Is the Top Gear Test Track Dead?

Current Top Gear doesn't deserve this track anyway.

btw, hasn't it been Lotus's proving grounds? Where does Lotus test their cars nowadays?

Who remembers back on GT5 having drag races on TopGear Test Track? that track used to get all the noobs in lol

I used to enter the track with a gold chrome Veyron or X2010 and wait on some little noob to ask me to trade them i'd say you send it first and i'll wait here, guy would come back and say i've sent it and I would go and send them a set or tyres lol

If they have another track. Its gotta be better than the dreary eboladrome (and the previous track).

Who remembers back on GT5 having drag races on TopGear Test Track? that track used to get all the noobs in lol

I used to enter the track with a gold chrome Veyron or X2010 and wait on some little noob to ask me to trade them i'd say you send it first and i'll wait here, guy would come back and say i've sent it and I would go and send them a set or tyres lol

And you’re proud of that?

You sound like the kind of guy who would trade a magikarp and and get a mewtwo (pokemon) in return

current top gear is better than the grand tour :D
HeresyStamp.png

It's no real loss. Perhaps they'll use a proper circuit now instead. There must be still dozens of usable WW2 airfields that could stand in for it at a pinch.

While the track isn't terribly exciting by any means, I do like that it served as a benchmark for lap times. Having a consistent track that's had a number of cars lap it does give some insight into how they stack up against one another. Plus it's more "regulated" than Ring times too since it has a standard start/finish line and probably uses the same driver for the most part.

Most memorable moment on the Test Track in TG can only be The Stig in the Caterham R500.....

At pretty as Anglesey circuit is, it's a long way for a whole show to decamp to. Imagine trying to get 'stars' up to north Wales every week! It's got to be within spitting distance of London really. Thruxton isn't that much further, just a quick blast down the M3. It's a working airfield so they can ferry VIPs quite easily. It also practically has it's own resident Stig - Tiff Needell. Supercar experiences aside, it doesn't get much use as a circuit either.

As silly as it sounds, Top Gear Test Track is absolutely my favorite benchmark. I had almost 100 lap times saved on GT5, and each and every one I spent hours archiving.

I was going to question your integrity but you pretty much told the world about it so there's no need.

I always enjoyed the track, thankfully we can still run it on AC.
James May often says the world is constantly improving, in fact the world is better now than it was one minute ago.
I wonder what his thoughts are on the bit of news.

At pretty as Anglesey circuit is, it's a long way for a whole show to decamp to. Imagine trying to get 'stars' up to north Wales every week! It's got to be within spitting distance of London really. Thruxton isn't that much further, just a quick blast down the M3. It's a working airfield so they can ferry VIPs quite easily. It also practically has it's own resident Stig - Tiff Needell. Supercar experiences aside, it doesn't get much use as a circuit either.
Its also unfortunately has stupidly demanding noise limits and track time limits (one of my local three).

While not the most exciting track and not in any way ideal for serious racing, its something I'll miss because of the non-serious stuff that took place. The awesome hot laps and leaderboard were just a great bonus along with the "Star In A Reasonably Priced Car" stuff. Annoys me to see the real Estate plague continues to be a bain on race tracks and its not just the US with this.

current top gear is better than the grand tour :D

To be honest they are both as bad a show as each other. Far too samey as well.

noooo......this season of top gear was pretty snooze and it was short. Season 2 of GT was a better show than season 1. I could rewatch season 2 and still get some great laughs but that's not happening with top gear

this was one of my fav eps cause it had me genuinely concerned and at the edge of my seat all the while knowing nothing is gonna go wrong, because we would've heard something about it through the media. Nevertheless that was quite the stunt-job and hammond's decision to not partake was absolutely understandable

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back