Max Verstappen Gets Hands On With Gran Turismo Sport

Yes. Would love to hear his comments on the physics.

So would I, and I think for too long, particularly with GT6, that too much gamer quackery, exploitation of physics etc have unfortunately been the factors in establishing if you're super fast or not most of the time.

I've said it before, but I think the biggest problem for years has been making ABS available for all cars. They would have been much better to have made it available to all cars but with a performance disadvantage. Not making available would have perhaps driven the likes of Logitech to develop braking resistance into their brake pedals to make unassisted braking easier. Controller users would have just had to play about with the brake balance, downforce and just practice more.

Instead we have millions of users that haven't really learnt how to develop the real skill in executing the rotation of the car after heavy braking unassisted. Learning to do this well in the real world is standard.

So would I, and I think for too long, particularly with GT6, that too much gamer quackery, exploitation of physics etc have unfortunately been the factors in establishing if you're super fast or not most of the time.

I've said it before, but I think the biggest problem for years has been making ABS available for all cars. They would have been much better to have made it available to all cars but with a performance disadvantage. Not making available would have perhaps driven the likes of Logitech to develop braking resistance into their brake pedals to make unassisted braking easier. Controller users would have just had to play about with the brake balance, downforce and just practice more.

Instead we have millions of users that haven't really learnt how to develop the real skill in executing the rotation of the car after heavy braking unassisted. Learning to do this well in the real world is standard.

Not only that, but most racing games that implement ABS make it super-smooth, so that one can just do 100%-force-braking all the time.

PCars2 is very realistic when it comes to ABS and the weight transfer of the car under decelleration: ABS only kicks in when wheel lock-ups occur; it doesn't completely eliminate them. With hard, cold tires, those lock-ups occur very suddenly, and even when ABS quickly corrects this, the car will get unsettled. It's especially noticeable when braking hard with cold ties on an uneven surface. Weight transfer is another thing that isn't simulated well by a lot of racing games. When one brutally transitions from 0% to 100% or 100% to 0% braking in PCars2, one will spin out a lot due to the car's sudden weight transfer.

I played F1 2017 before PCars2, and its ABS algorithm is very n00b-friendly. When I switched over to PCars2, I had to learn to be gentle with the brakes again. :eek:

Latest Posts

Back