• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,592 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
lemans-2018-le-mans-24-hours-poster-2017-2018-le-mans-24-hours-poster-6570384.jpg

The Le Mans 24 Hours, arguably the most famous circuit race in the world and host of the biggest event world motorsport. The 24 hours of Le Mans returns for an 86th running on the unique La Sarthe circuit. A monster 60 car grid is present as part of the new 2018-2019 WEC "Superseason" and there is reason for this year to be even more predictable.

>ENTRY LIST
>ANDY BLACKMORE SPOTTERS GUIDE
>EUROSPORT PLAYER PLAYSTATION APP
>RTL STREAM

Last edited:
I will enjoy 3/4 of the race on Eurosport. The rest is adverts. After the WEC’s shambles of a live stream last year I won’t be buying the race. Just flick to motorsports.tv on every Eurosport advert break and I shouldn’t miss much.

I'll try watching on velocity, see how that goes hopefully limited commercials. Cancelled motor trend because no race replays render it useless. But I'm sure either way they'll be a myriad amount of viewing choices available.

And, of course you can buy the direct product from the ACO, etc. It was...questionable last year, but the coverage is good when it's showing.

Either Velocity or MotorTrend. Not sure how much Velocity is showing but supposedly MotorTrend will air the whole thing.

Well Velocity is out for me as it's not part of my cable subscription blah-blah-blah. I looked at MotorTrend only briefly but assume it's some similar deal. How is an event this big not available in this country? Hopefully a stream will pop up because this is really disappointing. 🤬

I looked at MotorTrend only briefly but assume it's some similar deal.

It's an OTT streaming service. I tried it awhile back and was less than thrilled with it so I'm hesitant to give it another try. They do have the usual free trial period (14 days in this case) though so it may be worthwhile to just sign up for that a day or two prior to the race than cancelling right after.

The question this year is just how Toyota will fail to win.

Although I will be extremely excited if Alonso wins.

If they do, they better throw in the towel mid race! I don't want that last lap heartbreaker happening again.

I do think we're in for a possible treat this year. The GTLM field is awesome (and we're finally seeing more teams and more than one Ferrari). The LMP1 will be a great "a field full of Davids and one Goliath". With that many teams it's possible Toyota will have to have a perfect race. The car that won last year was one of the cars which was down by what, 19+ laps before coming back to win? You won't get away with that in a large field like we're seeing. I really enjoyed last year's race (more than any in recent memory). I can't wait to see what this year serves up.

Would like to see some weather this year though, it's been a while since rain threw a wrench in the works.

The Toyota may be quicker but the number 8 had gearbox issues going towards 6 hours at Spa, so what's going to happen in a race that's 4x that length? I wouldn't rule out reliability issues coming into play a bit, it's just a matter how long it'll take them to fix them and far back (Rebellion or SMP) are when that happens.

Hopefully there won't be a last 10 min surprise for Toyota this year.(I mean, if it's gonna break-i dont know but i feel it, it's going to break-, then it should be more earlier, otherwise it's being extremely hearthbraking.) I don't wanna see that man crying again...

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2016-hugues-de-chaunac.jpg

I'm still convinced majority of Toyota "fans" are not really fans but only support them because it was "anyone but Audi/VAG".

I'm still convinced majority of Toyota "fans" are not really fans but only support them because it was "anyone but Audi/VAG".
Japanese car fan here. In the order of preference as follows. Honda, Toyota, Nissan and Mazda. Having said that I'm definitely in the ABA camp. I'd like them back. It's not the same without them.

Back