_ESRB.jpg

As someone who started Need For Speed with Underground 2, I actually really like 2015's night only feel. however, at the same time, daylight never hurt, right? to me the most important things to sort out is the grip v drift insnaity. Drifting simply shouldn't be the fastest way around every corner, and grip shouldn't just mean understeer. That, coupled with those INFURIATING crash cams and sticky wall physics are all I found to dislike about the game.

The physics I reckon just need some bigtime tweaking for their new game next year. But with the effort ghost poured into the game after it came out, and how much they listened to people about the game (they released it with component parts as it was??!!) so hopefully we're in safe hands

As someone who started Need For Speed with Underground 2, I actually really like 2015's night only feel. however, at the same time, daylight never hurt, right? to me the most important things to sort out is the grip v drift insnaity. Drifting simply shouldn't be the fastest way around every corner, and grip shouldn't just mean understeer. That, coupled with those INFURIATING crash cams and sticky wall physics are all I found to dislike about the game.

The physics I reckon just need some bigtime tweaking for their new game next year. But with the effort ghost poured into the game after it came out, and how much they listened to people about the game (they released it with component parts as it was??!!) so hopefully we're in safe hands
I think we all agree that Ghost needs to make a new physics engine for NFS2017.

But then again to do that, they need to let go of the Frostbite engine I think.

But then again to do that, they need to let go of the Frostbite engine I think.
I wonder if the physics are tied to the game engine itself or the physics are just stand-alone and could be used in both engines (Chameleon and Frostbite). This reminds me of how back when Rivals come out, people were joking around about how the cars drove like tanks since it used Frostbite. Is it true? Who knows. I don't really know how any of this works, to be fair.

area?

I hope the game as an offline mode im pissed of with games having to play a game online its ****en stupid

Back