Andy Tudor: Gran Turismo and Forza Are Playing Catch Up With Project CARS 2

#graphicsainteverything ;)

I understand many people have PS4s, but how many will use the PSVR feature? I'm in the minority with an XBONE, is it really a deal breaker?

Last edited:
#graphicsainteverything ;)

I understand many people have PS4s, but how may will use the PSVR feature? I'm in the minority with an XBONE, is it really a deal breaker?
if it worked fully for each game it would be a big seller for some games,.... but since a lot of games only have a single mode for the vr, i do not think it is a deal breaker.

If PC2 was fully compatible i would not even blink a eye and get one straight away...

Until I see the game running smoothly on (base) consoles and being playable on controllers without having to tinker with settings, I will perceive pCARS 2 as the title playing catch-up with the likes of Gran Turismo and Forza.

even in GT VR is only a mode,... not the full game....
Maybe next generation there will be decent VR support :cheers:
Driveclub managed a full game version for VR - so technically we shouldn't need to wait until the next-gen along. I suppose though at this stage, it's more of a developer choice inasmuch as what gets the support and what does not.

Frankly, to me the PC2 comment did sound quite arrogant, considering PC specs were those being quoted mostly.

Being coy does nothing to help the Project Cars series. I've played Project Cars on the PC and if the sequel is anything like what I've experienced then it'll be Project Cars 2 playing catch-up, not Gran Turismo and Forza.

None story. Each franchise is playing catch up in some respects. GTS has a lighting engine that the other two need to catch up to. FM7 has a car roster that the other two can only dream of and PC2 has a time and weather progression system with Livetrack 3.0 that would be wonderful to see in all three. So he's right GT and FM are playing catch up but then so is Project Cars.

Until I see the game running smoothly on (base) consoles and being playable on controllers without having to tinker with settings, I will perceive pCARS 2 as the title playing catch-up with the likes of Gran Turismo and Forza.

Some of the recent videos approved by SMS have been used with a controller!

None story. Each franchise is playing catch up in some respects. GTS has a lighting engine that the other two need to catch up to. FM7 has a car roster that the other two can only dream of and PC2 has a time and weather progression system with Livetrack 3.0 that would be wonderful to see in all three. So he's right GT and FM are playing catch up but then so is Project Cars.

It's this ultimately. I don't think he was being arrogant, it's perfectly valid as PzR Slim points out. I'm sure he knows it'll be sensationalised as them saying Forza/GT are way behind, but so what, it drives publicity and he didn't actually say anything misleading.

Hmmmm... I wonder if the PSVR is a difficult platform to work with or maybe Sony is just making it really hard for SMS to use it (licensing, etc.). It would be in Sony's interests to have the only VR racing experience on consoles to be DC and GT Sport.

Granturismo is playing catch up with everything just as Project cars is playing catch up with Assetto Corsa.
Keep improving, keep getting better, we're loving it.
I think GT wouldn't be playing catch up if their releases weren't so few and far between.

Their lighting engine seems to be the best in the business though.

Just a quick one here, each have their positives and negatives! PC you can extend the list from GT//Forza/Assetto Corsa. I think the major thing with Project CARS 1, that was a killer to a lot of people was the whole FFB setup.:banghead: But, It can be a very desirable game with FFB adjusted. Ian has touched on the new FFB system for Project CARS 2. 👍

Last edited:
Hmmmm... I wonder if the PSVR is a difficult platform to work with or maybe Sony is just making it really hard for SMS to use it (licensing, etc.). It would be in Sony's interests to have the only VR racing experience on consoles to be DC and GT Sport.
PS4 is very old now, if you consider that it didn't have great specs when it launched, you can see how weak it is. If PSVR required PS4 Pro then there would be a chance for more games to use it, but that would limit the market a lot and Sony would not do that. I guess it's cool they launched VR when they did, but one might argue they should have waited until PS5.

SMS are some of the most arrogant cockwomble devs to ever dev, and for the most part they really aren't deserving of such attitude

Each game has its strong parts. I think if we picked Forza's car list, GT Sport's graphical fidelity, Assetto's physics, pCARS 2's track list and Live Track system and, in addition, NFS 2015's visual modifications, we would have a perfect game.
and raceroom racing experience's sounds

So to him these are the reasons why PCars is ahead of its competition? HAHA! Resolution and Dynamic weather.

Pretty sure that is the first thing everyone looks for when choosing a car game!

I lost all respect for them. It's just the arrogant way they said it. I hope PCars 2 fails :lol:

Granturismo is playing catch up with everything just as Project cars is playing catch up with Assetto Corsa.
Keep improving, keep getting better, we're loving it.
I think Assetto Corsa is junk. Played it for maybe 30 minutes the day it came out. Wasted my money. Deleted it.

So to him these are the reasons why PCars is ahead of its competition? HAHA! Resolution and Dynamic weather.

Pretty sure that is the first thing everyone looks for when choosing a car game!

I lost all respect for them. It's just the arrogant way they said it. I hope PCars 2 fails :lol:
Technically advanced, right? Those are technical things, so technically they are advanced.

Hoping titles fail doesn't do anyone any good, unless you don't like racing games.

I don't mind a bit of fighting talk if I'm honest. The most exciting period in the video game industry was when SEGA and Nintendo went toe-to-toe in the Mega Drive/SNES era.

Even recently, when the Xbox One had that absolute bomb of a reveal, PlayStation pretty much won the follow up show by showing this video:

That being said, if the noise is just coming from one company it isn't as fun! :lol:

giphy.gif

Back