Forza Horizon 4 Deluxe and Ultimate Edition Bundles Detailed

Seems like they learned from FH3's expansion pass nonsense. Good!

25 EUR for both Blizzard mountain and Hot Wheels was not a bad deal you know, it was worth every penny of it. But yeah, if they are now included in the ultimate edition (and the price doesn't go up) it would be sweet. I still find it hard to believe, there has to be a catch. :) The catch is probably the 500+ clothes combined to micro transactions or something, which would not be bad if that results in 2 expansions to be included in the ultimate edition.

25 EUR for both Blizzard mountain and Hot Wheels was not a bad deal you know, it was worth every penny of it. But yeah, if they are now included in the ultimate edition (and the price doesn't go up) it would be sweet. I still find it hard to believe, there has to be a catch. :) The catch is probably the 500+ clothes combined to micro transactions or something, which would not be bad if that results in 2 expansions to be included in the ultimate edition.

Hrm, that'll teach me to be hasty... Now that you mention it, It IS Microsoft. They're known to be quite money hungry.

Hrm, that'll teach me to be hasty... Now that you mention it, It IS Microsoft. They're known to be quite money hungry.

They are also behind Sony a lot, and I mean A LOT (console sales, exclusive games, ...) So they have some catching up to do, and they better not upset their player base. An appealing deal on FH4 might lure some PS4 players into buying an XBox as well, heck I even bought my standard XBox when coming from PS3 because of FM6. :) I saw their entire E3 show, I think it was a good show. A lot of sequels and DLC for their existing franchises but I don't think I saw 1 new AAA IP exclusive to Microsoft. But, they bought 5 studios to work on that so the results of that will be for 2019/2020 probably. Not that I care much about console exclusives though, I have both an X1X and PS4 Pro. :)

What interested me the most about the Microsoft presentation was Forza Horizon 4 and Battlefield V for this year. And then also Cyberpunk 2077 for the future.

Or it's an option to have cosmetic items for cash instead of waiting to unlock it later in the game, which is most likely the outcome. Honestly, both of you talk as if the Forza franchise has a repeat history of hiding items behind a paywall.

They are also behind Sony a lot, and I mean A LOT (console sales, exclusive games, ...) So they have some catching up to do, and they better not upset their player base. An appealing deal on FH4 might lure some PS4 players into buying an XBox as well, heck I even bought my standard XBox when coming from PS3 because of FM6. :) I saw their entire E3 show, I think it was a good show. A lot of sequels and DLC for their existing franchises but I don't think I saw 1 new AAA IP exclusive to Microsoft. But, they bought 5 studios to work on that so the results of that will be for 2019/2020 probably. Not that I care much about console exclusives though, I have both an X1X and PS4 Pro. :)

What interested me the most about the Microsoft presentation was Forza Horizon 4 and Battlefield V for this year. And then also Cyberpunk 2077 for the future.

I don't call Forza an Xbox exclusive anymore since it's available for PC as well now.

Or it's an option to have cosmetic items for cash instead of waiting to unlock it later in the game, which is most likely the outcome. Honestly, both of you talk as if the Forza franchise has a repeat history of hiding items behind a paywall.

To be fair, I think Forza (and Horizon in particular) has been one of the best at building in microtransactions that don't affect the non-microtransaction experience. If you can turn off the part of the brain that says "but there's stuff that I'm not getting and that's not fair" the games without microtransactions are still completely playable, fun and worth the money.

Not really any more so than other developers at the stage, I wouldn't think.

Might get Ultimate edition this time since i got my moneys worth in FH3. Hope this time one of the expansions is based on either a city that isn't London (would love it to be Liverpool, given its architectural heriage) or like a commonwealth state. Maybe something like the Falklands that isnt the Falklands.

UE on FH3 was the best with the VIP perks, although lets hope it works on day one (remembering the UE status was not working the first week of FH3).

Even better with the included expansions in UE! Glad I don't have to fork out more money for it (Blizzard and Hot Wheels were great)

This probably won’t be a popular comment but I wish Polyphony Digital would copy the Forza model and split Gran Turismo into two games. There is a big empty space on the Playstation for a game like Forza Horizon.

Kaz has hinted in the past that he considered an open world Gran Turismo.

You could argue that Forza Horizon is now more popular than Forza.

This probably won’t be a popular comment but I wish Polyphony Digital would copy the Forza model and split Gran Turismo into two games. There is a big empty space on the Playstation for a game like Forza Horizon.

Kaz has hinted in the past that he considered an open world Gran Turismo.

You could argue that Forza Horizon is now more popular than Forza.

I played Forza Motorsport 7 a bit, like, a week? It was Forza Motorsport 6 with a new coat of paint.

Buyer's remorse. VERY strong buyer's remorse since I went with the UE.

Edit: I won't regret buying FH4 UE. I read the website announce and it says there's a route creator. While probably not impressive, I WILL use it a whole lot, even if it's hidden behind a perk.

Last edited:
Am I the only one not too excited about the location? It’s not bad, but I feel there could’ve been better choices though too. Like Dubai, California , New York, zHawaii, or Japan. I’ll still buy it though. I hope I’m not disappointed though.

Good to see at least this game will get two proper expansions. Whats up with Forza 7, though? Running out of ideas?!

Future updates for FM7 will pretty much consist of what was said in the Inside Xbox stream, plus Forzathon events on a regular basis. Any new environments or career expansions is wishful thinking given the game's mixed reception among fans.

If the acquisition of PG and early confirmation of two expansions (while the last Motorsport instalment didn't get any) is anything to go by, Horizon is officially the mainline series of the Forza franchise. 👍

If the acquisition of PG and early confirmation of two expansions (while the last Motorsport instalment didn't get any) is anything to go by, Horizon is officially the mainline series of the Forza franchise. 👍
More than likely has to do with this.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ring-top-talent-for-its-secret-second-project
Playground Games has been quietly doubling its headcount over the past two years, after the success of Forza Horizon 3 enabled it to embark on a new (and highly secretive) project.

Last year, we revealed that the UK developer was opening a second studio with plans for a team of 200 developers to work on something that goes beyond the racing antics its first team is known for. Since then, precious little new information emerged, save for the fact that it is an "open-world action RPG".

Part of the reason PG along with 3 other studios were bought was because Microsoft doesn't have the exclusive army Sony has. After the success PG brought them with Horizon, Microsoft probably wants to help back them with the 2nd studio in return for an exclusive title.

What's the point off deluxe & ultimate editions when you can get everything cheaper on standard edition which is better to go for & never had any problems at all when new stuff comes up on standard edition

What's the point off deluxe & ultimate editions when you can get everything cheaper on standard edition which is better to go for & never had any problems at all when new stuff comes up on standard edition
The 2 stand alone expansions are like 20 each thats already the price of the UE with the standard game. So you get the car pass and VIP pass for free with the UE. Its the better deal if you want everything.

Deluxe and Ultimate Editions offer better value for money. If you buy the standard game, VIP Pass, Season Pass and Expansion Pass separately, you end up spending a lot more.

Back