Assetto Corsa Competizione Console Release Looking Unlikely

I really hope those that may be on the fence like I was take the plunge and buy a PC.
Playing AC now there's so much free content to download its head spinning.
I've started using
http://www.simracingsystem.com
it really brings online racing to life with titles like Raceroom and Assetto Corsa.
I don't subscribe to the PC master race banter, but I really understand now the limitations of console and see what I've been missing, such as 100fps...:dopey:

Title of this article is misleading. Should say "No console release at launch". The FAQ only confirms that the focus will be on the PC version untill it is complete. It does not imply that console versions will not come, period. All it says is that the PC version will be developed first. Consoles may, and likely will, come afterwards.

Yeah, never had my hopes up. :lol:

I don’t want it on the console if they’re take forever to release content and updates like they do for console. I didn’t think they were ready for the demands that come with the console market. I understand they’re a small staff but when you release a game for console you’re pretty much saying “we can do it not matter what.” Now I love the games Ms think the whole team does great work. This game is the main reason I spent all this money to get my rig right before the game was released for console. If they do decide to release another title for console I just hope it’ll be a smoother better experience for the team and console owners.

I really hope those that may be on the fence like I was take the plunge and buy a PC.
I've started using
it really brings online racing to life with titles like Raceroom and Assetto Corsa.
I don't subscribe to the PC master race banter, but I really understand now the limitations of console and see what I've been missing, such as 100fps...:dopey:

You know as a console owner I’ve contiplated whether or not I should build a gaming PC. If I was it would be just for Sim-Racing PC titles. I see the world is very vast, beautiful, and powerful. When I seen all the mods for AC alone I was like “why won’t they enable mods for console players? It would shut up all of us that complain about content delays and lack of cars and tracks.” I was sold on getting the PC version. Now I’ll just have to set the funds aside and start the PC build. Lol. 100 fps?!!! “Faints”

You know as a console owner I’ve contiplated whether or not I should build a gaming PC. If I was it would be just for Sim-Racing PC titles. I see the world is very vast, beautiful, and powerful. When I seen all the mods for AC alone I was like “why won’t they enable mods for console players? It would shut up all of us that complain about content delays and lack of cars and tracks.” I was sold on getting the PC version. Now I’ll just have to set the funds aside and start the PC build. Lol. 100 fps?!!! “Faints”

Definitely recommend it, hundreds of great mods it'll take me until ACC early access to try them all.
It's not too terrible price wise with the exception of current GPU prices.

I'm very excited for ACC, specifically with Kunos hiring Kevin Minolin and what his plans are for possible matchmaking.

Mmmm I think it will come once assetto Corsa Competizione is in final release.... 1.0
This was discussed yesterday on the official forum an I did an reply...

It was liked by Stefano casilo (lord Kunos), so maybe it won't say nothing or it means that I can be right...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180303-064626.png
    Screenshot_20180303-064626.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 134
Well vanilla AC was the same, this was also completely developed for PC initially (2014 I think) and later released for consoles (2015 IIRC). I don’t think ACC will be different, sure it’s developed for PC first but if a console port is profitable, it will most likely happen.

That or else they might plan to work on AC2 shortly after ACC and the latter is just a quick intermedium not worth the hassle of a port.

I'd say a console port is probable somewhere down the line, unreal 4 already supports consoles, so they won't need to adapt the engine like with the first game. Should be more simple to do it later. We'll see I guess.

Well vanilla AC was the same, this was also completely developed for PC initially (2014 I think) and later released for consoles (2015 IIRC). I don’t think ACC will be different, sure it’s developed for PC first but if a console port is profitable, it will most likely happen.

That or else they might plan to work on AC2 shortly after ACC and the latter is just a quick intermedium not worth the hassle of a port.

I'd say a console port is probable somewhere down the line, unreal 4 already supports consoles, so they won't need to adapt the engine like with the first game. Should be more simple to do it later. We'll see I guess.

Both very good points here!

ACC is something like Prologue to AC2. The same as it was with GT5. After ACC they will announce AC2 on the same engine but now with proper content and cars. On ACC they will learn the engine and stuff.

Which is exactly what the title suggests.

That may be your interpretation of it but, if you look through the comments to your article, I think you'll find that most read it as console versions not coming ever. This is, again, not true. Kunos never said they wouldn't release the game on consoles, at any point. All they say is focus will on be PC first and any console development will come later.

However, I digress. My post was meant as a suggestion, since most people tend to skim the titles and don't read the details in the articles. In the end, it's your site, your titles. I just wanted to let you know that, maybe, you could have worded things better.

That may be your interpretation of it but, if you look through the comments to your article, I think you'll find that most read it as console versions not coming ever. This is, again, not true. Kunos never said they wouldn't release the game on consoles, at any point. All they say is focus will on be PC first and any console development will come later.

