Porsche Cayman and 919 Hybrid Confirmed for Gran Turismo Sport

There's a Cayman series in the US where many of the cars have historic Porsche liveries.
Screenshot_20171005-205753-picsay.jpg
Screenshot_20171005-205742-picsay.jpg

I've heard AC has nice physics, but man those pictures look awful for this generation. If one thing GT nails, it's the cars actually look like they're on the road surface. Those pictures you can't tell where the tire's contact with the pavement is.
Of all the hardcore sims Assetto Corsa feels the closest to GT Sport in terms of feel and the ability to lean on a car. In certain conditions it does look good, but with so many iconic cars, it is often disappointing to look back at replays. I play AC regularly online and always find it curious how the fictional Highlands track is by far the most popular. I guess it shows even amongst hardcore sim racers the driving enjoyment and uniqueness of a track is more appealing than realism.

Of all the hardcore sims Assetto Corsa feels the closest to GT Sport in terms of feel and the ability to lean on a car. In certain conditions it does look good, but with so many iconic cars, it is often disappointing to look back at replays. I play AC regularly online and always find it curious how the fictional Highlands track is by far the most popular. I guess it shows even amongst hardcore sim racers the driving enjoyment and uniqueness of a track is more appealing than realism.

At least they actually have those real world tracks to begin with. Here's hoping on the DLC.

I've heard AC has nice physics, but man those pictures look awful for this generation. If one thing GT nails, it's the cars actually look like they're on the road surface. Those pictures you can't tell where the tire's contact with the pavement is.

Yup, that graphic detail you said about the tyres is on console... In PC version it's perfect.
And while you are driving ingame you really feel the weight of the cars (GT Sport beta given me a more floaty sensation trough wheel and controler)

One good thing about assetto is image clearness, didn't see it in any racing game till now.

But i personally prise a simulator for his physics / FFB /sounds / track acurracy.

In in this, i didn't find any sim better than assetto corsa for the moment on console...

I really hope that GT Sport has improved his physics and FFB from what I've tried with the Beta version.
Because it's fun,but really basic physics.

Eye-candy it is for sure!
No doubt that together with driveclub, GT Sport will be the best looking game.

Might be veering off-topic, but I'd rather 'GT Original' tracks to most of the boring F1 Tilke designed ones.
Lucky for us it isn't an either/or scenario when it comes to track creation.

Comparing Assetto Corsa and Gran Turismo in terms of physics is pointless as AC is in a different league. It may not be the prettiest title but it has the most important aspect of a driving game, or sim in it's case, which is physics and FFB absolutely nailed. Nobody does Porsches like them either.

Last edited:
Comparing Assetto Corsa and Gran Turismo in terms of physics is pointless as AC is in a different league. It may not be the prettiest title but it has the most important aspect of a driving game, or sim in it's case, which is physics and FFB absolutely nailed. Nobody does Porsches like them either.
I know. Makes me wonder what all the fuss is about since I've been driving them in AC for what now seems like ages. Still at least PD have got something right. The Cayman GT4 Clubsport is my favourite and most driven Porsche in AC.

Physics in Assetto Corsa are trash. Much much worse than GT Sport, I will tell you that for a fact. Playing it on a controller is terrible, makes the original Project Cars look good. Project Cars 2 absolutely MAULS it in every aspect. Maybe it's different on a wheel, but I guess I'm too ignorant to see Assetto Corsa any other way.

Back