Canadian GT Sport Contest Announced: Win Long Beach GP Tickets and Porsche Gear

Eat off it, presumably. Not only does it provide downforce, it doubles as a handy picnic table!

dgdXB1l.jpg

Cheers

As for the RSR wing and bonnet, it is signed by the Porsche team which to some automotive enthusiasts is way more valuable. I personally would love to have these parts are decoration around my place.

All that matters to me is who the potential buyer is/how much I can sell it for/if Pfaff will buy it back.

I’m only doing this for the cash.

I will definitely be racing in this.

Also, I don’t see anything about what specs for tires to use etc for the time trials. I assume it’s full setups whilst using any compound of tire you want.

I will definitely be racing in this.

Also, I don’t see anything about what specs for tires to use etc for the time trials. I assume it’s full setups whilst using any compound of tire you want.

It’s in the circuit experience mode so everything is fixed

Since the first round is about to wrap, I thought I'd share this. It's safe to say this has got the attention of our countrymen:

Gran Turismo Sport Screen Shot 2018-01-16, 11.42 PM.png

Since the first round is about to wrap, I thought I'd share this. It's safe to say this has got the attention of our countrymen:

View attachment 707000

I’ve tried for hours but can’t get below 42.7, I don’t know what the secret is that I’m missing. There’s some fast guys there though so that means they’ll be out of the running for the rest of the rounds and we won’t have to beat them next time.

I’ve tried for hours but can’t get below 42.7, I don’t know what the secret is that I’m missing. There’s some fast guys there though so that means they’ll be out of the running for the rest of the rounds and we won’t have to beat them next time.
I'll be giving it a shot tonight, but my hope was never to qualify on blue moon anyways - I hope I can make it on the next couple circuits.

Wheel or pad? My rig has been in storage since before Christmas (due to, well, Christmas), so I used a DS4 last night. After an hour I was down to 0:42.740. Watching the faster replays, I think there's an inherent advantage with a wheel. The pad takes too long to get to full lock, even on the most sensitive setting, and taking an identical line through the final corner, I can't get close to the same speed. I'm seeing a steady 164/165 from the fast guys, but anything over 161 puts me into the wall at the exit.

I'll probably try again tonight, but I've never been a top 10 guy. Getting this close is good enough.

Wheel or pad? My rig has been in storage since before Christmas (due to, well, Christmas), so I used a DS4 last night. After an hour I was down to 0:42.740. Watching the faster replays, I think there's an inherent advantage with a wheel. The pad takes too long to get to full lock, even on the most sensitive setting, and taking an identical line through the final corner, I can't get close to the same speed. I'm seeing a steady 164/165 from the fast guys, but anything over 161 puts me into the wall at the exit.

I'll probably try again tonight, but I've never been a top 10 guy. Getting this close is good enough.
I've never been a top 10 guy either - I'm thinking by the time Maggiorre comes around (a track I'm relatively good at), I'll maybe be able to make the top 10.

I use controller also 42.738 is my submitted time (but I ran a .734 later, just dont see the point in submitting anything else unless I get into the low 6s at least). I don’t know if all of those top guys are on wheels though, but it makes sense, usually any track with long fast corners favours wheel users.

I just hope I can make it in the next two rounds since I’m garbage at Tokyo Expressway

Monster-Sport71 here. Yea ovals arnt my special either, but I’d rather get in early and test for the GT4 events. But I’m sure my time of .502 will be beaten

Monster-Sport71 here. Yea ovals arnt my special either, but I’d rather get in early and test for the GT4 events. But I’m sure my time of .502 will be beaten
You're stupid fast - I doubt you have anything to worry about.
Even if you don't make it in this round, it would take me weeks of running any of the circuits to touch the time you'd set in one night.

Thanks man, we all started from somewhere tho, always push yourself and one day it will just click. Watching replays and asking questions is always key

Thanks man, we all started from somewhere tho, always push yourself and one day it will just click. Watching replays and asking questions is always key
Here's a question then.
I can run low 2.04's on Bathurst, low 1.32's on Interlagos (qualified 1.32.03), but for the life of me, I can't find those last couple seconds to put myself in contention with you guys near the top.
I'm currently using a DS4, with no plans in the immediate future to switch (eventually I'll get a wheel).

My question is - will removing TCS (currently using it on 2, but only for GR.3 cars) help me take those last couple seconds off?
Even in GR.4 where I don't use TCS I'm still 1-2~ seconds away from the #1 time on the leaderboard.

