Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
CSL-E-RW-PS4-Main01-1000x666.png

PC/PS4/XBOX ONE READY

Officially licensed for PS4™

As an official licenced racing wheel, it will be used as a reference during game development. The license ensures the peripheral is fully tested and is supported in the menu of the PS4™ system.

CSL-E-RW-PS4-S02b.png

ClubSport technology
This racing wheel is using advanced and highly praised ClubSport technology. The servo motor, electronics and power supply come straight from its high-end brother. This makes the force feedback far superior.

CSL-E-RW-PS4-S03b.png

It's all about realism
The lightweight metal rim (970 g) has a realistic diameter of 30cm (11,81”). The perforated genuine leather grips and suede fabric will impress your hands while the durable shifter paddles provide a strong click feeling thanks to snapdomes.

CSL-E-RW-PS4-M02.png

Single drive: power and precision
The powerful brushless servo motor combined with the single belt drive deliver impressively detailed and strong force feedback, with ultra-smooth feeling and big ball bearings for lowest friction. Our DirectSensor™ technology utilizes a sensor mounted directly on the steering axis, keeping the steering input precise by preventing any influences or disturbances from the belt drive.

CSL-E-RW-PS4-S03a.gif

Telemetry glory

See what is going on with rev lights on the base, an illuminated centre stripe and the integrated 3 digit LED screen to show you important car and race data.

CSL-E-RW-PS4-S03b.gif

Tweak it!
The famous Fanatec® Tuning display allows you to change many important settings like force feedback strengths, steering angle and even brake sensitivity during racing and independent from the game. You can save 5 different setting profiles and quickly change in between.

The most advanced Eco-System
If you go Fanatec you enter a world of unlimited flexibility and variety. The already high performance level of this racing wheel can even be upgraded with factory options like full size steering wheels, full metal shifters or the legendary loadcell pedals. Of course, all upgrades come with full warranty and no need for DIY skills.

CSL-E-RW-PS4-S01b.png

Exchangeable button caps
The button caps can be changed easily to racing style button caps, with symbols that match the most popular functions you need during a race. Attachable PlayStation®4 button caps for optional ClubSport steering wheels are included as well.

CSL-E-RW-PS4-S02c.png

Analogue handbrake support
Powerslide through the corners with the help of the optional analogue handbrake. The first and only racing wheel on PS4™ with this option.

Features
  • Ultra-strong brushless servo motor which delivers up to 6Nm of torque on the steering axis
  • Single belt drive unit with ultra-low lag and cogging, and big ball bearings for lowest friction
  • DirectSensor™ on the steering axis to prevent influences of the belt drive on the position sensor
  • Very fast steering wheel acceleration - ideal for drifting
  • 1080° of rotation which can be adjusted in the tuning menu of the attached steering wheel
  • Integrated rev light bar in the wheel base
  • Choose from a growing selection of very realistic steering wheels in many different styles
  • Quick Release system to allow for the easy exchange of steering wheels within seconds, also during gameplay
  • Supports vibration motors in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model). The included steering wheel does not come with vibration motors.
  • Table clamp included. Thickness range of the table board/desktop that the table clamp is able to lock is 1,0 to 6,0 cm
  • Firmware can be updated with new features
  • Motor driver firmware can also be updated
  • Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate
  • Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel
  • Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories
  • Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake
  • Steering wheel with realistic size (Ø30cm/11,81")
  • Very low steering wheel weight of only 970 g for fast acceleration and fidelity
  • RevStripe™ in wheel rim, which is a combined centrestripe and a revmeter, using a multicolour LED
  • Three digits LED display smoothly integrated to wheel rim below the RevStripe™, featuring telemetry data like speed or gears to be displayed by games or third-party software
  • Wheel rim with perforated genuine leather, suede fabric and cross-stitched seam
  • Completely redesigned, durable shifter paddles with intensive Snapdome click feeling
  • Brushed aluminium spokes with fibre enforced back cover
  • Buttons with PS4™ symbols, exchangeable by included racing style button caps
  • Tuning functions* with LED display of the steering wheel to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay
    • Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
    • Adjust sensitivity independent from the game. Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel from 90° to 1080°
    • Adjust force feedback strength during game play
    • Adjustment for vibration intensity in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model). The vibration motors can be used by a game directly or by the ABS function
    • Simulate ABS vibration in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model) and on pedals with rumble motor like the ClubSport Pedals V3 by setting a starting point at % of brake input
    • Advanced Drift Mode can add a natural damper to avoid oscillation or a negative damper which will speed up the wheel.
    • Customize the force feedback sensations by changing the spring, force effects and dampening forces
    • Adjust the brake force sensitivity of compatible loadcell pedals like the ClubSport Pedals V3 or the CSL Elite Pedals LC
    • * Tuning functions are subject to change.
Compatibility

