Own a Polarizing Porsche With This Rauh-Welt Begriff 911 Carrera 4

It'd be interesting to see which one wins out - the prestige of being a 'classic' Porsche, or the veneer of being tuned by one of the foremost tuners car otakus go goo-goo for.

Despite not including the shipping, the price does include Nakai-san flying to your location to install the kit himself. This ensures everything goes together perfectly and makes the fit and finish second to none.
This I did not know. Respect to the man who keeps his craft under his own hands.

Putting a body-kit on a 911 to make it look like GT car, but not go like a GT car. :lol:

Make the car go as fast as it looks and it might be okay but most of these RWB cars are all about looks. Which is lame, very lame.

Putting a body-kit on a 911 to make it look like GT car, but not go like a GT car. :lol:

Make the car go as fast as it looks and it might be okay but most of these RWB cars are all about looks. Which is lame, very lame.

In a decades time i can see someone buying this to restore it back to a nice clean 964 Carrera 4.

And yet in Japan, they’re actually used more for tracking than factory GT road cars are. :sly:

And yet in Japan, they’re actually used more for tracking than factory GT road cars are. :sly:
Japan is an interesting place for cars. :lol:

I don't really have a problem with the cars or anything (although I got someone real angry with me on these forums when I compared the RWB cars to Civics with bodykits) but I think they should tune/ mod the cars for performance on top of those wild kits. Make them go as fast as they look!

Daily reminder that these RWB kits are all built and installed by hand by one dude, an every kit is more-or-less unique to the vehicle.

RWB may be polarizing to enthusiasts, but you gotta respect the hard work and craftsmanship that goes into these builds.

Craftsmanship?

A jig saw, a drill, some self tapping screws and some filler? I've watched a video of one being built, and it didn't look like craftsmanship to me :lol:

Would be expensive to return one to stock - would need new quarters, wings, front and rear bumpers.

This one runs a 56sec lap time around Tsukuba. If you look through the RWB thread on here, you'll see lots of evidence of them being tracked. Plenty of them have built engines as well.
FB_IMG_1486095290242.jpg

This one runs a 56sec lap time around Tsukuba. If you look through the RWB thread on here, you'll see lots of evidence of them being tracked. Plenty of them have built engines as well. View attachment 722233
Oh for sure, and I did look through the thread and find that I am mostly wrong on the performance thing, though I'd say RWB is more famous for the over-the-top looks than they are with performance, with engine mods coming from a different source entirely (such as the car in this story). RWB is a body-kit/ styling company above anything else. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I think if you are going with the wild looks of RWB you need it to perform too.

Back