You Can Now Find iRacing in Gran Turismo Sport (But it's Probably Not What You Think)

upload_2018-3-31_19-54-27.png

PD are just being accurate.

But perhaps La Sarthe is a step too far...

8eMW1.jpg

It's a competitor in so far as many racing gamers buy games on multiple platforms and not just for one. Doesn't bother me. Maybe competitors ads will lead to cross-play one day.

It's a competitor in so far as many racing gamers buy games on multiple platforms and not just for one. Doesn't bother me. Maybe competitors ads will lead to cross-play one day.
The platform isn't where the competition is. They are competing for our time. That's why Lego are going under. They have to compete with the likes of Minecraft and now Fortnite for that time.

View attachment 726219

PD are just being accurate.

But perhaps La Sarthe is a step too far...

View attachment 726220

La Sarthe:

Forza Motorsport and Xbox is censored in IRacing. Forza Motorsport is censored in Project CARS and in Project Cars 2, but in Project Cars 2, XBOX One is censored on the PS4 version of Project Cars 2, but not in the PC/XBOX One versions.

I did reach out to IRacing in regards of their logo being in Gran Turismo Sport Tsukuba, no reply so far. I will call IRacing on Monday, April 2, 2018, if IRacing does not reply to my email.

This brings back to the Porsche sponsors found in GT6's updated La Sarthe map, at that time it was a manufacturer that would never be available in the game, until now. Using a copyrighted brand by its name only should be a non-issue.

Drift Spirits (Bandai Namco) features D1GP cars that carry the GT windshield banner, and PD or Sony have not had their feathers ruffled. But in a Western example, the ever popular Gran Turismo windshield banners was once removed from the Team Need for Speed BMW Z4 GT3 when it raced in the Nurburgring 24h a long time ago. It was put back in later years since all N24 cars had to wear the banner, however all NFS games that had the Z4 GT3 do not have the Gran Turismo banner.

GT would keep brand advertisements on race courses just to emphasise that they're paying attention to real-world detail, but they're not the kind of game to deface a copyright (or so most Western companies believe). The Virag lawsuit with GT6 Monza comes to mind. Why would that brand be concerned that their name is being used in a video game just as trackside decoration?

But perhaps that is up to Sony to step in and express concern for unintentional competitor's product placement in GT. Sony may disagree with featuring a Microsoft branded car/track, but PD would be eager to model it just for accuracy.

EDIT:
I did reach out to IRacing in regards of their logo being in Gran Turismo Sport Tsukuba, no reply so far. I will call IRacing on Monday, April 2, 2018, if IRacing does not reply to my email.

That does not sound like a smart idea, and doing that itself will just endanger GTS/PD and iRacing's reputation if they ever decide to file a lawsuit heeding your call.

Last edited:
People do realise every sponsor/brand in a game is licensed?

Either a license is gained individually, or it comes as part of a wider deal, ie a series or track.

sorry, but what would be the problem? if the iracing logo is in GTsport, GT users would have little or no interest considering that we are talking about a niche game for PCs that only very few passionate users know and even if it were, I do not understand what is discussing XD

PS: I still find a nice thing to see because it means that the PD recognize the value of that simulator, so as not to censor it.

Update,

Okay, I got a pretty disappointing reply from IRacing, that IRacing are not going to file a lawsuit, and said the IRacing logo existed at the real track, and was "designed" in to Gran Turismo Sport.

I then countered, well Forza Motorsport and XBOX One logos existed at the Circuit De La Sarthe, so why are they censored in the IRacing version?

I did ask this question, before their sad, short response: "The fact that IRacing could not use Xbox One, and Forza Motorsport logos, and thus are censored in the Le Mans circuit, which means that IRacing probably did reach out to Xbox, Turn 10 Studios, and/or Microsoft, and either one, or all three companies disagreed with the use of the Xbox One, and Forza Motorsport logos."

I don't know why IRacing did not respond, yet, to my lengthy email, regarding their censorship of the Xbox One, and Forza Motorsport logos.

Update,

Okay, I got a pretty disappointing reply from IRacing, that IRacing are not going to file a lawsuit, and said the IRacing logo existed at the real track, and was "designed" in to Gran Turismo Sport.

I then countered, well Forza Motorsport and XBOX One logos existed at the Circuit De La Sarthe, so why are they censored in the IRacing version?

I did ask this question, before their sad, short response: "The fact that IRacing could not use Xbox One, and Forza Motorsport logos, and thus are censored in the Le Mans circuit, which means that IRacing probably did reach out to Xbox, Turn 10 Studios, and/or Microsoft, and either one, or all three companies disagreed with the use of the Xbox One, and Forza Motorsport logos."

I don't know why IRacing did not respond, yet, to my lengthy email, regarding their censorship of the Xbox One, and Forza Motorsport logos.
facepalm....

Update,

Is this you?

Because I can't see anyone else being this obsessed with something so minor......or totally above board.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/979878829056405504

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/979318019540230144

Is this you?

Because I can't see anyone else being this obsessed with something so minor......or totally above board.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/979878829056405504

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/979318019540230144

Someone with no time on their hands, wanted to snoop around twitter, looking for the words: iracing turismo email gawd...

Why not try facebook then, and see what you can find?

Yes, to answer the question, that is my twitter, now I am going to try to contact Kyle Kashuv regarding Paul Rustchynsky's like of David Hogg's tweet of boycotting Florida, so I hope I can make it viral, so people can boycott Onrush (but hopeless UK people will buy the game anyways, just like they bought Gran Turismo Sport, and Micro Machines 2017,) and my twitter will be a mess.

Someone with no time on their hands, wanted to snoop around twitter, looking for the words: iracing turismo email gawd...

Why not try facebook then, and see what you can find?

Yes, to answer the question, that is my twitter, now I am going to try to contact Kyle Kashuv regarding Paul Rustchynsky's like of David Hogg's tweet of boycotting Florida, so I hope I can make it viral, so people can boycott Onrush (but hopeless UK people will buy the game anyways, just like they bought Gran Turismo Sport, and Micro Machines 2017,) and my twitter will be a mess.

Relax, man.

Back