Peripherals:

• Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake (direct connection to wheel base)
  • All Fanatec ClubSport steering wheels
  • All Fanatec CSL and CSL Elite steering wheels
  • All Fanatec ClubSport, CSR, CSR Elite, CSL and CSL Elite Pedals (adapter cables might be required)
  • All Fanatec CSL and ClubSport Shifters (two shifters simultaneously)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles
  • Mounting on cockpits and wheel stands: 3 hard-mount points on the bottom of the wheel base. Please refer to the drilling template in the download section for the hole pattern and distances. The hole pattern is identical with the ClubSport Wheel Bases without the angle adapter (3 hard-mount holes). Please take note that the CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4™ version) hole pattern is NOT compatible to the discontinued CSL Seat.
  • Please note: Compatibilities to all peripherals except CSL Elite Pedals are not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Platforms:

• PlayStation® systems: This product is fully compatible to the PlayStation®4 system on all games which are supporting this wheel. This includes popular titles like GT Sport, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, DiRT 4 and many more. Please find a list of compatible games here.
  • Xbox® systems: The compatibility of the wheel base to Xbox One® (incl. Scorpio) can be achieved with (optional) Fanatec steering wheels with Xbox One® compatibility. Xbox One® compatibility not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
  • PC: This racing wheel is compatible with PC on all major racing games. PC compatibility not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.

Special Notes
  • IMPORTANT: Before use, please connect the product to a PC, download the latest driver and then update the firmware of the wheel. This assures latest compatibilities and newest features.
  • This racing wheel contains a wheel base and a steering wheel that are not available for sale separately. This product comes as a set, delivered as separate products for assembly.
  • Pedals not included. Please use the product configurator to configure your system.
  • Table clamp included. You can also mount it with screws to a cockpit or wheel stand (see drilling template in download section).
  • No hard-mount screws included. Please read the manual for information about qualified screws.
  • To connect discontinued Fanatec Pedals with PS/2 Socket like CSP V1/V2 or CSR, you need the additional PS/2 to RJ12 cable
Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racin...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Remove the two bolts(in red) from the blocks and use the three holes(in green) to hard mount the base:

монтиране.png

Last edited:
https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racin...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

And it's Xbox One ready! This is an all in one solution for all my gaming needs. Who wants to buy a Fanatec Clubsport V2 off me!

Nice. Looking good. Only thing is you have to buy pedals extra if you don't already have compatible pedals already but I believe that is customary with Fanatec products.
At least we now have an officially compatible PS4 Fanatec wheel and base as an option. Amen to that.

@PzR Slim looks like you were right on the buttons, the whole thing comes out rather than the caps on the XB1 Universal Hub, still not sure that can be classed as never done before though.

The wording is very interesting on the site
"compatibility not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc." for both PC and XB1 presumably meaning it can't be officially supported in any game?

I'm wondering how that will work, does it go into a different mode so that it's detected as an ordinary CSL-E, seems like something Sony could demand they block?

Other clubsport wheels are compatible though which is good news as it gives another option to people wanting an F1/open wheel rim besides Thrustmaster.

I went and looked at Fanatec's blog before coming back.

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categ...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

For those who are about to light torches and grab pitchforks due to my last post; please don't. I already have those words boiling right now and, I am making a dipping sauce to go along with them. I call the dish "Crow". LOL.

With this announcement, I am now confused. Will this sell along side the CSL Elite base or will it replace it eventually?

While I am glad to see the wheel can now spin quick, just like the CSW V2, I am concerned about the lessened strength; although, Fanatec just killed my interests in the CSW v2 with that.

Speaking of stepping on the CSW V2.5's toes, the new CSL Elite's price... 500 Euros. Yikes! So in a sense, Fanatec's choice to make this a CSW Lite makes some sense....

