Canadian GT Sport Contest Announced: Win Long Beach GP Tickets and Porsche Gear

I thought I might have a decent shot to get into this with how few Canadians I saw at the top of the charts. Now all of a sudden I feel like I don't have a chance haha. I was 0.2 back from the top10 and couldn't find a way to improve it.

Side note: is there a way to check replays for the top 10 times? Unlike the dailies I don't see a play button for the replays.

Side Side note: from the stats website there are 3,800 Rank A drivers globally, and 2% of drivers are Canadian meaning there's only about 80 of us. If half of them apply they basically all get past the first round :P

Last edited:
Well my name is, Jeff. I am a bit rusty. Haven’t raced to much after the 2015 gt academy after they announced Canada wasn’t included anymore again. So just trying to shake off the 2 years of not racing Much.

This is what you call rusty?! :P

I may have used your first (older, slower) submission as an instructional video to break into the 42.7's. Nice work. 👍

I thought I might have a decent shot to get into this with how few Canadians I saw at the top of the charts. Now all of a sudden I feel like I don't have a chance haha. I was 0.2 back from the top10 and couldn't find a way to improve it.

Side note: is there a way to check replays for the top 10 times? Unlike the dailies I don't see a play button for the replays.

Side Side note: from the stats website there are 3,800 Rank A drivers globally, and 2% of drivers are Canadian meaning there's only about 80 of us. If half of them apply they basically all get past the first round :P
Just search up on YouTube “GT Sport Blue Moon.” And watch the reply’s people post when they submit their times.

I'm assuming as each round chops out the previous round's fastest guys, those that are just on the cusp should be able to make it. It should be interesting to see how many of the 40 are more suited to racing versus hot lapping in the next round, too.

This.

It's one thing to be able to spit out a stupid fast lap... it's another to be consistent while also being able to exercise racing etiquette.

This.

It's one thing to be able to spit out a stupid fast lap... it's another to be consistent while also being able to exercise racing etiquette.
I've yet to see anyone in sim racing in the alien/elite class that couldn't do both.

Just search up on YouTube “GT Sport Blue Moon.” And watch the reply’s people post when they submit their times.

Just saw your replay, great work.

However, after reading the rules and regulations a few times over... there may be a chance your submission could be disqualified. It states that the replay HAS to show the timer starting at 0:00.000 in the replay at the beginning, which for some reason, the replays in GT Sport do not. Their "example submission" shows the user actually recording them doing the lap attempt, rather than watching their replay. This is the only way to show the timer.

Let's just hope that Worldgaming isn't going to be too strict...

I've yet to see anyone in sim racing in the alien/elite class that couldn't do both.

I've raced in a few competitions on ESL with Project Cars... and you'd be surprised. Some just don't play well with others, especially when there's prize money involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been a top 10 guy either - I'm thinking by the time Maggiorre comes around (a track I'm relatively good at), I'll maybe be able to make the top 10.

Hopefully, PD/Sony can delete the obviously fake "records" set by the top 4 as seen here... :rolleyes:

K4vTuZP.jpg

@SlipZtrEm is this something the powers that be at either WorldGaming or Sony need to be notified about?

Cheers

Last edited:
Just saw your replay, great work.

However, after reading the rules and regulations a few times over... there may be a chance your submission could be disqualified. It states that the replay HAS to show the timer starting at 0:00.000 in the replay at the beginning, which for some reason, the replays in GT Sport do not. Their "example submission" shows the user actually recording them doing the lap attempt, rather than watching their replay. This is the only way to show the timer.

Let's just hope that Worldgaming isn't going to be too strict...

The timer on the bottom left does start at 0:00.000. This is the only way to do it, no one will of recorded a live lap. Plus you have to have the replay to show the replay info

I've raced in a few competitions on ESL with Project Cars... and you'd be surprised. Some just don't play well with others, especially when there's prize money involved.
Which highlights the difference between ability and intent. I've never seen anyone that is in the alien class that isn't capable of racing clean, fast and consistent. Doesn't mean they always will. Your experience may vary.

The timer on the bottom left does start at 0:00.000. This is the only way to do it, no one will of recorded a live lap. Plus you have to have the replay to show the replay info

That timer is the timer for the replay, not for the lap.

If you see the example submission and read the rules and regulations, they appear to have requested participants to record a live lap, which they should have been more clear of instead of burying this in the rules and regulations.

Which highlights the difference between ability and intent. I've never seen anyone that is in the alien class that isn't capable of racing clean, fast and consistent. Doesn't mean they always will. Your experience may vary.

You make a fair point, I shouldn't have said "able".

Last edited by a moderator:
That timer is the timer for the replay, not for the lap.

If you see the example submission and read the rules and regulations, they appear to have requested participants to record a live lap, which they should have been more clear of instead of burying this in the rules and regulations.

You make a fair point, I shouldn't have said "able".

Well got my acceptance letter. So clearly what we did was to the rules

Did the letter tell you to stop participating in future events?

I wish I got any notifications at all. Like I'm not even sure my submission was accepted. There's no way to see it? It would also be nice to see what the cut off was and how many submissions there were. I'd like to know where I stand.

I mostly just want to see the list of the 10 advancing in order so we can start populating the grids for the Cayman heats. And know if any people on the leaderboard aren’t eligible anymore

Did the letter tell you to stop participating in future events?

I wish I got any notifications at all. Like I'm not even sure my submission was accepted. There's no way to see it? It would also be nice to see what the cut off was and how many submissions there were. I'd like to know where I stand.

Just said congrats you made it, more info will be sent February 5th

Got my email for Advancing to Stage 2 aswell. So don’t have to think about me anymore in the next 3 TT’s

Congrats, glad you guys made it through. Was just trying to bring awareness to the community, as sometimes you have no idea how strict competition organizers will be.

I'm relieved you don't actually have to record live laps then, it's a pain doing it that way.

The qualified drivers so far are:

silvia_drift
theraceboy77
lloyd
putput44
Ebrahim
Nic
Deutschbag416
Drew
Micky_mike88
FernandoHamilton

Since they finally posted results

What kindve times are you guys setting, and are you going full speed through the last chicane?
I'm still high 1:37, and I have to lift slightly in the last chicane.
I think I've got a low 1:37 in me.

Back