• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 70 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Nürburgring GP/F

A-spec #47 Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge @ Nürburgring GP~F.png
A-spec [#47] Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge @ Nürburgring GP~F.jpg

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
First try was my under powered Honda insight,
Way way back in second place, when the lead car slammed into a wall
Another time l was way out in front with my Honda nsx, when way back in second place l see in my rear view mirror as the AI spins out into the sandy gravel, yet less than 1/4 lap later he crosses the finish line less than 1/2 second behind me?!?!?!?!?!

My guess is the programmers were smoking crack

image.jpg
Same car as the beginner race, just adjusted PP and tires for this event...lol
Stupid hyura knocked me off the track on lap 5 going into turn 1. I was able to catch up on him and pass just before the last turn for the win...

Had a few rounds of this last night. First I took out my under-used Ford GT at 595 PP. Schimples.

Then I decided to run the prize car from the expert seasonals (the Citroen GT) with a racing exhaust, and again, schimples!

The AI in this are mental. When running the GT, I snuck ahead of the bright green Huayra on the 4th lap as he ran into the gravel, only to have him on my tail less than 20 seconds later. Runs wide again into the gravel, and back on my tail again into the next hairpin. What the hell? I'm running consistent laps (within 4 tenths) and the AI still have insane fluctuations. Annoying...

But I enjoyed this track and it's not a common one, so I'll be back for more without doubt!

Had a few rounds of this last night. First I took out my under-used Ford GT at 595 PP. Schimples.

Then I decided to run the prize car from the expert seasonals (the Citroen GT) with a racing exhaust, and again, schimples!

The AI in this are mental. When running the GT, I snuck ahead of the bright green Huayra on the 4th lap as he ran into the gravel, only to have him on my tail less than 20 seconds later. Runs wide again into the gravel, and back on my tail again into the next hairpin. What the hell? I'm running consistent laps (within 4 tenths) and the AI still have insane fluctuations. Annoying...

But I enjoyed this track and it's not a common one, so I'll be back for more without doubt!
I had the nearly the same problem like you with the green Huayra, soon I am going to try a Huayra at 600PP and see what happens if there is a speed difference with the AI.

The AI will ram you at the Schikane, and at the end of the home straight. But all in good fun, all's fair right? As we have punted more than a few AI. AlSo, this track is amusing to push around the foam barriers at the chicane and see where they are next time thru.
I did not know you can push the foam barriers!

Now this is a fairly decent event.

I rolled the McLaren as the rabbit and the Ceberra Speed 12 and the 2IC.

I randomly chose a Nissan R390 GT1 untuned but with 615hp and ~1,190kg. I think its down on power compare to the two rabbits as they walked me on the straights but the Speed 12 forgot to brake on the hairpin at the end of the start/finish and the McLaren was just too cautious on the Esses but he proved pretty bumpy on my tail on the last few laps.

Now this is a fairly decent event.

I rolled the McLaren as the rabbit and the Ceberra Speed 12 and the 2IC.

I randomly chose a Nissan R390 GT1 untuned but with 615hp and ~1,190kg. I think its down on power compare to the two rabbits as they walked me on the straights but the Speed 12 forgot to brake on the hairpin at the end of the start/finish and the McLaren was just too cautious on the Esses but he proved pretty bumpy on my tail on the last few laps.
Nice choice of car there! I might have a go with the R390. One of my old favourites...

Again I took my current favourite Caterham Fireblade at 235hp. It's one of the best cars in the turns due to being super light yet powerful. Won it in 11:59 minutes ahead of Enzo Ferrari, which would always manage to overtake me on the main straight.

On the 5th lap, it locked its brakes in turn 1 & ran wide.

Noticed lately that either the AI cars are getting clumsy or aggressive. :crazy:

R390 is what I call a 'cheater' car. Its an LMP1 slash GT1 class supercar HOWEVER to make it work in the 550-600 class you're down on power... that's just the way it is.

You make up with it in handling. In stock form its a pleasant handling car with the occasional power oversteer but its controllable.

You can afford to give it maybe a bit more weight for stability in exchange for power. I keep a stable of them in classic Nissan colours like Millenium Jade, Bayside Blue...

Its a killer on the GPF circuit as its so fast in the high speed corners.

It might be why the Huayra is catching you because your car was 595PP, my car was 575PP and that is why the Huayra was making up the ground, what do you think ?.

One thing's for certain IMO, the seasonal's are more fun than the NEW QM they shoved down our throats - this time. 👎👎 The 600pp "tuner" QM at Deep Woods was a blast 👍👍,, wonder why they yanked it after only 2 weeks? 👎👎 :confused:
I'm not a fan anymore of the Open Lobby playing, it's usually 30 to 40 minutes of waiting for players to fiddle with their set ups or there's one or two players who destroy the field so bad it's a bore. Nope, not a fan of hosting a room of MY choice's either - which is why I've come to enjoy QM as much as I do - prepare the cars BEFORE entering, dash a few seconds for a warm up - then see how good we did! Now that's FUN! :cheers:

I know some enjoy the low PP and loaner QM events but unless they're higher HP and PP events they're not alot of fun for this ol guy. Had high hopes for the prototypes at Indy Speedway,, but after 3 trys I'm disappointed. The first try I chose the FRW GTR, blew the 4 others in the room away by over 14 seconds (one nimrod drove the 6 laps in reverse,, WTH was up with that? He was no problem as he was a ghost - drove right thru him) - I saved it 'cause I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY it was such a lopsided run away. The other 2 were not much better,, clicked the redman on lap 4 the last time,, bored out of my mind again. Didn't even try the 350 QM,, not interested. The Suzy event on comfort's, again not interested - IF they would have set it as a "tuner" event I would have liked it I am certain. The only QM that holds any interest for me is SilverStone. We can run a "tuner" Vdub, but the 3 different times I entered using the Premium Edition, there were only 4 players and it was yet another run away just like the prototype at Indy. I clicked the redman half way thru lap 2 the last time,, the others were all over the place and so far behind it was a bore. No, I'm not very good at all,, I think there's just so few GOOD players interested in the same events that grab my attention,, there's only noob's running them. Perhaps there will be some GOOD players check SiverStone when I'm there that can make a race. Time will tell. Anyway, that's ol Duce's rant for this batch of QM and I'll not mention it again 👍

Ran this one again last night, and the huayra proceed to ram into me repeatedly the entire last lap
Annoyance factor 100%, this is now beyond arcade stupid, not fun at all, making me hate GT6

Having fun with this one using and assortment of 560-580pp cars. The frisson of the threat of the AI Huayra or McLaren F1 ramming from behind is kind of new for this 3 year old game. Fourth lap shenanigans are most common.

Back