Canadian GT Sport Contest Announced: Win Long Beach GP Tickets and Porsche Gear

Interesting... I wonder if it will show more than just the top 10? I'm not a top 10 guy, but I'd like to know where abouts in the top 100 (IF I'm good enough to get in the top 100) or top 250 I'd be. Would it be different than the Nation's Cup Standings? I would think so, as hot lapping is way different than qualifying in a crowd.

Looking forward to trying my luck...

Cheers

Interesting... I wonder if it will show more than just the top 10? I'm not a top 10 guy, but I'd like to know where abouts in the top 100 (IF I'm good enough to get in the top 100) or top 250 I'd be. Would it be different than the Nation's Cup Standings? I would think so, as hot lapping is way different than qualifying in a crowd.

Looking forward to trying my luck...

Cheers

From my understanding based on existing World Gaming GT Sport challenges, contestants should see the times on the website as they're submitted (or confirmed). Unfortunately, in-game is limited to the global top ten... which already included two Canadians when I checked the first event last night.

Probably excluding Quebec lol Need to read the fine prints.

Edit: Nope! Can enter for once! Seems like the laws have been relaxed or ignored...
Good news for all Canadians then!

Interesting, I look forward to competing with my countrymen.
I hope I can make it into the top 40, top 16 would be a dream.

Damn it, you weren’t supposed to post about it, the less people that knew about it the better!

I’m reasonably confident in being able to make the top 40. I just don’t see the point of Blue Moon Bay being on the Round 1 tracks when there aren’t any oval races, it will kind of skew the results

Damn it, you weren’t supposed to post about it, the less people that knew about it the better!

I’m reasonably confident in being able to make the top 40. I just don’t see the point of Blue Moon Bay being on the Round 1 tracks when there aren’t any oval races, it will kind of skew the results

I hear you, there will undoubtedly be somebody who manages to make the top 40 because of Blue Moon who can't drive with the same class of drivers around Brands GP or Nurb 24h for that matter.

This should be interesting... for once seeing sim racing esports being commercialized in Canada.

Good luck to all my fellow Canadians.

AT the risk of sounding Petty Most of these competitions are pointless as they are always restricted to markets. The whole point of online gaming is being able to test your mettle against players globally. Its almost like going back to the bad old says of region restrictions on discs and consoles which meant some people didn't get to play the same game or that release of the game at all but I digress. My point is that most of these competitions are flouted as "World" when in fact its N America can we get off this childish rubbish. Choice is what we want not favouritism.

AT the risk of sounding Petty Most of these competitions are pointless as they are always restricted to markets. The whole point of online gaming is being able to test your mettle against players globally. Its almost like going back to the bad old says of region restrictions on discs and consoles which meant some people didn't get to play the same game or that release of the game at all but I digress. My point is that most of these competitions are flouted as "World" when in fact its N America can we get off this childish rubbish. Choice is what we want not favouritism.

Yeah you're right... I guess having the NBA (or any other national sports league for that matter) and the Olympics co-existing is totally pointless and all sports should just be mashed into one big league at all times.

No where in the competition details does it say it is a "world" or "international" competition. "Canada" and "Canadian" are clearly indicated.

Keep in mind that the "point" of online gaming as a global activity may not always align with the point of these competitions.

Please read my post again...the sponsor is World Gaming (its not the world) is it? I specifically said "most" and not "this". Perhaps if people were more concerned with the gaming and not merchandising we wouldn't have to suffer the abuse of the English language? Make it accessible or don't bother it's half arsed and we all end up feeling cheated - its market elitism.

Please read my post again...the sponsor is World Gaming (its not the world) is it? I specifically said "most" and not "this". Perhaps if people were more concerned with the gaming and not merchandising we wouldn't have to suffer the abuse of the English language? Make it accessible or don't bother it's half arsed and we all end up feeling cheated - its market elitism.

Actually, we don't all end up feeling cheated.
Canadians are pretty happy with this I would assume, and you feel cheated because it's not accessible globally.

Just because they call themselves World Gaming, doesn't mean they have to represent the world - they're a North American based company with a head office in Toronto.

How are people concerned with merchandising?
Sure this tournament might attract more GT:Sport sales, but last I checked - the participants are going to be rewarded.

How are people suffering the abuse of the English language?
If anything, I'm suffering trying to understand your use of the English language and what point you're trying to make here.

I see your point... every time I shop at Best Buy it infuriates me every time I realize it's not actually the best buy! Don't even get me started on Amazon...

The organizer is indeed World Gaming. It's a company name, and as far as I know, players from across the globe can register and take part in no-prize gaming events on the site. So that's that.

This is a regional event with other sponsors (Pfaff, a Canadian dealer network, as well as Cineplex, a Canadian theatre chain). Those are pretty standard; they happen all across the globe every day, in more than just gaming.

If this were being advertised in-game as a global challenge, but was only actually open to Canadians, I could see your point. As is, it's just a third-party regional contest that happens to use GT Sport, run by a company with the word "World" in the title. Maybe it was a bit aspirational when the company was founded, but it beats having to constantly change the name every time it opens up to a new region! :D

Eh, no big loss for me not being able to compete. I live less than half an hour from Lime Rock Park. Going to see the IMSA and PWC races this year. Don't need to win a contest to go.

If the viewer rating good on T.V, we might see a lot this coming for GT sports. Good thing we watching this on twitch before it get on t.v

From my understanding based on existing World Gaming GT Sport challenges, contestants should see the times on the website as they're submitted (or confirmed). Unfortunately, in-game is limited to the global top ten... which already included two Canadians when I checked the first event last night.

One of them is me! :D (I think.) I was kind of hoping you guys wouldn't find it thereby increasing my chances but I knew it wouldn't stay that way. Good luck to all here, hopefully Canadian GTPers make it to the finals.

One of them is me! :D (I think.) I was kind of hoping you guys wouldn't find it thereby increasing my chances but I knew it wouldn't stay that way. Good luck to all here, hopefully Canadian GTPers make it to the finals.

Oh, we knew about it. Nothing gets passed us, least of all with GT stuff.

But what would I do with the wing from a 911 RSR?

Eat off it, presumably. Not only does it provide downforce, it doubles as a handy picnic table!

Back