The Wheel Base
The base looks obviously very similar to our CSL Elite Wheel base, but there are some significant differences.
  • As this is an officially licensed product we added some electronics provided by Sony and this ensures that the racing wheel is properly recognized by the console
  • The motor tor driver electronics are completely different to the CSL Elite Wheel Base and the same as on the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5.
  • The motor itseld and the power supply is also identical to the CS WB V2.5 but because of the diffferent gear ratio, this wheel base has less torque but more speed.
Now why didn't Fanatec chose a different name for the wheelbase since it's an upgrade over the older CSL Elite?

They improved the base in a lot of areas. The price makes sense but if someone like myself; who isn't looking for a PlayStation compatible base, I don't know if I'd get this base.

I noticed something I overlooked. The CSW base goes for 550 Euros. With the Xbox P1 wheel that would cost 650 Euros. That's a signifigant difference. Sorry, that slipped by me on the first edits.

Last edited:
So it looks like it's not available in the USA at all so far. Also, is this on par with the CSW V2 and 2.5? The Blog says the same electronics minus some torque from what is on the V2.5

From a member on the Fanatec blog.

I've beta tested this product and it's AWESOME!!!!! My V2 has become my no 2 wheelbase. This baby is here to stay. No more drag, enough detailed feel. And in AC on ps4 the Rev lightning used is truly fabulous. Base lights are used and when over revving the red light on PS rim lights up. And even the speed is seen on the ps wheel display. Switching trough the different wheel modes is possible on the fly, so you don't need the controller to go back to PS home, to... For example close game application or go to chat party. Just press mode button and your good. Nothing but positive things about this wheel. And also, the ps wheel is much much more comfortable as the P1 wheel

Very tempted!

Based on what I've read on the BLOG this base and wheel looks to be VERY promising! Sweet!! Looks to be a CSW V2/2.5 under a new hood with some tweaked gearing for console users. Definitely on my to buy list once it's released for the US market. =)

I was looking at the prices on Fanatec's official Brazilian site and Oh my God... it's too expansive, the Porsche 918 rim costs R$ 3.110,00, on US it is U$ 963,86, for a RIM!!

Holy Moly... a set with a base, pedals and rim costs only U$ 2.800... so cheap!!

From a member on the Fanatec blog.

"I've beta tested this product and it's AWESOME!!!!! My V2 has become my no 2 wheelbase. This baby is here to stay. No more drag, enough detailed feel. And in AC on ps4 the Rev lightning used is truly fabulous. Base lights are used and when over revving the red light on PS rim lights up. And even the speed is seen on the ps wheel display. Switching trough the different wheel modes is possible on the fly, so you don't need the controller to go back to PS home, to... For example close game application or go to chat party. Just press mode button and your good. Nothing but positive things about this wheel. And also, the ps wheel is much much more comfortable as the P1 wheel"

Very tempted!

Well that settles that.

Seems like a worthy replacement to the CSP V2. I would really like to see how Fanatec approach their DD wheel. Also, reading on the blog that pedals/peripherals other than the CSL Elite pedals may not be compatible with PS4 games... is a bit concerning.

Not saying this is a bad product but I really don't trust any sim hardware reviews by testers or non testers. There is too much bias. I cannot recall the last time seeing a really overly negative review of any sim hardware. Just seems buyers don't want to feel like they wasted a few thousand dollars given how expensive these things are and testers don't want to say anything negative because they want to be the manufacturers best friend. It is not like games, where they they cost ~$50 and you can say bad/good and not feel like you wasted money but if you just purchased a $1000 pedal/wheel are you really going to say you regret it to make yourself feel bad? Don't think so. Probably the only place I have seen "close to" subjective reviews would be simracing garage because that guy looks like he has enough money that it doesn't matter or not his made a bad purchase.

Overall, I would say to those quoting testers reviews etc to really think about it before jumping in...are those reviews really the ones you want to read?

Not saying this is a bad product but I really don't trust any sim hardware reviews by testers or non testers. There is too much bias. I cannot recall the last time seeing a really overly negative review of any sim hardware. Just seems buyers don't want to feel like they wasted a few thousand dollars given how expensive these things are and testers don't want to say anything negative because they want to be the manufacturers best friend. It is not like games, where they they cost ~$50 and you can say bad/good and not feel like you wasted money but if you just purchased a $1000 pedal/wheel are you really going to say you regret it to make yourself feel bad? Don't think so. Probably the only place I have seen "close to" subjective reviews would be simracing garage because that guy looks like he has enough money that it doesn't matter or not his made a bad purchase.

