355PP Lightweight K Cup

United States
Anchorage, AK
nomeite
These are expert level race events using K-cars, microcars that are unique to Japan. Special prizes will be awarded to those achieving 3rd place or higher.

This is an expert level race event for Japanese K-cars. Cars can be tuned up to 355PP and tires are limited to Comfort/Soft or less. If you keep the performance points (PP) of your car low, a "Performance Difference Bonus" will increase the prize credits you receive. For example, a 300PP car will receive approximately double the normal prize.

Period of Availability
2012/09/12 23:00 -

Rome City Course / 3 Laps
1st: Cr.152,600 2nd: Cr.83,930 3rd: Cr.61,040

Grand Valley East Section Reverse / 3 Laps
1st: Cr.144,000 2nd: Cr.79,200 3rd: Cr.57,600

Trial Mountain Circuit / 3 Laps
1st: Cr.191,800 2nd: Cr.105,490 3rd: Cr.76,720

Tokyo Route 246 / 3 Laps
1st: Cr.220,700 2nd: Cr.121,385 3rd: Cr.88,280

Tokyo Bay (Kart) 107A / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.174,400 2nd: Cr.95,920 3rd: Cr.69,760

Prize ticket for winning all events: Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95

Last edited:
The RM Cappuccino is sexy looking, I also like the fact that it bears more sponsor decals than most race modded cars.

Easily won Grand Valley, $545,566 with a Daihatsu Copen Active Top 02 @ 306PP, 70 hp, thats with 200kg ballast and 50% power.

Just ran the Tokyo Bay (Kart) track with a Cappuccino (EA21R) at 290PP, 52hp and 848kg. Won just over 762,000 credits, and I know I can lower the PP a little more. With laps under one minute each this should add the credits up easily

Can't get anywhere near the leader at the Kart track, even at 355PP. 11 sec's behind.

Will try another car.

They appear to have gone from one extreme to another..got up at 8am, cup of tea, switch on ps3 , check seasonals, load up Cappuccino '91, gold all 5 races, 9:15am job done....1:15mins inc breakfast stop after trial mountain, I guess next job will be drop the pp down a fair way. Good fun before work though.

Last edited:
Just ran the Tokyo Bay (Kart) track with a Cappuccino (EA21R) at 290PP, 52hp and 848kg. Won just over 762,000 credits, and I know I can lower the PP a little more. With laps under one minute each this should add the credits up easily

Well done gnome....cant wait to try that.Kart track at 290 eh....i couldnt go under 345 PP!!!
Just won tokyo at 294 PP
(wonders if EH will upset the establishment)

If you get the Cappuccino '95 out front, on certain tracks, it can be a bit of a ... well, not a "rabbit," exactly, but its ears are long-ish and it doesn't mind holes in the ground.

Excellent, I really like the Kei cars. Going to have to try my old favourite 'Z', though it can struggle against the Cappuccinos. Looks like most of the tracks favour a bit more power.

Last edited:
Would the Honda Z Act be competitive in this event ?

I shall being giving it a go, though it has low weight (even for a Kei car) and obviously the pp system seems to give a lot of bias to weight compared with power so I'll go full power upgrade I think. Even so I expect Tokyo will be hopeless, and Rome and GVE might be a struggle.

me too if u can find a good car under 70hp let me know thank you im stuck on kart track grrr.

thank you

Can't get anywhere near the leader at the Kart track, even at 355PP. 11 sec's behind.

Will try another car.

me too if u can find a good car under 70hp let me know thank you im stuck on kart track grrr.

thank you

I used the Suzuki Kei WORKS ’02 at 320pp for all 5 races, and won four easily, and the kart track on last lap.

I did notice that if a midget starts race in first place you dont get a lone car disappearing off into distance, so if you are finding any event tricky i suggest just keep entering until you get the midget in first.

Jonny

Won all the races with with two cars today, the Daihatsu OFC-1 Concept ’07 and the Honda BEAT Version F ’92, both with between 286PP and 296PP for all races, had to give the Kart track a couple of tries though, didn't make it with the Cappuccino in front...
Have to try other cars and lower PP this weekend :-)

(By the way, also won a Viper GTS for a 1000ticket while racing today, last was a Mugen S2000, guess I've been lucky with theese *biggrin*)

I tried using a Cappucino (EA21R) '95 and couldn't figure out how to spec it (it was still too slow) so, luckily, I had a Copen '02 that I was able to tweak and win with on all races.

This is my Bronze.5 Ghetto Controller driver Daihatsu Copen Detachable Top '02 spec:

PP: 355
Weight: 758 kg
Max Power: 79 HP/5100rpm
Torque: 100ft-lb/3700rpm

Body: Weight reduction stage 1; window weight reduction
Engine: ECU Tuning, Stage 1 Tuning, Power Limiter set to 355 PP
Intake: Sports Manifold and Racing Air Filter
Exhaust: Sports Manifold, Sports Catalytic, Titanium Racing
Turbo: None
Transmission: 1st through 4th gear (All fully left), 5th Gear: Set to 1.000; Final Gear: 5.545, Top Speed: 118
Drive Train: Clutch - Twin; Flywheel - SemiRacing; Std Differential
Suspension & Brakes: Default
Tires: Comfort: Soft

Easy-Mode Spoiler: Do not allow any Cappucinos to enter the races.

Disclaimer: Tuning newb; I only know that if setting gears all the way to the right don't work, I slide them the other way, and see if that works.

The Cervo people may have from the past Kei seasonal grind from yesteryear makes a great candidate. I tried to lower the PP as much as possible to stay competitive (i'm at 329 or so) and its keeping pace rather well. I'm just glad i tuned the transmission for the older kei races, the 7 speed auto in a 60 BHP car is a pain to hit the right torque curves. I'm having trouble finding the new powerband, the graph says it all happens in the early RPMs, but shifting early tends to lead to nothing.

Back