These Best Motoring Videos are the Most Gran Turismo Things You'll Watch Today

I know to some it might sound like sacrilege mentioning this here since it becomes tiring mentioning these two games series in the same breath, but the video I posted on this thread inspired me when I used to play Forza Motorsport 4 with Xbox Live subscription, to create my own JDM races at Tsukuba or Suzuka. I would select a starting grid of an RX-7 FD (my favorite choice of car to race with), NSX, R33 GT-R, Supra, 3000GT, Evo VI and 22B STi. In car cockpit view and hud turned off. And sometimes add a 300ZX, MR2 and Silvia S15 to the mix. All in a different variety of colors so they were easily identifiable during replays and group shots. They were some of the most fun races I had against cpu cars. My favorite type of cars on two of my most favorite tracks.

Still own a Xbox 360 and FM4. Just a shame I need a Xbox Live subscription to do this again.:(

Last edited:
You wouldn't believe how many times Best Motoring videos are brought up in my 3000GT/Stealth circles showing how we can apparently hang with the GTRs, Supras, RX7s, and NSXs. To my eyes it shows that's clearly false. Even the MR version of the GTO can't hang.

For a moment, i thought that @SVX wrote this. Ops.

But really, i always remember Best Motoring as "Gran Turismo" in real life just like how others described here. I remember that you could even watch best motoring on the Gran Turismo TV feature in Gran Turismo 5 and 5 Prologue if i'm not wrong back then.

00_GTTVtop.jpg

upload_2017-8-6_8-5-38.png

I wonder if there's any translation of these videos tho?

For a moment, i thought that @SVX wrote this. Ops.

Hah, I guess it does seem like something I'd write about.

I wonder if there's any translation of these videos tho?

From 2000 onwards, there was an international version of Best MOTORing. English narrator, translations, etc. Quite a few that are on YouTube already.

YouTube user miroshi also has a lot of older content (though mainly consisting of Honda features) which are all translated.

SVX
Hah, I guess it does seem like something I'd write about.

From 2000 onwards, there was an international version of Best MOTORing. English narrator, translations, etc. Quite a few that are on YouTube already.

YouTube user miroshi also has a lot of older content (though mainly consisting of Honda features) which are all translated.
Yep. The same English dub translator, did the commentating on Iron Chef as well

All those Tsukuba videos are exactly what Gran Turismo is and should always be. These ones are my favourites since the cars are bit beyond the standard "JDM YO" stereotypes that have been ruined by the backwards hat brigade.

(and there's a really great one with all the early 90s kei hatchbacks I can't find right now)

And of course

GT Sport is completely the wrong direction for the series. There's plenty of other games for racing the same boring race cars around the same boring tracks in the same realistic way (which GT can't do as well as most of the newer games). GT should be all about fun races in obscure street cars that could never happen in real life (except on Best Motoring) and now Forza has that niche all to itself. Even though it'll never have all the amazing JDM classics.

My personal favorite episode has always been:

Seeing Keiichi skoot his NSX-R around is awe-inspiring. I agree with the GT resemblance - fondly takes me back to my GT5/6 days:.

Heck yes! i loved when we got the Spoon Fit in GT.

The best thing about BMI videos, it's where I got my suspension tuning from. The Touge 200 races allowed me to pick up the spring rates. Also weight reduction and engine power. My favorite car to set up was the MR-S.

Almost forgot S2000 tuning as well

Last edited:
I would love to see all of these classic Super GT cars and the modern ones as well in one of todays racing sims. I guess there are licensing issues but i think game devs should give the Super GT some recognition, same goes for the DTM.

This has instantly become my favorite thread on GTPlanet as it about one of my favourite series of videos. Kinda jealous I didn't suggest it myself in the first place now, but love the fact that GT bought Best Motoring to the attention of some of us outside of Japan.

This video may not feature many cars from the GT series but it still features Suzuka and some all time classic vehicles.

And I will not have a debate or argument about it. The F1 derived V12 on a certain car with aftermarket exhausts is the best sounding road car EVER! Hands down! I won't even reply to comments stating the contrary.

Last edited:
And I will not have a debate or argument about it. The F1 derived V12 on a certain car with aftermarket exhausts is the best sounding road car EVER! Hands down! I won't even reply to comments stating the contrary.
I agree. That F40 sounds awesome. :D

I agree. That F40 sounds awesome. :D

Grrrr....:mad:

Actually I cannot even get angry. As the F40 has a turbo charged V8 twin turbo.:D

Having said that, the Diablo's V12 is also amazing to hear. Just the F50's brings tears to this grown man's eyes and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Last edited:
Grrrr....:mad:

Actually I cannot even get angry. As the F40 has a turbo charged V8 twin turbo.:D

Having said that, the Diablo's V12 is also amazing to hear. Just the F50's brings tears to this grown man's eyes and I am not ashamed to admit it.
I was just teasing... I knew you meant the F50, so I thought I'd have a little fun. Having said that...you are totally right. That F50 sounds freakin' awesome. I've never been a huge fan of the car. I don't have anything against it...but I guess I fell into that stupid "F40 or F50" nonsense. Why not both! :D I was actually hoping Kunos might get us an F50 just to see how Ferrari gives up the data for them.

I was just teasing... I knew you meant the F50, so I thought I'd have a little fun.
I knew you were just messing. I can't lie. I have always preffered the F50 over the F40 at first. I was more intrigued by 959's tech tour de force then the basic simplicity and uncompromising function of the F40. Only after electronics and computers diluting the cars and leaving them cold and souless in my eyes, did I look back and appreciate the purity of the F40. And as far as looks: the Countach was my real 80's pinup for it's ridiculous, over the top looks and anachronistic nature. I know people hate the styling amongst other things of the F50, and I agree to a certain extend. The front especially, with those new style (for the time) headlights and the huge pair of scoops on the bonnet, that make it look like an elephant sat on it are very unflattering. But I beg anyone to have a second look at the car bang on side view. The rounded front leading up to that beautiful intergrated rear wing, not broken in it's clean lines by ugly struts - like other rear spoilers that look like an bad afterthought - really give it a very sexy, curvy look. The uninterrupted shape, from tip to end, like created with a designers one fine stroke just has an unexplained appeal to me. Almost organic in it's beauty.

My head says F40, for it's true, pure, non gimmick tag of racer for the road. And Enzo's last car. But the sound and aforementioned side view of the F50 makes my heart beat faster. A man should be allowef two mistresses.

Last edited:
I never knew about the Hakosuka GT-R until GT2. PDI had their act together back then. Showing the world, legends of The East.
maxresdefault.jpg

Then, when I picked this up, it was like that mind blown meme....oh, and I miss the old Fuji as well...

Back