Jaguar Unveils Its Most Powerful Production Car Ever: Project 8

AudiMan2011

Scottish
Contributing Writer
Scotland
GTPlanet
Street-King-07
Quattro Saltire
New XE SV Project 8 is in development as the most powerful Jag ever.
xe-p8-838.jpg
xe-p8-836.jpg

591hp supercharged 5.0 V8, AWD.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...roject-8-brand’s-most-powerful-road-model-yet

AWD :(

I would preferred a RWD competitor to the M3/C63/Giulia with a more powerful version of the V6.

It'll be too much, I think this is seen as more as an M5 rival now.

Too powerful to be a BMW M3 rival, too hardcore to be an M5 rival. I think its closest competitor is the Lexus GS F.

Oh hey, another limited-run track toy that will be immediately squirreled away in collectors' garages and never once driven in anger. Yay...?

They really should have left the funky graffiti camo on though.

Why does Jaguar keep going with supercharging? I remember Audi S series line up having super charging but they went the way of turbos too.

Wait, wait, wait... Four door sedan without rear seats? Wouldn't it have been better (and made more sense) if this was an F-Type? Or will it be a coupe?

Did you not see the two versions of the car? Which @Famine just posted a quote, a few posts back on this very page because a couple members are confused. The article lays out all the details and even before that we have images showing the more aggressive two seater version.

Last edited:
It's not a Challenger Demon.

I don't understand all the negative thoughts with the Demon.

I do understand that if you were able to hammer it down a quarter mile run, you'd step out and say holy $#@* that was fast with a smile on your face.

Regardless if it's just a pony show for mopar, let's move on from the politics of it's creation and just appreciate the car for what it is.

Did you not see the two versions of the car? Which @Famine just posted a quote a few posts back on this very page because a couple members are confused. The article lays out all the details and even before that we have images showing the more aggressive two seater version.
Umm... I did now:dunce: I didn't even realize the rear seats were missing from that pic. I feel retarded now:lol:

Did this car really have to be limited production?
Yes, because it helps to preserve its exclusivity and uniqueness. (Translation: The less of them there are, the more likely we'll sell them to people who want an "investment" and not an actual thing to drive.)

I partly agree with what @Clark said a while back, in that I'd have personally preferred it with a highly up-rated version of the V6, as that would sound brilliant.

Otherwise, don't know why, but the 4WD surprises me (in a good way), and at the end of the day, even with the V8, it's still just as spectacular/bonkers.

Back