The Microsoft Store Leaks New Spirit of Le Mans DLC for Project Cars 2

I can’t wait to see how classic Le Mans will look, judging from the other historical tracks in Project CARS 2 the expectations are through the roof. :)

Is this also the first game ever that will have a classic Le Mans circuit? (on consoles for sure but I’m not so sure about the PC racing games).

Great news. I´m looking forward to testing the Moby Dick in this layout.

I can't wait to drive the 917 on the Classic LeMans layout. Thank you SMS:) I'm from Switzerland, so with this pack, for me, the era of Jo Siffert will bring this legendary combo back to life.
Jo Siffert was a great driver. I´m a big fan as well

Attachments

• Project CARS 2_20180522221730.jpg
    Project CARS 2_20180522221730.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:
@Divaldo Yes, he was one of the greatest ever! For me....The Greatest. The Documentary " Jo Siffert - Live Fast Die Young is a must to watch for every Jo Siffert Fan. An Era where Racing was War with a lot of really rare footage. By the way....without Jo Siffert, the Movie LeMans won't exist and so without the help of Jo Siffert on this Movie which SMS used to recreate the track layout we also won't have this beautiful track layout on PC2.

We know 7 of the 9 cars. I wonder what the others are..? I will of course be going straight to the Toyota TS050-HYBRID.

I really hope they get the LMP1-H cars sound accurately represented. They have many nuances to the powertrain that effect that.

We know 7 of the 9 cars. I wonder what the others are..? I will of course be going straight to the Toyota TS050-HYBRID.

I really hope they get the LMP1-H cars sound accurately represented. They have many nuances to the powertrain that effect that.

Remember that SMS say "Nothing that's been leaked in the files is guaranteed". Sometimes they develop stuff that doesn't make the cut. If I were you, I'd expect exactly those 7 cars, not 9. The leak looks very legitimate and there's a chance that they couldn't secure some cars, in the end.

Hey if you’re adding Ferrari 512s why not add the 512TR or 90’s 512M (ie the last of the Testarossas)?

With the addition of the modern machinery PCARS has pretty much all the iconic Le Mans cars since the 60s (except the Mazda 787B!) in the game. Now it just needs to reach further back and add the D-Type, or a late 20s/30s Bentley.

Hey if you’re adding Ferrari 512s why not add the 512TR or 90’s 512M (ie the last of the Testarossas)?

With the addition of the modern machinery PCARS has pretty much all the iconic Le Mans cars since the 60s (except the Mazda 787B!) in the game. Now it just needs to reach further back and add the D-Type, or a late 20s/30s Bentley.
Would love a D-Type! The Aston Martin DBR1 is awfully lonely...

No Ford GT40?

It's difficult to imagine a "Spirit of Le Mans" pack without a Ford GT40 MK1!

I thought each pack was due to have a minimum of 8 cars with some having 9.

There are currently two Le Mans cars in the game which are orphans - the 1952 Mercedes 300 SL and the 1959 Aston Martin DBR1/300 - both are incredibly enjoyable to drive and race. There have been rumours of a Ferrari 250 TR to match against the Aston - just need a Merc 300 SLR and a Jaguar D Type (preferably short nose and long nose) for some great battles.

The 1960's is also a thin era in the game with just the Ford Mark 4 and Ferrari 330 P4 Le Mans cars at present - I really hope they can strengthen that group - the Ford GT40 Mark 1 would be the most logical addition and spans the period from 1964 to '69 winning the race in both '68 and '69.

Maybe a version of the Porsche 908/2 with lights will come with the pack - after all the one which Steve McQueen drove to 2nd overall at Sebring was fitted out as a camera car, raced in the 1970 Le Mans and used to capture most of the race footage used in the film. Or how about a Lola T70 - they were also used in the film, but for crash scenes dressed as Porsches and Ferraris - plus the Penske Lola T70 beat the 917's in the Daytona 24 hour.

I've just returned home from Brands Hatch watching the Lola T70's in the FIA Masters Historic Festival - it has to be one of the best sounding and most beautiful race cars of all time and like the GT40 MK1 spans a long period of competition history - enough were made that when the rules changed which outlawed the Mark 4 and 330 P4 they qualified as Sports Cars rather than Prototypes so had a second lease of life with the GT40 MK1 alongside the 917's and 512's.

Below some shots I took during the pre-race Test at Brands on Friday (ignore the lovely red Chevron).

Slide 6 FIA Masters 2018 Lola.jpg

It's difficult to imagine a "Spirit of Le Mans" pack without a Ford GT40 MK1!

I thought each pack was due to have a minimum of 8 cars with some having 9.

