35mm's Snapshots

• Thread starter 35mm
  • 1,929 comments
Touch curious about your sharpening settings. Or is it just flickr's resize sharpening that makes the subject "pop" from out of focus areas?

Touch curious about your sharpening settings. Or is it just flickr's resize sharpening that makes the subject "pop" from out of focus areas?
Sometimes I use the brush tool with a bit of sharpening. For example, on my eye in the sp, or on the cat's head above.

Is that what you're referring to?

Other than that, I use Lr's default setting 99% of the time.

Sometimes I use the brush tool with a bit of sharpening. For example, on my eye in the sp, or on the cat's head above.

Is that what you're referring to?

Other than that, I use Lr's default setting 99% of the time.

More than likely. I suspect your copy might be a touch sharper than mine at this point, considering I've had to dismantle mine to fix the aperture ring.

Do you still have the Rokinon 85mm? Been debating on picking one up again for portrait work, as the 135mm F/2 Canon just isn't quite fast or short enough for low light street work. Trying to recall if it really was as sharp as I remember or if I'm just looking back with fond memories...

Do you still have the Rokinon 85mm? Been debating on picking one up again for portrait work, as the 135mm F/2 Canon just isn't quite fast or short enough for low light street work. Trying to recall if it really was as sharp as I remember or if I'm just looking back with fond memories...
Yes, I still have the Samyang/Rokinon 85mm and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. Still the best bang-for-your-buck out there, in my opinion.

You can remember how sharp it was here.

Yes, I still have the Samyang/Rokinon 85mm and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. Still the best bang-for-your-buck out there, in my opinion.

You can remember how sharp it was here.

Oh snap. Well a guy has a Nikon mount one locally for a good price and I'll be taking a look at it on Monday it seems. Would be easy to pair with the 55/1.2 and keep my adapter carrying down.

Then I need to stop being lazy and list some of my Takumars and Canon glass so I buy the 15mm Heliar III and finish my compact travel setup.

@35mm, were you not tempted to even up the lines in that second image with a slight crop from the top left? I had a similar thing with this image and couldn't decide if a slightly off centre vanishing point would have improved it or not and decided to make it as central as possible in the end.

@35mm, were you not tempted to even up the lines in that second image with a slight crop from the top left? I had a similar thing with this image and couldn't decide if a slightly off centre vanishing point would have improved it or not and decided to make it as central as possible in the end.
Good point.

I'm usually picky with vanishing points (and horizontal horizons as well), but somehow I totally overlooked that in this case.

Will most likely correct it once I get the chance. Especially since i can't unseen it know... :lol: 👍

Back