GT Sport, Forza 7 and PCARS2 All Nominated at The Game Awards 2017

Oh look, its that useless award show that always has questionable choices.

I feel like no racing game will win purely for the simple fact that unless its open world, nobody outside the fandom will care.

Who do I think is gonna win? FIFA. It has both the Popularity None of the racing titles will ever reach again AND EA's money (which will more then likely be used to take it to the top). If Academy Award winners and Golden Globe Winners pay to win as opposed to being "Voted", why not the Game Of The Year Awards.

The game awards aren't legitimate. It's a popularity contest. FIFA will probably win. I think GT sport deserves it but it's up for debate. No cut and dry winner here in my opinion though I do really think GT sport is at least better than forza or pcars. Forza and pcars were more of the same while GT sport is doing something really special while also having better gameplay than the other 2.

Game of the year should be Zelda or horizon. But as we saw last year where the least deserving but most popular game won, don't be surprised if pubg wins. The Game awards are a joke.

The game awards aren't legitimate. It's a popularity contest. FIFA will probably win. I think GT sport deserves it but it's up for debate. No cut and dry winner here in my opinion though I do really think GT sport is at least better than forza or pcars. Forza and pcars were more of the same while GT sport is doing something really special while also having better gameplay than the other 2.

Game of the year should be Zelda or horizon. But as we saw last year where the least deserving but most popular game won, don't be surprised if pubg wins. The Game awards are a joke.

I'm likely gonna regret even asking, but what the hell is Pubg?

Mostly online open world game and early access on pc. The main goal to kill each other until the last person to be the winner. Oh yeah there lootbox in the game.

Last edited:
Unlike others who only want a specific game to win, I'm glad all three won. Why do some people need to white knight one game and bring down the other is beyond me...

I am willing to concede this award to PCars 2, despite me wanting GT Sport to win. But Forza Lootbox 7? No sir. 👎👎
Luckily Forza 7 doesn't forcefully lock down any of its content behind these "boxes" that most like to think.

Ignoring PCars 2 which has single player content, at least Forza let's people save their progress OFFLINE and not depend on multiplayer to satisfy its customers.

I do really think GT sport is at least better than forza or pcars. Forza and pcars were more of the same while GT sport is doing something really special while also having better gameplay than the other 2

I myself wouldn't play fm7 or gts if you gave it to me free, at this point. Pc2 and fh3 ftw.. Cool story though

Btw: fm7 will win off content alone if it comes down to the three in question.

If it were an honest contest PC2 would win. GT Sport isn't what I'd exactly call a complete game, and FM7 is just wrong in so many ways.

I personally don't care for Project CARS, though I can respect PC2's vast improvement over its predecessor with new content, new features, improved physics, and improved gamepad support. Ultimately, PC2 is the ONLY one of the three that was both complete and stable at launch (which unfortunately seems to be a rarity in gaming these days). It's a happy medium between GTS and FM7 in such categories as: online sportsmanship, car audio, number of cars, variation of motorsport, etc, while excelling well above both games at: track conditions, number of tracks, car physics, car damage, etc. I personally won't be buying PC2 anytime soon, but it definitely deserves to win.

I myself wouldn't play fm7 or gts if you gave it to me free, at this point. Pc2 and fh3 ftw.. Cool story though

So are you proud of ignorance or something? You're bragging that you wouldn't play something, but how could you know that without actually playing them? As if games are something you only need to read about or look at in order to understand.

Cool story though.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. A battle royale third-person shooter that is pretty much a free-for-all involving some 50 players in a large map. If you die, you don't respawn. Last man standing wins.

I am willing to concede this award to PCars 2, despite me wanting GT Sport to win. But Forza Lootbox 7? No sir. 👎👎

Nobody forces you to buy them-just another post from person who clearly not played game.
GT Sport is just a joke - Le Mans anybody? Content would be nice as well.They tried hard to make it Battliefield in racing,didnt worked,its not FPS
pc2 - same problems all over again and like TokoTurismo said..well,its truth
None of racing games will win sadly,maybe new NFS :D

Luckily Forza 7 doesn't forcefully lock down any of its content behind these "boxes" that most like to think.

Ignoring PCars 2 which has single player content, at least Forza let's people save their progress OFFLINE and not depend on multiplayer to satisfy its customers.
bf3
Nobody forces you to buy them-just another post from person who clearly not played game.
GT Sport is just a joke - Le Mans anybody? Content would be nice as well.They tried hard to make it Battliefield in racing,didnt worked,its not FPS
pc2 - same problems all over again and like TokoTurismo said..well,its truth
None of racing games will win sadly,maybe new NFS :D
"It's optional" "You don't really need it" "You can get away with not bothering with these lootboxes at all"

Doesn't matter. Free-to-play mechanics such as microtransactions and lootboxes have no place in a full-priced $60 AAA game. I am glad that Gran Turismo has done away with microtransactions, but the series is now guilty of a different F2P mechanic, in the form of 🤬 "online only" :grumpy:. That is the biggest reason as to why I think GT Sport will not win this award.

Going back to lootboxes, may I just highlight Star Wars: Battlefront 2 and the astronomical-- nay, galactic :censored:storm it has caused? That is exactly what could happen to microtransactions and lootboxes in full-priced AAA games if consumers patronized or didn't give a damn about these and just let the developers and publishers have their way.

So much fan rivals pull to and against certain games just because... But which is the best overall game worthy of this "Sport racing"award, soon we will see.

People seem most passionate about GTSport weather they're not fully satisfied with it or love it. Despite of it all, it still sets the bar high and leads the competition in the sport of racing.

Last edited:
I played the big three (70h pcars2, 45h GTS, 20h Forza 7 so far) and honestly i would pick Forza 7, too. It simply offers the most complete package and is a lot of fun. The loot boxes are no problem at all IMO. The biggest problem is the drivatar AI. That being said, all games offer tons of fun. Great times to be a racer / gamer.

I haven't bought FM7 due to the fact that ill have to download it' to our PC desk top. The women of the house will flip if they see me racing on the PC. Your going to break the computer it's not for that they will say.:lol: I want it' soooooooo bad!! I disappointedly bought Pcars2 thinking that the road car tire model would be fixed I was wrong same s:censored:it as Pcars1. As for GT sport I'm not sold yet, still waiting on DLC content that I like. I probably will not buy GT sport as the game is right now. FM7 deserves the win just in content level alone.

I played the big three (70h pcars2, 45h GTS, 20h Forza 7 so far) and honestly i would pick Forza 7, too. It simply offers the most complete package and is a lot of fun. The loot boxes are no problem at all IMO. The biggest problem is the drivatar AI. That being said, all games offer tons of fun. Great times to be a racer / gamer.

Same, if you switch PC2 and GTS play times around. 3 great games to get us through the next 2 or so years that excel in different areas. They could have given it to any game and I'd still feel like the winner here.

Back