Kunos Shuffles Final Porsche Pack Contents, 911 RSR Arrives in January

First i have to say that "GT3 RSR" isn't really an accurate naming. The car is officially named "911 RSR". Nothing more. Technically its not even an GT3 car, it is an GTE. It is - by far - the one Porsche i'm looking forward the most. But since i'm playing on PS4, there was no chance to see the RSR this year to begin with. The delay is okay for me - propably a good reason to spend some more time with the GT3 R which will be part of the pack, too.

911 Turbo S is a GREAT addition to the pack. This was always my personal street-legal dream car. I think it is the perfect automobile - it is great looking, incredible fast but also comfortable. Unbelievable it wasn't planned as part of the packs from the beginning.

First i have to say that "GT3 RSR" isn't really an accurate naming. The car is officially named "911 RSR". Nothing more. Technically its not even an GT3 car, it is an GTE. It is - by far - the one Porsche i'm looking forward the most. But since i'm playing on PS4, there was no chance to see the RSR this year to begin with. The delay is okay for me - propably a good reason to spend some more time with the GT3 R which will be part of the pack, too.

911 Turbo S is a GREAT addition to the pack. This was always my personal street-legal dream car. I think it is the perfect automobile - it is great looking, incredible fast but also comfortable. Unbelievable it wasn't planned as part of the packs from the beginning.

Whoops, oversight. Now fixed.

No idea when it will finally come to console, but assuming we all eventually get the Turbo and MR RSR... not shabby!!

Forgive my ignorance on the matter. Been studying Porsche this year but all the 911's still confuse me :P
What are the big differences between the Carrera S that we already have and the turbo S? Just more power with the Turbo and a better trim?

Forgive my ignorance on the matter. Been studying Porsche this year but all the 911's still confuse me :P
What are the big differences between the Carrera S that we already have and the turbo S? Just more power with the Turbo and a better trim?
That and
4wd-outlined.jpg

It's also wider. I could be wrong, but the Turbo S comes with carbon ceramic brakes as standard (they're optional on Carreras). The Turbo S gets rear-steer like the GT3 RS too.

Ah ok thanks for the info. 👍
I understand now why people would be excited to feel the difference between the Carrera and the Turbo S. Quite a different car overall.

Unbelievable it wasn't planned as part of the packs from the beginning.

I'm guessing they were stashing it away for part of another pack that hasn't been announced and decided to toss it in PP3 to make up for the RSR delay. Which might mean they have a few more Porsches they've been working on behind the scenes. There's now way they whipped this car up in a couple days so they've been working on it for at least a little while. Marco did say the first three packs were not the end of the Porsche relationship, so stay tuned!

It's also wider. I could be wrong, but the Turbo S comes with carbon ceramic brakes as standard (they're optional on Carreras). The Turbo S gets rear-steer like the GT3 RS too.

According to the "experts" on the official forum it also has lower redline, wider tires, wider body, more aero, and some improved technological doo-dads that are optional on other models..

Correct on all accounts. The Turbo S is nuts. But the rear-axle steering is also an option on the 991.2 Carrera S like the one that was included in the first pack. I don't know if the Carrera S we got had it or not but I'm guessing it did. So compared to the Carrera S we have, more power, AWD, and a retractable front splitter or "air skirt" as some call it. It'll be more than enough to hold us over.

I don't mind this change at all. It makes more sense anyway.

Ah ok thanks for the info. 👍
I understand now why people would be excited to feel the difference between the Carrera and the Turbo S. Quite a different car overall.

The 991.2 Carrera currently in the game is grouped with sports cars like the 718 Cayman. The 991.2 Turbo S should compete against the Ferrari 488 GTB, which is where the 911 truly belongs in terms of rivalries.

The 991.2 Carrera currently in the game is grouped with sports cars like the 718 Cayman. The 991.2 Turbo S should compete against the Ferrari 488 GTB, which is where the 911 truly belongs in terms of rivalries.

True. The Turbo is a true supercar.

Yes, still part of PP3, just won't come out until a month later. Console users might not see any delay though, I would guess.

That came to my mind, too. I dont expect Vol. 3 on PS4 before the end of january. At that point it should be possible to include the RSR right away.

