Interlagos Is Coming to Project CARS 2

@calvins48; @Ameer67

The news articles here at GTPlanet keep mentioning* that tracks were "laser scanned with drones", but this is not correct.

The method is called Aerial Photogrammetry and it is based on scanning with actual photographs, taken with drones. It has nothing to do with laser technology (although it is said to be as good as laser scanning).

*I say keep mentioning because this is also the title of this news piece.
It's only in the title because it's a part of the quote. ;)

It's only in the title because it's a part of the quote. ;)
But he never said the new tracks were laser scanned with drones; the quote in the article is different to the headline. It's only a small difference but a difference nonetheless.

Nothing wrong with some F1 tracks in there and this is a good fast one, would love to see Canada too!!! But, new games old tracks spring to mind, I hope it's not all the same tracks with a 'few' new ones!

I never knew that Interlagos had a 8km historic version.

SMS are known for giving us some historic tracks so this would be tasty indeed.
Yes, the current layout is not the original layout:

4558.jpg

Did the improvements in 2014 made it better or worse?

There were changes in 2014 ?, Citing from Wikipedia as far as I can tell there were planned redevelopments in 2011/2012 that never came to fruition. Slight edit (pit lane chicane added)

Last edited:
There were changes in 2014 ?, Citing from Wikipedia as far as I can tell there were planned redevelopments in 2011/2012 that never came to fruition. Slight edit (pit lane chicane added)

It seems to have suffered some changes, read it on a couple of places one of them being this website: http://www.racingcircuits.info/south-america/brazil/interlagos.html#.WKNCJhpBqUk

Plans for a new Formula One only pitlane on the Reta Oposta straight were unveiled in 2012, though were finally discounted after circuit bosses feared it might spoil some of the essential character of the track. Instead, a $60 million refurbishment programme was launched, which saw major civil engineering works begin in August 2014 to create a new pitlane entry and exit. The hillside at the back of the Laranjinha was cut away and then built up with a concrete wall, allowing more space above for a revised pit lane entry. At the same time, the track itself was moved a few metres further back to create additional runoff. Despite this change, the offical track length remains unchanged.

Additional run-off was also created at the Senna-S by moving the pitlane exit further back, while further earthworks created more room to the outside of Curva do Sol. The final track change came with the addition of an alternate route at Bico de Pato, possible for use during motorcycle events. The works, including a full track resurfacing, were completed ahead of the Grand Prix in November, with a second phase due to start following the race. This will see the existing pit buildings demolished and new ones built, with increased garage and paddock space.

Not long to go now until Interlagos appears, great stuff!!!

What's will the first car be that you'll take for a run chaps?

How do you know it's coming (soon)?

Just an assumption, as I posted in the DLC thread, it could be coming in the Ferrari Pack, and if not, then a bit of extra content at a later date! It's good to hope, and anyway, we're nearer to having it now than back in Feb '17 when this thread was created. ;)

Just an assumption, as I posted in the DLC thread, it could be coming in the Ferrari Pack, and if not, then a bit of extra content at a later date! It's good to hope, and anyway, we're nearer to having it now than back in Feb '17 when this thread was created. ;)

I think we are getting Fiorano - the Ferrari test track with the next pack. I don't think we are getting Interlagos anytime soon - I believe SMS have done some work on it - I can't remember where I read this, but I am pretty sure Interlagos is not imminent.

I think we are getting Fiorano - the Ferrari test track with the next pack. I don't think we are getting Interlagos anytime soon - I believe SMS have done some work on it - I can't remember where I read this, but I am pretty sure Interlagos is not imminent.

Interesting, hopefully there'll be more DLC after these 4 packs then. I understood that after the 4 packs, no more DLC after, that seeing in Sept the game will be a year old, and for the experience of PC1, DLC stopped after a year (May '15 to May '16). Let's hope there's some nice surprises on the way!

Latest Posts

Back