2018 Grand Prix Heineken du CanadaFormula 1 

TenEightyOne
TenEightyOne
It's Canada time and the race is guaranteed to be more exciting than the last one.

Hamilton excels at this track so if the Mercedes is there he should be too, and he'll have the B-spec Mercedes engine to help him along. Renault are also bringing their B-Spec unit although there's some doubt about whether or not Red Bull will receive the upgrade.

Ricciardio is facing a default 10-place grid penalty for changing the MGU-K that could have cost him the race in Monaco.

Montreal.png

Who can tell me what's wrong with the opening sequence of that Ferrari tweet?

As a Montrealer, this displeases me. :lol:

They failed to mention the Montreal is home to the Hell’s Angels, Canada’s largest criminal organization, who also happens to be one of the largest business enterprises in Montreal, infiltrating every level of government and business, they forgot to do an exposé on the potholes left over from Expo 86, and they forgot to give a shout out to Super Sex, Canada’s best strip club. I love Rue St Catherine :D

Don't forget La Banquise on Rachel street with the besf poutine in Canada, and the cheap beer and metal heads at Foufs on saturday nights. :lol:

But seriously, that's Toronto's skyline.

Montreal is also where the Super Best Friends Play are from, one of my favorite YouTube channels.

Who can tell me what's wrong with the opening sequence of that Ferrari tweet?

As a Montrealer, this displeases me. :lol:

The only thing I noticed was center instead of centre but that might just be me and my olde Englishe.

I didn't notice Toronto until your post a few down. :lol:

The only thing I noticed was center instead of centre but that might just be me and my olde Englishe.

I didn't notice Toronto until your post a few down. :lol:

I think 'theatre' and 'centre' are also the Canadian spellings, I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong :D

They failed to mention the Montreal is home to the Hell’s Angels, Canada’s largest criminal organization, who also happens to be one of the largest business enterprises in Montreal, infiltrating every level of government and business, they forgot to do an exposé on the potholes left over from Expo 86, and they forgot to give a shout out to Super Sex, Canada’s best strip club. I love Rue St Catherine :D

Hell, the Italian Mob in Canada is almost always operating chiefly in Montreal, no?

Gutted for Riccy’s grid penalty/penalties... I really hope we get a proper three way fight before this season is done

Mercedes will not run their B-Spec engine this weekend, they cite 'reliability concerns' for this decision.
And with Ferrari bringing engine upgrades, this could see a Ferrari 1-2 in qualifying.

Though regardless my money is on Hamilton.

Gutted for Riccy’s grid penalty/penalties... I really hope we get a proper three way fight before this season is done

Despite Newey saying earlier in the week that they would be facing a penalty Ricciardio has now suggested otherwise. Could be a risky move from Red Bull - we've seen that you can get away with power deficits in Monaco but Montreal is the polar opposite.

EDIT: After reading my own link better (I know, I know) he won't run the re-activated Monaco MGU-K but will re-install his first unit of the season.

Physically assaulting a reporter huh? The FIA or RB might actually sit his arse out for that...maybe :banghead:
It’s a slow news day in a slow news week, motorsport wise, and I don’t mean to make a mountain out of a molehill - to be honest, I just found the exchange funny.

However, in the context of, “the drivers are supposed to be role models for young people,” which has been used at various times to condemn the actions of other F1 drivers (actions both on and off the race track), it does seem a little odd that the powers that be would let this incident slide. I mean, I think we all know max wasn’t serious, but at the same time, making those comments during the official press conference demonstrates a lack of control of one’s emmotions. And not only was it overly emotional, the threat of violence just because you’re having a rough go of it (and the roughest day in F1, baring injury or death, is better than most people’s good days) is a terrible example to young people.

Again, I could really care less. It just seems like another F1 contradiction if management takes no action. Max “Teflon-Don” Verstappen does it again :P

Auto sport are reporting that Jacques Villeneuve will be driving his fathers 1978 Ferrari on the drivers parade .
I wonder what the drivers of that era (there's still a few of that great but tragic time still with us) make of the opportunity to drive a current F1 car ?

Auto sport are reporting that Jacques Villeneuve will be driving his fathers 1978 Ferrari on the drivers parade .
I wonder what the drivers of that era (there's still a few of that great but tragic time still with us) make of the opportunity to drive a current F1 car ?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lauda-drives-the-jaguar-r2-at-valencia/

Lauda claimed that a monkey could drive a modern F1 car (this was a modern car in 2002 with grooved tyres) and got into his team's car to prove it. He spun it a few times... but it wasn't a bad showing!

It’s a slow news day in a slow news week, motorsport wise, and I don’t mean to make a mountain out of a molehill - to be honest, I just found the exchange funny.

However, in the context of, “the drivers are supposed to be role models for young people,” which has been used at various times to condemn the actions of other F1 drivers (actions both on and off the race track), it does seem a little odd that the powers that be would let this incident slide. I mean, I think we all know max wasn’t serious, but at the same time, making those comments during the official press conference demonstrates a lack of control of one’s emmotions. And not only was it overly emotional, the threat of violence just because you’re having a rough go of it (and the roughest day in F1, baring injury or death, is better than most people’s good days) is a terrible example to young people.

Again, I could really care less. It just seems like another F1 contradiction if management takes no action. Max “Teflon-Don” Verstappen does it again :P
So drivers should be PR-bots? Guy is hearing same thing all over again from various journalists, cracks a joke about headbutting sb and he's suddenly overly emotional, lacking control of emotions and a bad example for kids?

*cringe level increased by 1000%*
Care to elaborate?
adb
So drivers should be PR-bots? Guy is hearing same thing all over again from various journalists, cracks a joke about headbutting sb and he's suddenly overly emotional, lacking control of emotions and a bad example for kids?
Did I say drivers should be PR bots? I just don’t think it’s very professional for a driver, in the official press conference, to threaten physical violence on someone for asking a question they don’t want to answer. If you consider that ok behaviour, ok then I guess. You think people who work at Starbucks can go around threatening to head butt the next person who asks for a coffee they don’t like to make?

Do you think that was an emotionally stable response to the situation? Would you consider that a good example for young viewers?

Earlier this year, Louis made a “joke” about boys wearing dresses, and nearly broke the internet. Max makes his comments, and no one bats an eye. Sign of the times I guess :rolleyes:

Like I said, I’m not out here demanding action be taken against Max, I’m just saying that as an observer, I find the situation interesting, if not slightly odd.

Back