Jaguar XE SV Project 8 Sets Remarkably Specific Ring Record

Can't these brands just stop trying to break Nürburgring records and just accept that all of these cars are fast enough?

No? Okay… :indiff:

Can't these brands just stop trying to break Nürburgring records and just accept that all of these cars are fast enough?

No? Okay… :indiff:

I really enjoy seeing manufacturers push their products to be more lightweight and powerful in a street legal form.
It's not so much the bragging rights a current record has, it's the achievement I respect.
There's no better track in the world than Nurburgring for all manufacturers to do battle.
I hope it continues long after I leave this world.

XXI
I really enjoy seeing manufacturers push their products to be more lightweight and powerful in a street legal form.
It's not so much the bragging rights a current record has, it's the achievement I respect.
There's no better track in the world than Nurburgring for all manufacturers to do battle.
I hope it continues long after I leave this world.
I think you're right. But shouldn't these records be sanctioned by Guinness or something like that? It looks like each brand makes their own rules so they can get a record in any situation.

When will these manufacturers learn .
While these laps are impressive they're not records , they are lap times .

If Ferrari or Maclaren took an f1 car and said that they INTEND to use some of the technology in a future road car . Would that count ?

Last edited:
Imagine if they put that much effort into reducing the weight of a car's interior and finally got customers to understand thick seating doesn't equal comfort. All models could be lighter, quicker and more fuel efficient then and not just the ridiculous willy waving specials.

That would be something to note.

The car's a very specific colour too - they should name that in the record in case anybody beats the record with a blue Audi S4.

You probably just gave a company an idea for a new record attempt: "The fastest four-door sedan that's intended to be in production with an intended color that's in the red color spectrum with wheels other than black in a size greater than 19 inch".

Which is why, ultimately, Nurburing lap times mean pretty much nothing.
I think ultimately a lot of people understand they are not records as in 100% comparable. But those people also understand the ring is one of the most challenging race tracks and getting around it in a certain fast time means something, because the track is very varied in terms of corners yet also top speed matters. Basically it matters to a lot of people for good reason, it's just not like an olympic records that's all.

mef
it's just not like an olympic records
You're right, because there's no Olympic record for the 200m sprint during which the record holder inhaled one more time than they exhaled and whose shirt bore a different print if worn inside out.

You probably just gave a company an idea for a new record attempt: "The fastest four-door sedan that's intended to be in production with an intended color that's in the red color spectrum with wheels other than black in a size greater than 19 inch".

....while driving the 'Ring in reverse in reverse.

I can't wait to go to Germany! For sure I'll visit the 'Ring and I'm fairly confident I'll be able to set a World Record: Fastest Lap Time by an American Liver Transplant Recipient Driving a Rental Car & Wearing Sunglasses.

I can't wait to go to Germany! For sure I'll visit the 'Ring and I'm fairly confident I'll be able to set a World Record: Fastest Lap Time by an American Liver Transplant Recipient Driving a Rental Car & Wearing Sunglasses.
Which America? ;)

Back