So they're switching to mid mounted engines in the 911's, that's news to me.

Why have I not heard this anywhere else?

A Little delay on the GT3/GTE car and getting the 911 Turbo for free?
OK call me in...

And thiscould only mean that more Porsches are coming Too probably and that's a good thing if True...

AC could have its problems but nowadays it's the sim with the better list of cars IMHO (and on PC a Amazing modding community)...

Correct on all accounts. The Turbo S is nuts. But the rear-axle steering is also an option on the 991.2 Carrera S like the one that was included in the first pack. I don't know if the Carrera S we got had it or not but I'm guessing it did. So compared to the Carrera S we have, more power, AWD, and a retractable front splitter or "air skirt" as some call it. It'll be more than enough to hold us over.
Yes. The coded in the rear steer system. I can't remember specifics, but they're out there.

A Little delay on the GT3/GTE car and getting the 911 Turbo for free?
OK call me in...

And thiscould only mean that more Porsches are coming Too probably and that's a good thing if True...

AC could have its problems but nowadays it's the sim with the better list of cars IMHO (and on PC a Amazing modding community)...
You must have missed the very first user post which explained that the 911 RSR is not a GT3 spec car. It is GTE. We will be getting their GT3 racing spec car though...It's called the 911 GT3 R.

I'm ok with the wait, I'm really looking forward to comparing the rear engined race cars up against the RSR with it's new mid engined layout and I'd rather them take the time to get it spot on.
Normally I'm not OK with this kind of malarkey. Hearing "take your time and make it better" makes my blood boil after spending a significant portion of my life waiting for GT5. But Porsche probably isn't quite "done" with the real car :lol: so yea, I wouldn't jab them for baking it a little longer.

As for the apology 911 Turbo.. surely we would have received this regardless. It's not like they saw that the RSR was going to miss Pack 3 so they whipped up the 911 Turbo together to make us happy. I wonder what the original plans were for it, and what other models may be lying in reserve?

Now we just need a date on the Pack 2 update for consoles. Hopefully before the holiday :nervous:

As for the apology 911 Turbo.. surely we would have received this regardless. It's not like they saw that the RSR was going to miss Pack 3 so they whipped up the 911 Turbo together to make us happy.
This is a quote from Aristotelis Vasilakos :

You can only immagine when around the end of November with still all the Porche Pack 3 cars open in development, it was clear to us that the RSR couldn't happen in time. With people waiting for it, having already paid for it (people with the Porsche season pass) etc... we were in a dead end. So a decision had to be made. A replacement, cool enough to substitute the 911 RSR, but realistically feasible in a very short amount of time. The 911 Turbo S, seemed a good solution, also requested by the community. Ask Porsche for permission, buy vitamins and energy supplies for the 3DArtists, the sound engineer, the 2D skin artists... (I talk in plural, but as you know, in the end it's the same 2-3 people...) It was a tour de force, one of those moments that you want to close your eyes and just hope for the best. All at the same time as the other cars are being optimized and finalized, while the developers keep pushing to make the console version better and better, while doing submissions to Sony and MS, and while improving PC version core code and new features (you'll see...)

This is a quote from Aristotelis Vasilakos :

You can only immagine when around the end of November with still all the Porche Pack 3 cars open in development, it was clear to us that the RSR couldn't happen in time. With people waiting for it, having already paid for it (people with the Porsche season pass) etc... we were in a dead end. So a decision had to be made. A replacement, cool enough to substitute the 911 RSR, but realistically feasible in a very short amount of time. The 911 Turbo S, seemed a good solution, also requested by the community. Ask Porsche for permission, buy vitamins and energy supplies for the 3DArtists, the sound engineer, the 2D skin artists... (I talk in plural, but as you know, in the end it's the same 2-3 people...) It was a tour de force, one of those moments that you want to close your eyes and just hope for the best. All at the same time as the other cars are being optimized and finalized, while the developers keep pushing to make the console version better and better, while doing submissions to Sony and MS, and while improving PC version core code and new features (you'll see...)
Brilliant. Kunos playing the super hero again:cheers:

Back