Does This Nissan GT Sport Teaser Feature a New Circuit?

It's a yes and no for me. No, that it is the Tokyo Expressway's alrenate course layout, but yes, it is a new course never seen in previews.

For anyone wondering, my reasoning to this is based on the update on the Tokyo Expressway course we already know. It has received a layout name for its configuration called 'Central Outer Loop'. The course was modified in the 1.05 beta patch to even feature new props and an altered pit lane. Tokyo Expressway may have more than one layout that is indirectly linked to the current race track we know, similar to the theories that Special Stage Route 5, 7, 11, and X are connected.

I am guessing this new course is based on the Shutoko Route 1 'Yokohane' line, but if we connect the tunnel footage found in the E3 2017 trailer, it should be connected to the Wangan or C2 line as well.

This is the same portion of the course shown in the Theme Music Trailer last month. To me it is an alternate layout of Tokyo Expressway. For me the tram gives it away, along with all the other footage we have seen with the tram in what appears to be all the same assets as used in Tokyo Expressway.
Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 12.43.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 12.47.34 PM.png

I'm pretty sure it's just another layout of the Tokyo Expressway course. Though, Clubman Stage Route 5 could be a possibility along with SSR5. The SSR courses seem to be based on Tokyo highways, so it's possible that PD as a change decided to add the SSR tracks back, but give them new names as alternate layouts of Tokyo. Though, that's just my speculation.

The more I look at it the more I start thinking that the SSR tracks are linked to the Tokyo Express Way routes. The Nissan shot shows the tram in the right hand part of the screen but in the music trailer they go left after the uphill and the Nissan clearly goes right. So it could be SSR related.

edit: after some more analysis....:lol:

@ 1:43 exact point of Nissan in the music video (uphill corner to the right)
@ 1:49 another loop in TEW as pointed out by @Gr4ndy (uphill corner to the left)
@ 2:33 could be the exit from the tunnel onto the main straight of SSR5
@ 2:35 could be the main straight itself

So is that SSR5 or have we now seen 3 variations already from TEW?

@Brend Thanks for taking a clear shot of that corner 👍

Last edited:
I remember a similar article and conversation when the Alpine VGT was revealed because of a 3 second clip from the release trailer.

The more I look at it the more I start thinking that the SSR tracks are linked to the Tokyo Express Way routes.

Well technically they should be, since SSR7 is based on the Tokyo C1 highway-loop.

To me it looks a little like one of the offramps on SSR7, the walls made me think this on the highway below.

The SSR courses seem to be based on Tokyo highways, so it's possible that PD as a change decided to add the SSR tracks back, but give them new names as alternate layouts of Tokyo. Though, that's just my speculation.

The road signs in Central Outer Loop indicate that course is following the 'R2' route, even though the course is obviously inspired by C1 and the city locations on the street signs. I assume the course was supposed to be titled 'Special Stage Route 2' or SSR2, but they've dropped the SSR series and gave it a name that reflected the course inspiration instead.

Back