Overall, I would say to those quoting testers reviews etc to really think about it before jumping in...are those reviews really the ones you want to read?
Yeah I also like the reviews made by simracing garage, thanks to him I went all in when I decided to upgrade my Fanatec V2.
After watching both of the reviews for the Leo bodnar wheels V1 and V2 along with the comparison video of the Accuforce vs OSW vs the Leo bodnar wheel, I decided to grab the Leo 54 system as my last wheel ever since I will probably die before the 54 motor does, lol YOLO right

I was looking at the prices on Fanatec's official Brazilian site and Oh my God... it's too expansive, the Porsche 918 rim costs R$ 3.110,00, on US it is U$ 963,86, for a RIM!!

Holy Moly... a set with a base, pedals and rim costs only U$ 2.800... so cheap!!

What website are you referring to? We do not have an official Brazilian site.

Seems like a worthy replacement to the CSP V2. I would really like to see how Fanatec approach their DD wheel. Also, reading on the blog that pedals/peripherals other than the CSL Elite pedals may not be compatible with PS4 games... is a bit concerning.

This sentence is a legal requirement of Sony. It just means that Sony did not test those peripherals. Of course we have tested them and they work fine.

This sentence is a legal requirement of Sony. It just means that Sony did not test those peripherals. Of course we have tested them and they work fine.
Could they demand you remove support for certain products in a firmware update like they did with PS3/PS4 support on the CSW V2 or would that only happen if you say wanted "supported" PS4 pedals or PS4 F1 rim?

Seems a bit stupid they would single out the CSL pedals when they aren't platform specific too.

Could they demand you remove support for certain products in a firmware update like they did with PS3/PS4 support on the CSW V2 or would that only happen if you say wanted "supported" PS4 pedals or PS4 F1 rim?

Seems a bit stupid they would single out the CSL pedals when they aren't platform specific too.

They can demand anything because it is their platform but if they do then other manufacturers would have the same problem.

Question is can we use the Wheel on the GT Sport BETA? I'm looking to purchase asap pending this info. Also with Dirt 4 round the corner I'm sure they'll update their compatibility list soon?

When you say compatibility with Xbox One with XB1 steering wheels. Does that mean, the Universal Hub for Xbox One will work on this. Or will I need the CSL Steering Wheel P1 for the Xbox?

When you say compatibility with Xbox One with XB1 steering wheels. Does that mean, the Universal Hub for Xbox One will work on this. Or will I need the CSL Steering Wheel P1 for the Xbox?

Universal hub will work too, based on the product description on their website..

Compatibility

Wheel Bases:

• ClubSport Wheel Base V2
  • ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
  • CSL Elite Wheel Base
  • CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™
Platforms:

• Xbox One®: If connected with this steering wheel, the above mentioned wheel bases will be compatible to Xbox One.
  • PC and other Platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheel bases will remain unchanged.

Fanatec...
Hello Mr.Jackermeier
Very interesting wheel!
I have one question:
Is there a ball bearings on the electric motor/belt tensioners axis?
Because there is significant friction in these places with this construction.
Thanks in advance!

Fanatec...
Hello Mr.Jackermeier
Very interesting wheel!
I have one question:
Is there a ball bearings on the electric motor/belt tensioners axis?
Because there is significant friction in these places with this construction.
Thanks in advance!

On the tensioners we use glide bearings as there are no horizontal or lateral forces like we have on the steering system.

The single belt drive already helps a lot to reduce drag and slack.

What website are you referring to? We do not have an official Brazilian site.

That's true, i was having a better look at it and on "about us" of the site it says that it's not official, so, my bad! :ouch:
The CSL Elite for Xbox is in a good price range on this site, i'll wait a little bit and see if they put the PS4 version too on sale.
The rim and pedals i can find in good prices on used market so, let's wait and see.

Edit: The site is so well built that looks a official one, but it's a guy who brings all you need from Fanatec here to Brazil, made some research and a lot of people bought from him.

That's totally true, i never saw a big channel on youtube talking about the reliability problems of the T300, and as a owner of this wheel, who had problem, and ALL my friends who own too, had some kind of problem too, i found very interesting, not one single mention about it's problems.

Latest Posts

Back