Forza Motorsport 7 Will Feature Loot Boxes

I wonder how many people will glance over the fact that you use credits, instead of cash.
Can you even use cash at launch? It reads like only in-game currency can be used.

EDIT: Misread your comment! :lol: :dunce:

Last edited:
I love how T10 introduce this in game credit stuff at launch, then a few months down the line they introduce microstransactions so they can dodge the criticism from reviewers at launch.

A snaky **** move, but smart nonetheless.
As long as they don't change in the future with how you can acquire them, I can live with it. If they make it so you can no longer obtain them by credits, than I'd have a big issue with it.

Seems basically same as wheelspins, wheelspins also had exclusive Horizon edition cars in FH3 and could be bought with ingame credits only. And even if you never get lucky to get a car from wheelspin, you can buy them from auction house.

Forza Motorsport plays better with a pad than a wheel and none of the cars really feel unique. Dont fall for it again just cause it has Suzuka.

Uhm, alright then.

So I'm guessing you haven't played the game.

Well, he could be buying other options, like PCARS 2 or GT Sport.

Doesn't mean that it's right to simply barge in here and speak ********.

Seems basically same as wheelspins, wheelspins also had exclusive Horizon edition cars in FH3 and could be bought with ingame credits only. And even if you never get lucky to get a car from wheelspin, you can buy them from auction house.
As far as I can tell, the Loot Crates are the new wheelspins. It is just a different delivery method for random prizes.

So I'm guessing you haven't played the game.
Nope. But i played every other FM and i dont need to play to see how the cars still behave or that the steering wheel animations are still laughable 90° angle movements like they have been in 6.

Dont get me wrong. Im not denying that people might enjoy this game or that people get there moneys worth - but Project Cars 2 seems objectively like better option for Racers like me with more tracks and better wheel steering.

I have the same doubts as @Eunosthedeer.

I really don't understand the loot system and how it'll serve as a function. In a couple of weeks upon after release, I am assuming you'll be able to pay for these with real cash. A montization like this has no place on a premium $60 game a person payed for. This doesn't include the DLC packages, but still that's more than $100 worth of content.

Look, I get it game development is really expensive, but this system I cannot accept even if it is using game currency. They can change that to suit there wallets.

I really hope to be proven wrong.

No use of real money does soften the blow a bit if loot crates are effectively the new Wheelspins.

But I still have concerns that it may not stay that way and microtransactions are snuck in at a later date.

If it's anything like every Forza after FM5 there will be micro-transactions, but no real reason to go that route. FM6 throws money at you in such ridiculous amounts that the inclusion of micro-transactions seems pointless and both Horizon's have a rather balanced economy.

I'm personally fine with the way Forza does micro-transactions, they're there if you want to use them, but not really necessary.

This seems to be a growing trend in many games of recent years. I don't like the smell of it either. I particularly don't like the idea in racing games.

Sure, using in-game creds is fine but how much will these crates cost? How much will you have to grind to get a decent amount of crate opens? What's the cred reward amounts in FM7? This is where I see them most likely opening the 'pay to unlock' system later on. Not paying for crates specifically, so they can say 'Anyone can unlock creates with in-game creds!' but being able to buy credit packs.

So if the crates are pricey and you have to grind for ages to get enough creds to open a bunch of them, then cred packs are going to be the easy/quick option for those with money to spend.

Still not a fan of this either. But in the end not much of a worry for me, as I likely won't be playing Forza. Just my 2 cents. :sly:

Nope. But i played every other FM and i dont need to play to see how the cars still behave or that the steering wheel animations are still laughable 90° angle movements like they have been in 6.

Dont get me wrong. Im not denying that people might enjoy this game or that people get there moneys worth - but Project Cars 2 seems objectively like better option for Racers like me with more tracks and better wheel steering.

