Formula E World Champion Fined for Inappropriate Underpants

full

Mad that. 3 points on his licence as well as its non standard race uniform.

I wrote the whole piece deliberately avoiding the skidmarks joke as well.

Thats why youre the journalist and im not.

I can see why they did it but it's still a ridiculous(ly funny) headline. :embarrassed: Did fourth place catch a glimpse in the paddock and they wanted to get on the podium? :D

ಠ_ಠ

Welp, didn't think I'd read this today. Apparently a man's underwear is serious business to the FIA. [lenny face]

Just when I thought the penalty for the Wifi was silly, along comes this.

ಠ_ಠ

Welp, didn't think I'd read this today. Apparently a man's underwear is serious business to the FIA. [lenny face]

Of course, wouldn't want to let slip someone smuggling some "Contraband"

I guess only logical (and boring) explanation would be , that racing underwear (as racing suit) must be fire resistant and his private underwear wasn't.

That's exactly the reason. Each racing category comes with progressively more stringent safety rules. Fire safety is one important aspect of such rules as 3rd degree burns can result in less than 10s as result of fire without protection.
Each layer layer of fire resistant clothing adds about 10s of survival time, and underwear is one such layer.

The fine was justified. The race team or driver should have been better prepared. Here's an article explaining fire safety in more detail for those interested

https://www.flamecrusher.com/safety-bernies-articles#Article3

Back