Update on Eligibility for GT Sport's FIA Championships

Does anyone know if there’s a way to update your age information for sport mode? I had to confirm everything a few days ago but for some reason my age and birthday was incorrect :confused:

Regarding Australia, it was named in the initial legal doc. that showed it (and New Zealand) among the EMEA group about a week ago, possibly due to Aus. and NZ being part of the EU PS region (same PSN Store, etc.)
That doc. (en-au) has since been altered to more accurately show the Asia region countries, and Australia and New Zealand are still named as Entrant Countries. 👍
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/legal/fia-gran-turismo-championships-2018-competition/

Does anyone know if there’s a way to update your age information for sport mode? I had to confirm everything a few days ago but for some reason my age and birthday was incorrect :confused:

No mate, there isn't.
Despite a long campaign to be allowed to alter some initial sign-up details, 3 things still remain permanent on creation of a PSN account.
The online Id. you chose.
Country/Region
Date of Birth
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...station-4-to-update-personal-information-on-/

No mate, there isn't.
Despite a long campaign to be allowed to alter some initial sign-up details, 3 things still remain permanent on creation of a PSN account.
The online Id. you chose.
Country/Region
Date of Birth
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...station-4-to-update-personal-information-on-/

🤬:banghead:

Is this a new policy or has it always been this way? My father made the account for me years ago and I’ve used it since so I think he put his birthday in without thinking. I didn’t even notice until I had to confirm on Sport mode.

I’m more worried about it making me ineligible for prizes or anything like that in the miraculous and unlikely event I win something than anything else :nervous:

🤬:banghead:

Is this a new policy or has it always been this way? My father made the account for me years ago and I’ve used it since so I think he put his birthday in without thinking. I didn’t even notice until I had to confirm on Sport mode.

I’m more worried about it making me ineligible for prizes or anything like that in the miraculous and unlikely event I win something than anything else :nervous:
It's always been this way.
Over the years people have pushed SONY to allow for changes, even simply including certain missing National flags, and while there has been a few small changes (and endless rumours of upcoming changes), these 3 points have always been permanent.

I don't know how hard and fast SONY stick to these rules, but my assumption is that it would be a very hard task to convince them through some sort of special pleading that you still deserve to win the prize even though your PSN account details were found to be inaccurate.
I may be wrong, but it would be far better to be safe than sorry.

It's always been this way.
Over the years people have pushed SONY to allow for changes, even simply including certain missing National flags, and while there has been a few small changes (and endless rumours of upcoming changes), these 3 points have always been permanent.

I don't know how hard and fast SONY stick to these rules, but my assumption is that it would be a very hard task to convince them through some sort of special pleading that you still deserve to win the prize even though your PSN account details were found to be inaccurate.
I may be wrong, but it would be far better to be safe than sorry.

Damn, I had no idea. I never had to pay attention to this before. Maybe I’ll contact them to see if something can be done. It’s pretty messed up that you can’t change something that was out of your control because you were younger and it can affect you years later.

Many times when people made secondary accounts they would put in a false birthday date that would come up in the next few days to a week so that they would get the "free" birthday gift car that the GT franchise has always given out.

Now that information needs to be correct and could be verified for contest reasons those that have built up their game stats using an account the information is incorrect on have a problem if they were to be one of the winners.

The only way to correct it that I know of is to start a new account or switch to a current account that the information is correct but your game ranking and progress will start over from scratch as you will not be able to transfer your current games progress to the new account.:ill:

I just wish they would explain more about what resident actually means and define what sort of documents we wi need to provide upon registration for star player.

It was bizarre how Ottawa was excluded even though it’s in Ontario. Maybe it’s because it has a sort of shared municipality with Hull, which is right across the river in Quebec.

Wow, Hold on a second I am from Quebec what does this mean for me I am confused

It means we aren't eligible to participate in the FIA Championships. You can still enter but technically are not supposed to if you accepted the terms and conditions. Thankfully, they're working on it so it will probably be fixed soon. There are no legal hurdles to our participation in eSports contests in Quebec since 2016! I decided to sit out the FIAs until I'm eligible as I wouldn't want to mess up an eligible driver's race and take points away from them. More of a personal ethics issue ;)

Last edited:
Hey, Poliphony Digital! Romania (Earth, EU) here! Population • 2017 estimate:19,638,000

125px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png

:cheers:

We are working diligently to solve some legal complications before the official qualifying stage launches in August.
I guess they meant August 2020:lol::lol::lol:
Hahaha... I'm laughing more from rage and because the whole thing has become 🤬 tedious.
Opening movie: Driving is for everyone.
Yeah we see:lol:

I know it’s a bit late, but i’ve found the solution to this! Hopefully this will be useful to somebody :)

Back