There are currently two Le Mans cars in the game which are orphans - the 1952 Mercedes 300 SL and the 1959 Aston Martin DBR1/300 - both are incredibly enjoyable to drive and race. There have been rumours of a Ferrari 250 TR to match against the Aston - just need a Merc 300 SLR and a Jaguar D Type (preferably short nose and long nose) for some great battles.

The 1960's is also a thin era in the game with just the Ford Mark 4 and Ferrari 330 P4 Le Mans cars at present - I really hope they can strengthen that group - the Ford GT40 Mark 1 would be the most logical addition and spans the period from 1964 to '69 winning the race in both '68 and '69.

Maybe a version of the Porsche 908/2 with lights will come with the pack - after all the one which Steve McQueen drove to 2nd overall at Sebring was fitted out as a camera car, raced in the 1970 Le Mans and used to capture most of the race footage used in the film. Or how about a Lola T70 - they were also used in the film, but for crash scenes dressed as Porsches and Ferraris - plus the Penske Lola T70 beat the 917's in the Daytona 24 hour.

I've just returned home from Brands Hatch watching the Lola T70's in the FIA Masters Historic Festival - it has to be one of the best sounding and most beautiful race cars of all time and like the GT40 MK1 spans a long period of competition history - enough were made that when the rules changed which outlawed the Mark 4 and 330 P4 they qualified as Sports Cars rather than Prototypes so had a second lease of life with the GT40 MK1 alongside the 917's and 512's.

Below some shots I took this during the pre-race Test at Brands on Friday (ignore the lovely red Chevron).

View attachment 739052

I feel like the Mercedes SLR is off limits due to its role in that horrific crash, I doubt Mercedes wants kids driving it in their video game and associating the brand with death. I don’t think it’s ever been in a racing game as far as I know. (EDIT apparently it was in The Crew of all things inexplicably)

That said VW did allow WW2 military vehicles in GT so who knows.

Awesome be getting this on Xbox one and PS4 lol. I need a wheel though :( controller isn’t doing it for me. Still uncomfortable with it :(

It's odd how the description on the store doesn't mention nine cars.
I was thinking the same. Somebody on the PCars forum made a good point in that there could have been licencing issues. It has happened with PCars before so it is possible.

We need that trailer @IanBell. Purely for research of course...

Remember that SMS say "Nothing that's been leaked in the files is guaranteed". Sometimes they develop stuff that doesn't make the cut. If I were you, I'd expect exactly those 7 cars, not 9. The leak looks very legitimate and there's a chance that they couldn't secure some cars, in the end.

Yes but on official Season Pass infographics says 9 cars and one track ;)

What they hoped to get VS What they could get

Actually this info graphics on their site is what is promised for certain price. People are paying for Season pass and expect to have this amount of content as it was advertise. I think there must be 9 cars because people who bought this day one would be pissed. I think this 2 cars are just not announced.

As you can see here 9 cars and 1 track.

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/season-pass/

Actually this info graphics on their site is what is promised for certain price. People are paying for Season pass and expect to have this amount of content as it was advertise. I think there must be 9 cars because people who bought this day one would be pissed. I think this 2 cars are just not announced.

Did you know this graph has changed before? Don't take anything that's not already "filled in" as granted. Content will be coming, but there's no guarantee they'll get all of it, a few may not be possible. SMS have said it themselves.

That's the point. When people make their purchasing decision based on that advertisement (which is a fair assumption), saying 'sorry it didn't work out' is not a valid excuse. I also think there is just 2 cars not explicitly mentioned but will be included.

Did you know this graph has changed before? Don't take anything that's not already "filled in" as granted. Content will be coming, but there's no guarantee they'll get all of it, a few may not be possible. SMS have said it themselves.

SMS Said this about leaked informations, not official ones used to advertise on their main site.

I still think thats something fishy is about this leak. It is on microsoft site but it looks weird.

I feel like the Mercedes SLR is off limits due to its role in that horrific crash.

I have always assumed this as well.

The Mercedes 300 SLR race car has been in a couple of Forza games as well. With number 772 from Stirling Moss if I’m not mistaken.

That is interesting and gives some hope - the 722 was the Mille Miglia winning car - so maybe a chance of adding it to the game in the future, but not in a Le Mans pack and perhaps exclude the Le Mans liveries / race numbers.

I don't think the Mille Miglia cars had the air barke - it was deployed on the Mulsanne long before the drum brakes were applied in an effort save them. Jaguar had an advantage with their discs, but Mercedes had their air brake and a talent advantage with the pairing of Fangio and Moss.

I can, but dream!

PS - If SMS have run into a problem with some of the cars (2) they could always add a 908 with lights.

Back