Meet Japan's $4m Electric Supercar That Can Hit 60mph in Under TWO Seconds

Its that instant torque power electric ting, however it will probably still be massive fire risk/melted plastic if it crashes ha ha...great in theory not always in practice as Richard Hammond proved :cheers: at 4M these cars aren't feasible just recouping development costs ?

It does kinda look like they were barely trying. It didn't strike me as well organized at all. "Hey let's take that thing out behind the shop and test it".

It does kinda look like they were barely trying. It didn't strike me as well organized at all. "Hey let's take that thing out behind the shop and test it".
"Have we got enough space between the road and that cliff face?"
"Oh, yeah, sure."
"Kay then. Set up the timing beam about half way. I'm gonna go for it"

That doesn't look like a good spot for a test drive. A little further and the car would have gone bye bye. Maybe the driver too.

Can't say it's a bad thing. For me, that means it didn't need perfect conditions to pull such a trick, meaning that anyone who can afford it can do the same with little to no effort.
(on the other hand, that was a pre-production mode, which wasn't even street-legal)

(on the other hand, that was a pre-production mode, which wasn't even street-legal)
The only thing not street legal about it were the tyres. It even has a 3 inch ground clearance.

Aspark reckons the final production car can do 0-60mph in under 2s too.

A bizarre combination of touge and drag racing. Is it possible that was an accidental launch?

(Yes, yes, I can see the tyremarks where they's had the same accident over and over...)

It does seem a bit like the Japanese automotive equivalent of Colin Furze.

This is a little embarrassing knowing that a $200,000 Tesla Roadster is on it's way with similar performance figures..

It’s not embarrassing because the performance isn’t really the reason for the price. You’re paying for the exclusivity. Of course whether it’s worth it in this case is still debatable considering it’s not being made by a historic brand.

As for Tesla, they may want to focus on getting the cars they already make in the hands of customers before making new plans.

Impressive! But I certainly would have picked another spot to try the awesome acceleration.. :)
That doesn't look like a good spot for a test drive. A little further and the car would have gone bye bye. Maybe the driver too.
Nah, he would have just pressed the "G" button on the steering wheel...
images

With the revised power output I have an easier time believing this thing can break the two second barrier. Assuming it doesn't remain vaporware.

What makes a car alive is its sound. These things are like watching a film with the subtitles on and sound off.
Most of my sense for speed comes from the sound of the car. I couldn't drive any of the electric cars back in GT6 properly...the wall was my best friend. :lol:

About that car: Its side profile kinda reminds me of the CLK-GTR... :odd:

With the revised power output I have an easier time believing this thing can break the two second barrier. Assuming it doesn't remain vaporware.

IIRC it already did break under 2 seconds before the power bump. Just. With preheated slicks.

Acceleration run at 0.54 seconds.

IMO this was impressive when it was announced as a concept, but me personally I'd just wait for the new Tesla Roadster or the Rimac C2.

Back