I'm not necessarily the biggest Forza fan, but you're wrong about the wheel.
When the CSR Elite released, I bought one, an xbox, and Forza 4.
Forza 4 with that wheel was spot on. In fact, I had more issues with GT5 and Fanatec back then.

No sim is or will ever be better with a pad.

GPR
This seems to be a growing trend in many games of recent years. I don't like the smell of it either. I particularly don't like the idea in racing games.

Sure, using in-game creds is fine but how much will these crates cost? How much will you have to grind to get a decent amount of crate opens? What's the cred reward amounts in FM7? This is where I see them most likely opening the 'pay to unlock' system later on. Not paying for crates specifically, so they can say 'Anyone can unlock creates with in-game creds!' but being able to buy credit packs.

So if the crates are pricey and you have to grind for ages to get enough creds to open a bunch of them, then cred packs are going to be the easy/quick option for those with money to spend.

Still not a fan of this either. But in the end not much of a worry for me, as I likely won't be playing Forza. Just my 2 cents. :sly:

Truth be told, credits were positively thrown at players in FM6. With Rivals, it's pretty easy to game the system, and Mod Cards offer a lot of credit boosts too.

We're apprehensive about this too, hence the tone of the article. So long as nothing is exclusive to these Prize Crates, they'll function pretty much like wheel spins did in the previous games. That is, they'll provide nice little perks, but nothing you couldn't accomplish without them.

The micro transactions in FM6 and GT6 are outrageously priced. But for me, they're all quite easy to avoid, and if someone out there would rather spend money than grind for any car, that's their choice. My main concern is if spending real cash is the only way to access certain parts of the game (DLC notwithstanding).

So,in FM6 I had 4848488484 million credit's just sitting there,and apparently I now have something to spend the build up on,as others of said,as long as somewhere down the way they don't change the fact they can be bought in game,it's fine by me.

XXI
Forza 4.

No sim is or will ever be better with a pad

You are taking about 360, not Xbox One.
I dare you to go out and play FM6 with a wheel and then tell me how it feels.

You will come back and tell me that didnt feel the car at all

And in regards to Controller - in FM6 you are better with a controller than the wheel. Thats what literally everyone is saying to me.

I think we are observing a shift in how pubs monetize their games.

It's not about in-game economy anymore. Publishers understand now that people don't even want the stuff in the loot box that much - it's all about the thrill of gambling.

This is aimed to exploit such people.

So before they were going for whales locking the progress behind grind.

Now it's about targeting everyone weak for gambling aka loot crates.

You are taking about 360, not Xbox One.
I dare you to go out and play FM6 with a wheel and then tell me how it feels.

You will come back and tell me that didnt feel the car at all

And in regards to Controller - in FM6 you are better with a controller than the wheel. Thats what literally everyone is saying to me.

You said every other Forza, that would include 1-5 on the 360.

So which is it, just Forza 6 or all of them?

I think we are observing a shift in how pubs monetize their games.

It's not about in-game economy anymore. Publishers understand now that people don't even want the stuff in the loot box that much - it's all about the thrill of gambling.

This is aimed to exploit such people.

So before they were going for whales locking the progress behind grind.

Now it's about targeting everyone weak for gambling aka loot crates.
It's nothing new, really. Mobile games have been doing this for a couple years now and it's been working pretty well, so it's not surprising in the least that console developers are seeing it's a more accepted form of micro-transaction than straight up locking away content in a cash shop or the "pay to win" model that we've all come to know and loathe.

Really getting sick of this trend.. Every game now has loot crates!!
Just because "everybody does it" doesn't mean it has to be seen as a good thing; some people aren't fans of this type of randomised content.

edit: I misread and thought you said you were sick of this thread. My apologies.

To be fair, whenever Microsoft add a microtransaction system to a Forza title these days it's not at launch, and when it does come you have the option to hide all mentions of it entirely. That's the first thing I do when the Token update hits and I never see anything related to microtransactions again.

Last edited:
Back