Yeah I’d say you, ebrahim, and Lester if he enters are the favourites to win the whole thing, unless someone who hasn’t been competing in the FIA races surprises everyone

I use controller also 42.738 is my submitted time (but I ran a .734 later, just dont see the point in submitting anything else unless I get into the low 6s at least). I don’t know if all of those top guys are on wheels though, but it makes sense, usually any track with long fast corners favours wheel users.

IIRC, they're all on wheels. Raceboy probably is — he may use a pad in Forza, but there's no inherent advantage with a wheel over in that game.

I just hope I can make it in the next two rounds since I’m garbage at Tokyo Expressway

Tokyo is garbage, so that's alright. ;)

I'm assuming as each round chops out the previous round's fastest guys, those that are just on the cusp should be able to make it. It should be interesting to see how many of the 40 are more suited to racing versus hot lapping in the next round, too.

Here's a question then.
I can run low 2.04's on Bathurst, low 1.32's on Interlagos (qualified 1.32.03), but for the life of me, I can't find those last couple seconds to put myself in contention with you guys near the top.
I'm currently using a DS4, with no plans in the immediate future to switch (eventually I'll get a wheel).

My question is - will removing TCS (currently using it on 2, but only for GR.3 cars) help me take those last couple seconds off?
Even in GR.4 where I don't use TCS I'm still 1-2~ seconds away from the #1 time on the leaderboard.

The Bathurst one is a fun question, I’ve touched 2:01.4 in the 911, but a good friend of mine windfire1010 uses a pad like you. I️ would suggest checking his channel out. He doesn’t run traction control. It will make it faster for sure. The cars in this game need to micro slide and running TCS Doesn’t allow that. It will take practice.

Here's a question then.

My impression FWIW, as someone not quite as fast, is that anything over TCS 1 will have you trading outright pace for stability. The problem with that aid in particular is that it cuts power to maintain grip, but a lot of cars benefit from a smidge of over-rotation up to the apex to get them straightened out and on the throttle quicker in the second half of the corner. Even TCS 1 can get in the way, but I find a big gap between it and 2.

Of course, it requires a lot more skill to balance things on the edge without TCS, since even a little too much slip results in a lot of wasted energy. With Sport Mode ideally placing you with similarly-paced players, I tend to leave TCS on a bit for dailies and bank on my consistency. But if I'm hunting fast laps, TCS off always produces better results.

Yeah I’d say you, ebrahim, and Lester if he enters are the favourites to win the whole thing, unless someone who hasn’t been competing in the FIA races surprises everyone
I'll take Lloyd and Nic for the win..not sure what their real names are. :)

I'll take Lloyd and Nic for the win..not sure what their real names are. :)
Well my name is, Jeff. I am a bit rusty. Haven’t raced to much after the 2015 gt academy after they announced Canada wasn’t included anymore again. So just trying to shake off the 2 years of not racing Much.

I️ was in the exact same boat as you, picked up the game in nov and been trying to shake the rust since.

PS3 PSN was Monster-Energy71, I️ think we both man GTA

Well my name is, Jeff. I am a bit rusty. Haven’t raced to much after the 2015 gt academy after they announced Canada wasn’t included anymore again. So just trying to shake off the 2 years of not racing Much.

I could tell you were rusty because you were .01 behind the fastest Canadian:lol:. Best of luck to you Jeff, I have little doubt that you'll be in Vaughn for Stage 3. If I can arrange it I might make the trip to the big city to drag my brother up there to watch and hopefully get him back into sim racing. I went to High School just a few kms away and my brother is within a few kms as well.

I️ was in the exact same boat as you, picked up the game in nov and been trying to shake the rust since.

PS3 PSN was Monster-Energy71, I️ think we both man GTA
Yeah! And we did those gt academy practice races together too with bunch of all the other guys. Takes actually a while to get your 100% pace back.

I could tell you were rusty because you were .01 behind the fastest Canadian:lol:. Best of luck to you Jeff, I have little doubt that you'll be in Vaughn for Stage 3. If I can arrange it I might make the trip to the big city to drag my brother up there to watch and hopefully get him back into sim racing. I went to High School just a few kms away and my brother is within a few kms as well.
I live 25 mins away from where the finals are - so even if I don't make it, I'll be going to the finals.

Back