Fanatec Drops Details on Upcoming Direct Drive Wheel Base

Crap, news come 3 weeks too late for me, since I got overhyped about all the DD videos and reviews I was watching and bought myself a Leo bodnar 54 system, hopefully Fanatec atleast makes some stand alone wheel rims with buttons for other DD wheels with quick disconnects.

Crap, news come 3 weeks too late for me, since I got overhyped about all the DD videos and reviews I was watching and bought myself a Leo bodnar 54 system, hopefully Fanatec atleast makes some stand alone wheel rims with buttons for other DD wheels with quick disconnects.

Fanatec has improved their new product development processes, but jumping onboard with the launch of a new platform is always dicey.

Going with a proven platform now is not a bad move.

Fanatec has improved their new product development processes, but jumping onboard with the launch of a new platform is always dicey.

Going with a proven platform now is not a bad move.
Yeah, the smart money may be on getting a gently used v2.5 from an early adopter to the latest and greatest.

I've been waiting for this news. It's exciting, but I am also leary of new tech. This may release right about the time I'm in the market to buy, but even if I'm ready to jump to a wheel sooner I probably won't be too upset to go with the tried and true.

Despite Fanatec doing DD your Leo Bodnar will still be head and shoulders above it, so don't worry. :)

Despite Fanatec doing DD your Leo Bodnar will still be head and shoulders above it, so don't worry. :)
I know the bodnar is the top dog according to the reviews but I meant that I could have saved a few dollars on the wheel system itself and the conversion of the CS rims, but that was my cheap side talking,lol

It seems they will soon showcase this wheel, it's looking like a good wheel set, their own motors with different torque, and power inside the base to make it look good without the big wires. With new qr system and the ability to use current CS wheel rims at lower torque settings when th base detects them, hopefully they will work with the upcoming PS5 since they the first gen won't be PS4 compatible

Back