However, I digress. My post was meant as a suggestion, since most people tend to skim the titles and don't read the details in the articles. In the end, it's your site, your titles. I just wanted to let you know that, maybe, you could have worded things better.
I have to agree. The title jumps to conclusions, there is no basis for this conclusion when Stefano mentioned the ui for PC and both consoles.

If people equate "unlikely" with "never", then that's their fundamental misunderstanding of English, not ours.

As has also been pointed out in the thread, the console version of the original Assetto Corsa was also unlikely at one point in time.

If people equate "unlikely" with "never", then that's their fundamental misunderstanding of English, not ours.

As has also been pointed out in the thread, the console version of the original Assetto Corsa was also unlikely at one point in time.
In Marco Massarutto's interview with Eurogamer today he said that they have to ACC to its final optimised state then see if current consoles can handle the performance. They clearly have intention to bring it to console, but which gen remains to be seen.

In Marco Massarutto's interview with Eurogamer today he said that they have to ACC to its final optimised state then see if current consoles can handle the performance. They clearly have intention to bring it to console, but which gen remains to be seen.

Ah, so an interview in Italian, at a different site in no way referenced in the FAQ, that came out after the article was published.

Gotcha.

Mmmm I think it will come once assetto Corsa Competizione is in final release.... 1.0
This was discussed yesterday on the official forum an I did an reply...

It was liked by Stefano casilo (lord Kunos), so maybe it won't say nothing or it means that I can be right...
that's the most logical assumption, even if i don't know how power hungry the UE4 would be for the stock consoles. In the worst scenario, it won't be much different compared to pcars2: horrible performance on ps4 and xbox, much better on pro and one x.

Like others have suggested, a console release is not looking unlikely. It's most likely not a priority right now.

If it arrives on console I don't see it being a quick port and really think it should be optimized for next gen.
PC won't have 1.0 until at the very least the end of this year, projected PS5 release of 2020/21 which would equal about the same wait time for the initial AC to console port.
I'm sure we'll see more reliable information closer to E3, or after early access goes live.

Good. I hope it never does. Leave that garbage with zero variety on PC. This is a dumb cash grab. They should be working on AC 2, not taking steps backwards.

I've started using
I also consider buying a pc by summer.

" Will AC Competizione be available on PC Steam only, or on console too?
Right now, all our efforts are going into developing Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam, during Early Access."

https://505games.com/assetto-corsa-competizione-community-faq-blog
from ACC community faw blog.

They simply dont want to give a clear answer.

EDIT
If the case was a "YES" then why avoid giving any info in this matter?
In case of a "NO" I can see why they avoid saying anything with all the problems AC has at the moment -consoles- plus the Ultimate Edition is getting into the market for consoles.How can it sell well if at the same time they would say "ACC is not coming to consoles"?

Last edited:
Good. I hope it never does. Leave that garbage with zero variety on PC. This is a dumb cash grab. They should be working on AC 2, not taking steps backwards.
How does a very narrowly focused game in an already niche genre, released exclusively on the smallest platform available, all developed on a completely new game engine entirely from scratch except for the physics, qualify as a cash grab? I don't think cash grab means what you think it means.

Sorry, but "unlikely" is a first cousin to "never" and is borderline synonymous, it clearly implies that the situation is leaning more towards a "No" than a "Yes".
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 11.32.20 AM.png

Nothing in the Kunos press release suggests a console version is either likely or unlikely. They simply state that at first they are focusing on the early access version, that's it, anything beyond that is a presumption. Therefore the GTP headline is misleading because it basically takes "no comment" to mean "unlikely, implausible, improbable, inconceivable, doubtful, not likely, questionable, or unimaginable" which most readers will interpret as "not happening".

Sorry, but "unlikely" is a first cousin to "never" and is borderline synonymous, it clearly implies that the situation is leaning more towards a "No" than a "Yes".
View attachment 719347

Nothing in the Kunos press release suggests a console version is either likely or unlikely. They simply state that at first they are focusing on the early access version, that's it, anything beyond that is a presumption. Therefore the GTP headline is misleading because it basically takes "no comment" to mean "unlikely, implausible, improbable, inconceivable, doubtful, not likely, questionable, or unimaginable" which most readers will interpret as "not happening".
This was my take on it as well. The whole console thing came about I believe when Sony sent them a PS4 development kit and ask them to mess around with it and see if they could get it working. AC was launched without any intent to bring it to console but now that that cat is out of the bag it's hard to imagine they wouldn't want the windfall profits that come from porting an already developed game over to a platform that is already successfully using the same game engine. I think they hesitate at this point I believe it's because they have never worked with this game engine before and have no idea if they can make the game they want and have it optimized enough to run on a vanilla console.

Back