A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Nürburgring GP/F

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 70 comments
When I wasn't trying to wreck the beautiful and shiny Huayra, the 571 PP, Land Rover, Range Stormer was a fun and easy win... Even with a crappy tune and getting punted once by the Huayra. What's funny is how the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place cars ALL wrecked in the first turn of lap five! :dunce::lol::dunce:

Range Sormer Ring Standings.jpg
IDIOT AI Ring.jpg

I dont understand how the AI wrecks on turn 1 so often?

Is it bad AI or are PD real smart and made the AI deliberately a bit stupid to make it seem like they are more human.

Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PAKAGE '12 at 500PP, I took the lead on lap 3 and the Huayra was very good behind me all the time, I had nothing like @Barracuda413 said he ram me for the entire lap which is strange, the only time the Huayra got close to me is on the front and back straights.

View attachment 608385 View attachment 608386
Brilliant choice of car. One of my favourites in the game. Always dependable and so easy to drive!

4si5qa.jpg

Easy with the Crossbow as well. Although, I didn't use the H pattern gearbox on my G27 because someone moved my gear mounting stool and I can't find it 🤬

Had a massive moment as well, but held it!

2ro00aq.jpg

:D:sly:

Easy win with Dodge Ram. Can't imagine that possible in the real world...

Attachments

• IMG_1506.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 16
The VW W12 Nardo is even better than the Cien. But still I need a less than a second to break the 10 minutes barrier, first was 10:00:576 and the second was 10:00:873.

Last edited:
2uh7cr6.jpg

Pulled out an old favourite of mine. Still miffed that I can't use my H gears, but oh well. Got it on try 5 due to these absolute idiots rammimg me off twice and a couple of driver errors. Had a spin on my winning go and damn near gave up, but decided to try and salvage it and lo and behold but the Huayra overshot the first corner. :mischievous:

E: Oil change, 495PP I think.

Last edited:
After Le Mans went and tried this one, with effect. Went under the 10 minutes with a 9:56:923. Side question what is the easiest way to post replays?
Direct Video using cell phone or tablet with a tripod, of your screen. Screen capture through HDMI or component video /USB devices is a pain.

The AI in this one are mental.. watch out for the Speed 12, the Enzo, and the Zonda. Get those three together and its a 🤬 show. I had the ZZII which made short work of it. Still had to check my rear view to make sure that Speed 12 wasnt about to punt me in the braking zone. One time I gave the Zonda a Nice little love tap right before the braking zone on the front stretch for giggles and he went flying through the gravel. Literally a little tap and he was gone. Think it p:censored:d him off because he smacked the c:censored:P out of the poor Viper when he caught up to it in the chicane next lap. (Saw it in the replay.. huge punt.. definitely on purpose).

I dont understand how the AI wrecks on turn 1 so often?

Is it bad AI or are PD real smart and made the AI deliberately a bit stupid to make it seem like they are more human.

Normal AIs can be set from 1 (mild) to 10 (aggressive)
These go to 11 (insane)

He he, got in the lead, past McClaren F1 and TVR Speed 12 Rabbits, and they spent the remaining 2 laps either ramming me or sliding into the kitty litter.
The F1 slammed into the barrier at that tiny Z bend at 60 mph!
You get up their rear they will cave to the pressure and hose the braking zone.. every time. I got the F1 in my race to slam into that same wall at 85, twice in a row.

Normal AIs can be set from 1 (mild) to 10 (aggressive)
These go to 11 (insane)
I have been doing this race every day and the AI aggressions are very low, you only get the aggressive AI at the end of the straights just before the slow corner bacause of slipstream behind you or they don't brake properly, everywhere else on the track the aggression of the AI does not exist, it all come down to how good driver you are.

No it comes down to how the AI's are programmed
Your driving has absolutely nothing to do with it
A blind man could see the AI's in this event are out of control

Literally right after I read your post somebody shot off into the gravel in turn 1.. again.

There seems to be one spot where they go stupid.. it alternates between turn one and the chicane. Three run offs in five laps just now.

EDIT- Never mind. Zonda just disqualified that statement by promptly slamming into the chicane wall on the last lap.

I know it comes down to how they are programmed, but the way you described the Al how they repeatedly ram you off the track or smash into you over and over that does not exist.

Direct Video using cell phone or tablet with a tripod, of your screen. Screen capture through HDMI or component video /USB devices is a pain.

Thank you for the answer but I've only got a desktop PC and a dumbphone and as you said other ways are a pain.

Same here, it would be nice if you could just save the replay from the PS3 and post it somehow

Using a Viper in this race is way overkill, the 81 Isuzu is a much more fun challange

Last edited:
Back